Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The official cheltenham thread

Comments

• Options
    mccoy double perhaps? will look at next race
  • Options
    Tidal Bay to just about get my money back on the week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]mccoy double perhaps? will look at next race

Karabak i got him at 8-1
  • Options
    2.40 tomorrow, Betchworth Kid - lump on peeps
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]Tidal Bay to just about get my money back on the week.

Was hoping for the same....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]

You just know that people will leave big bucks alone now and he will hose up.

This.
  • Options
    Big Bucks winner 3.20, 11/10 Fave :-O

Failed day on my part may just give up tomorrow unless Weststand whats your source?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]2.40 tomorrow, Betchworth Kid - lump on peeps

Is that from someone 'in the know' or just your own tip?
  • Options
    I reckon the top 2 could be broken tomorrow, Imperial commander maybe to pinch 2nd.
  • Options
    Gave up after my balls-up in the first... since then from my notes I've had down Buena Vista, Time for Rupert and Great Endeavour since early this morning - all come in with fairly long odds

I actually want to cry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unlucky mate

Not sure about this last one to be honest

Probably lunge for no strings attached
  • Options
    My tip came from a former work colleague who believe it or not has carved a successful career for themselves as a professional gambler.

Can't quote from the previous page for some reason.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]My tip came from a former work colleague who believe it or not has carved a successful career for themselves as a professional gambler.

Not a bad job i suppose!
  • Options
    I know, his CV is interesting! He also does well on the Betfair site where you can set your own odds, if I remember rightly, he picked up £40k not to long ago.
  • Options
    JT - Imperial Commander was 14/1 a few weeks back, I've had £20 e/w on it at that price and a mate of mine has had £100 e/w at that price
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]I know, his CV is interesting! He also does well on the Betfair site where you can set your own odds, if I remember rightly, he picked up £40k not to long ago.

I love to know how you suddenly become a professional gambler. Do you have thousands behind you to start with that you're prepared to lose? Or do you start off with £100 and keep gradually building? Does he have inside info from somewhere?
    To be winning 40k you've got to be betting huge sums though. My dream job!!
  • Options
    God knows, his old man is well off so I think he just decided to jack work in & go for it - he gives me decent tips for the big races as he knows that there's a huge gambling debt inside me just aching to get out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]God knows, his old man is well off so I think he just decided to jack work in & go for it - he gives me decent tips for the big races as he knows that there's a huge gambling debt inside me just aching to get out!

The proof will come tomorrow when about 200 Charlton Lifers stick money on Betchworth Kid!
  • Options
    I was down there Tues and Wed. Had a fantasic time. Weather on Tuesday was beautiful.
    Had a couple of places on Tues but two good wins yesterday on Peddlers Cross in the Novice Hurdle and Spirit River in the Coral Cup. Also cleaned up in the competition we hold as a group. Therefore a couple of very expensive days didn't cost me too much.
    Had just one bet today, Cross Kennon e/w in the Pretemps.:-)
    We have a couple of real racing guys in our group who go regulary all year and they couldn't pick anything between them!
    I never back short priced favourites and especially at Cheltenham. The whole Dunguib affair was a joke. Anyway I picked up plenty on him last year.
    Saw quite a few celebs. David Platt and Lawro. Alan Brazil camped out in a little Guinness bar - Shock! It may as well have been Bow Wine Vaults.
    Also Michael Vaughn and Lee Westwood were standing behind our group in the Guinness village for over an hour, just drinking with the masses.
    Looking forward to nipping in and out of the bookies tomorrow whilst at work.
  • Options
    one bet one win for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tarkari (E/W) in the County Hurdle will be my main bet tomorrow. 16/1 at the moment.
  • Options
    i will have a look.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2010
    1.30: Barizan
    2.05: Eradicate
    2.40: Shinrock paddy
    3.20: Denman
    4.00: Baby run
    4.40: Radium
    5.15: Tataniano (NAP)
  • Options
    Denman to win
    Tricky Trickster e/w

All I'm having today
  • Options
    Can't see Kauto being beaten mate, sorry.
  • Options
    Imperial Cmmander e/w for me

also like the Betchworth Kid so will follow the tip from above
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Can't see Kauto being beaten mate, sorry.

The way the weeks gone, anything could happen. If it rains i'd be inclined to back Denman
  • Options
    Hills and Ladbrokes both paying 4th place on the Triumph, 1/4 odds.
  • Options
    Right only bet of the day at 11.00, £15 stake to win
    2.40- The Betchworth, do me proud!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Right only bet of the day at 11.00, £15 stake to win
    2.40- The Betchworth, do me proud!

14s at Corals