Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The official cheltenham thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    IC rounds off a great week after a frustrating Tues. Weapons amnesty and albertas run were my two other big wins
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Just goes to show there is no skill in betting.
    This is meant to be the cream of racing yet all the favourites keep getting turned over.
    it is a lottery.

Very true. In the office this week we've been keeping all the daily pull outs and looking back to see what the so called experts have been backing. Hardly any of this weeks winners even got a mention in the pre race write ups never mind actually be tipped to win. A joke of week for a large majority of punters and the bookies have made an absolute killing.
  • Options
    Been a strange week
  • Options
    I always try to steer clear of the favorites and try to find the horse who may split a fancied pair,

Then in the big race i couldnt see the point in Denman or kauto so i looked for the horse to split them or pull some money around in 3rd

like Mon Mome 3rd place at 50-1 must have helped some folks out.

but then i am not serious about the betting so i only look to win a few quid or atleast come clean, last year i got cocky and got burned for a lot so this year i played safe and ended up enjoying the races and having a little earner.

only serious punters got burned here those in for the craic ended up with some fantastic priced winners
  • Options
    bollocks got done on the line in the last
  • Options
    Whoops, I'll be having a word with my so called mate! Professional gambler my arse!

Sorry peeps, I'll be back with more hot tips at the National!!
  • Options
    had both denman and imperial on each ways , not a big bet but an extra bullseye in me pocket none the less
  • Options
    been a good festival, backed denman to be placed on betfair at 1.81 so got some comeback there. Layers laughing though this week
  • Options
    Thank f..k that's over!

Backstage and the Package for the National for me (that's 2 for most of you to cross out then) and hopefully a decent flat season.
  • Options
    I had 20 each way on imperial commander and a patent on thousand island, imperial commander and baby run. Very very very nice friday for me