Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THREAD FOR DISCUSSING AWAY FOLLOWINGS (of all clubs)

Comments

• Options
    To be fair Barnsley away isn't a very attractive away fixture, dull team and town and we played them last season

Indeed our opening away games do lack excitement, Blackburn, Barnsley, Reading, Wigan aren't exactly the games were were looking forward to. In October we have Fulham, Bristol City and WBA, all far more attractive games
  • Options
    To be fair Barnsley away isn't a very attractive away fixture, dull team and town and we played them last season

Indeed our opening away games do lack excitement, Blackburn, Barnsley, Reading, Wigan aren't exactly the games were were looking forward to. In October we have Fulham, Bristol City and WBA, all far more attractive games
    But also far more difficult
  • Options

and we'll be on a bad run , 3 away games in a month , school holidays , the wind blowing in the wrong direction etc etc
  • Options
    Do we know why Forest were only given 1514 tickets for Wednesday night? (All sold out)
  • Options

Charlton Athletic – Sky Bet Championship – Wednesday 21st August (7.45pm kick-off)

Tickets are currently on general sale, although availability is extremely limited.

Official coach travel is available for this fixture directly via the ticket office.

All tickets purchased before 3pm on Monday 19th August have now been fulfilled and posted and any tickets purchased after this point must be collected from the main ticket office at The City Ground.

The club are awaiting confirmation from Charlton Athletic that there will be tickets available to sell on matchday and supporters are reminded to keep an eye on nottinghamforest.co.uk for further details.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2019/august/ticket-office-weekly-bulletin---19th-august/

• Options

But then if our away attendances were influenced by how well we were likely to do, we'd only bring 6 people to the Den...
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Cos , as a fanbase overall , we just don’t have a real passion for it like other clubs do.
    i just don’t think we’re mad for it as much as other clubs .

of course we have a hardcore like most clubs do but other clubs have more up for it fans than we do .

what I’m trying to say is even though our numbers have improved , they’re still guff compared to other clubs 
    Depends who you're comparing us to though?

I wouldn't ever compare us to clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Sheff Weds etc, clubs from one or two club cities, where i guess everyone (or half with Villa/Wednesday) support the same team.

Millwall and QPR are probably a fair comparison though.

Amongst my group of mates although Charlton and Millwall are the best supported there's also Spurs, Arsenal, Man U, West ham, even Everton. If we all supported the same club or 1 of 2 then getting people together for an away day would be easier.

I guess plenty of kids in our area grow up supporting Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. A kid in Leeds or Newcastle quite likely grows up born and bred Leeds/Newcastle United.
    But how’s can you compare yourselves to us? You’re such a bigger club than Millwall. We’re Smallwall, you’re Charlton Athletic. You should be taking double the amount of away fans we do. 
  • Options
    We have twice as much going on in our lives so that levels it out 
    We have half our fan base in prison so that’s unlevelled that back out 
    Yes, Peado,s and burglars ..... ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have twice as much going on in our lives so that levels it out 
    We have half our fan base in prison so that’s unlevelled that back out 
    Yes, Peado,s and burglars ..... ! 

• Options

Attractive fixtures killer?
    Lets face it 80 % of us arrive plot up in a pub till 2.30 and then go to the ground.
    I did try and get though a fellow poster on here to do the Oxford sightseeing tour when our fixture kicked off earlier last season but the answer was a flat no.
    Fair enough if your going down to somewhere like bristol for a few nights and are going to go into somewhere like Bath.
  • Options
    788 Charlton @ Barnsley 
    2,177 Wednesday @ scum 
    2,584 Boro @ Blackburn
    1,600 QPR @ Bristol City 
    2,909 Derby @ Stoke 

1,467 Bristol Rovers @ Coventry (St Andrews)
    4,014 Ipswich @ Peterborough 
    2,014 Bolton @ Tranmere 
    874 Pompey @ Sunderland (12.30 Live on the box I presume) 

1,400 Port Vale @ Salford 
    1,063 Swindon @ Exeter
    1,045 Oldham @ Bradford 
    86 Crawley @ Scunthorpe 
    1,039 Plymouth @ Newport County
    1,500 Walsall @ Crewe 

