Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The official cheltenham thread

Comments

• Options
    My one for today -

My Way De Solzen @ 3:30 - 11/1
  • Options
    I'm sticking with my man Alan King again today.

I need some help which i'd be grateful if people could explain. Not too up on this betting lark, i know how to put on win, double, treble, e/w's, but i haven't a clue how placepots, lucky 15 etc work or how you work out how much you stake.

Ideally i'd like to back 4-5 horses, where i'd get something back if each of them get placed, but also has an accumulating effect.

Yours,
    Uneducated of Sidcup
  • Options
    AFKA I rely on my betting addict at work for all that information but he's blown today out to sit indoors and watch it with a beer. So i'm as useless as you. I'm backing...

Lucky 15 (e/w)
    Ornais - 12:30
    My Way De Solzen - 3:30
    Don't Push It - 4:05
    Noir Et Vert - 5:15

I also quite fancy Sherwoods Folly in the 12:30 for an e/w bet. Got a feeling when reading the name! Dunno why!?
  • Options
    After Tuesdays lack of success we try again.

1.40 Mr Strachan (e/w) betfair @ 9.8 win & 3.86 place
    2.55 The Listener betfair win @ 4.6
    3.30 Inglis Drever betfair win@ 2.4
    Kazal (e/w) betfair place @ 4.8

Good luck all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I'm sticking with my man Alan King again today.

I need some help which i'd be grateful if people could explain. Not too up on this betting lark, i know how to put on win, double, treble, e/w's, but i haven't a clue how placepots, lucky 15 etc work or how you work out how much you stake.

Ideally i'd like to back 4-5 horses, where i'd get something back if each of them get placed, but also has an accumulating effect.

Yours,
    Uneducated of Sidcup

if you want to back 4 nags then do a yankee which is 11 bets ( 6 doubles , 4 trebles and a 4-fold ) so £1 win yankee will cost you £11 and a £1 e/w yankee will cost you £22

A lucky 15 is similar to a yankee but will pay out singles as well so its 15 bets

For 5 nags you want a super yankee or canadian . Basically 10 doubles , 10 trebles , 5 fourfolds and 1 five fold meaning 26 bets , therefore £1 win will cost you £26 and £1 e/w will cost you £52

Good luck
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I'm sticking with my man Alan King again today.

Yours,
    Uneducated of Sidcup

A Lucky 15 is an multi bet made up of 4 selections. You have four single bets, 6 doubles, 4 trbels and a four fold - accumulator. Your stake, eg £1 is multiplied 15 times. To get places you do it E/W but then it's 30 bets so to £1 it would cost you £30.
    I do one every Saturday to £1, win only. If you only get one winner the bookies double your odds. If they all come in you will get a very tidy sum even to a £1, not 8/11 favs though!
    Remember you only get 4th place in a Handicap race with 16+ runners.
  • Options
    My 3 mates who are into horses big time are all on Old Benny in the first race today.

I am NO expert but I love it and theses are my main selections for today.

1) Back On Line
    2) Pomme Tiepy
    3) The Hairy Lemmon
    4) Tamarin Bleau
    5) The Listener
    6) My Way De Solzan
    7) Mighty Matters
    8) Miko De Beauchene
    9) Ma Yahab
    10) Apt Approach

These are NOT tips, just what I'm doing.
  • Options
    Toady i am on

12.30 Ornais
    13.05 Airforce one (tip from the trackside)
    13.05 Joe Livley thats for you NSS as well for obvious reasons
    13.40 Boomshakala
    14.20 Tamarinbleu
    14.55 The listener
    1530 The market man
    16.05 Lucifer Bleu
    16.40 Beuna vista (for all you fishermen out there)
    17.15 Beat the boys
    17.50 Lily White dancer (tip from the trackside)
  • Options
    cheers chaps
  • Options
    nth, I have Air Force One, Tamarinbleu and The Market Man (place) today, fair few quid coming my way if they do well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    today i will mostly be throwing my money (away) on.....
    lilywhite dancer in th 5.50.
  • Options
    Old Benny won first.
  • Options
    going with nla tip,just put a score on air force one
  • Options
    had old benny just checked it,went by what your mates said,not fancied anything myself yet,happy days
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Old Benny won first.

oh god sake, i was out when you wrote this tip!!! gutted now.
  • Options
    dave did you back old benny?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Old Benny won first.

Owned by Trevor Hemmings... presumably the same Trevor Hemmings who's a shareholder of CAFC?
  • Options
    covered myself with joe lively.
  • Options
    I race to the bookies to do Old Benny, another Alan King one. Got there at 12.31, race had just started so couldn't get the slip out in time. The had to stand there and watch it romp home at 9/1.

Have a strong feeling this is going to set the tone of my day :-(
  • Options
    getting my cabbie mate to do mine,had the first thanks to looking on here,i hate things like that,always try and put it on in future mate,they accept quite a bit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got 10/1 on Old Benny... nice one DJ DD!
  • Options
    ahh well,airforce had a go at least.
  • Options
    Cheers NLA :-(
  • Options
    Joe lively cracked that fence and fecked it NSS just swore at me blooming cheek.

Airforce 1 was well placed at one stage and died off and then tried to come bak
    Hemmings 2nd winner Ap winning early as well.
  • Options
    how many times ,its a lottery no man has inside information,ran well nla just got one paced.
  • Options
    I have made a pledge this week as I'm so busy at work give cheltenham a swerve.I get a text from NLA telling me Joe Lively was running I didn't even no,as I backed it Boxing day when it won,i stupidly put a bet on.I blame NLA no more feckin texts please.
  • Options
    1:40 | 9 Finger Onthe Pulse (B J Geraghty, 9-1 ); 3 Barbers Shop (M A Fitzgerald, 12-1 ); 17 Possol (M Bradburne, 25-1 ); 10 Fleet Street (A Tinkler, 66-1 ); 20 ran.

Distances: Neck; 1½ lengths;
    Winning trainer: T J Taaffe.
    Tote: £11.30; £2.70; £3.60; £7.00; £17.30; Exacta: £125.20; CSF: £98.95; Tricast: £2,618.77;
  • Options
    im giving up. loser today me.
  • Options
    Have i told you about Lily White Dancer steve let me just get my phone now where his number
  • Options
    It's weird - I consider my self a gambling man but i refuse to bet on anything i have no interest in or have a clue about like horse racing.

Good luck to you all though - i'll have my one and only horse racing £20 spread at The Grand National.