955 Hull @ Brentford
    400 Preston @ Swansea
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Lets face it 80 % of us arrive plot up in a pub till 2.30 and then go to the ground.
    I did try and get though a fellow poster on here to do the Oxford sightseeing tour when our fixture kicked off earlier last season but the answer was a flat no.
    Fair enough if your going down to somewhere like bristol for a few nights and are going to go into somewhere like Bath.
    @roseandcrown fancied the tour, but not with you.
  • Options
    788 Charlton @ Barnsley 
    2,177 Wednesday @ scum 
    2,584 Boro @ Blackburn
    1,600 QPR @ Bristol City 
    2,909 Derby @ Stoke 

2,014 Bolton @ Tranmere 

1,063 Swindon @ Exeter
    1,045 Oldham @ Bradford 
    86 Crawley @ Scunthorpe 
    1,500 Walsall @ Crewe 

955 Hull @ Brentford
    400 Preston @ Swansea
    You sure its 400 Preston.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Blackburn, Barnsley and Wigan are all teams we've played in L1. Reading is a dull ground with nothing around it. No real rivalry with any of them, no great spice or aggro.

Their probably amongst the dullest away fixtures we'll play this season!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Blackburn, Barnsley and Wigan are all teams we've played in L1. Reading is a dull ground with nothing around it. No real rivalry with any of them, no great spice or aggro.

Wigan is a fantastic place for a beer.  Cracking boozers and all Wetherspoons cheap.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Killer i go to watch us.
    If im up there for the day it doesnt matter how nice the city / town is, im finding one or two pubs and then the game.
    It was on the trip at Accrington last season going fron yorkshire to Lancashire that i decided i was going to do a few weekends when going away.
    Shrewsbury went to chester on the sunday.
    Barnsley went to the peak district for a couple of nights and chesterfield after the game.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    788 Charlton @ Barnsley 
    2,177 Wednesday @ scum 
    2,584 Boro @ Blackburn
    1,600 QPR @ Bristol City 
    2,909 Derby @ Stoke 

2,014 Bolton @ Tranmere 

1,063 Swindon @ Exeter
    1,045 Oldham @ Bradford 
    86 Crawley @ Scunthorpe 
    1,500 Walsall @ Crewe 

955 Hull @ Brentford
    400 Preston @ Swansea
    ‘Over 400’ Preston described it as, which I interpret as less than 450
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    788 Charlton @ Barnsley 
    2,177 Wednesday @ scum 
    2,584 Boro @ Blackburn
    1,600 QPR @ Bristol City 
    2,909 Derby @ Stoke 

2,014 Bolton @ Tranmere 

1,063 Swindon @ Exeter
    1,045 Oldham @ Bradford 
    86 Crawley @ Scunthorpe 
    1,500 Walsall @ Crewe 

955 Hull @ Brentford
    400 Preston @ Swansea
    ‘Over 400’ Preston described it as, which I interpret as less than 450
    Blimey they had 1200 at Millwall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expect not many Preston fans live in The Mumbles.
  • Options
    412 Preston @ Swansea
    5,328 Leeds @ Wigan 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Killer i go to watch us.
    If im up there for the day it doesnt matter how nice the city / town is, im finding one or two pubs and then the game.
    It was on the trip at Accrington last season going fron yorkshire to Lancashire that i decided i was going to do a few weekends when going away.
    Barnsley went to the peak district for a couple of nights and chesterfield after the game.
    The opposition does make a difference though. If we had played Leeds on Saturday instead of Barnsley, we would have sold far more tickets for example
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I expect not many Preston fans live in The Mumbles.
    I thought Swansea was in Wales......
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Killer i go to watch us.
    So you don't find some fixtures more attractive than others ?
    You find Accrington away as attractive as Man U away ?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Killer i go to watch us.
    Yes mate i do.
    As i said in an earlier post i go to watch us, who we play is of no relevance to me.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Killer i go to watch us.
    Yes mate i do.
    As i said in an earlier post i go to watch us, who we play is of no relevance to me.

I take your point, but surely Man City is more appealing than Bristol City.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Killer i go to watch us.
    Yes mate i do.

I take your point, but surely Man City is more appealing than Bristol City.
    Depends on your own personal experience I suppose. If say we’d spent a good few years in the prem (take this hypothetically lol) like you lot did, and I’d been to Man U a good few times, and we drew Accrington away in the league, and it was a toss up between the two, I’d much rather go to Accrington. 
  • Options
    Accrington over Man Utd for me every time. Much more pleasurable experience.
  • Options
    Thing is I still remember that 0-1 win at Old Trafford in 1986
    The 2-4 win at Highbury 2001
    and less so the meaningless fixtures at nobody fc

but obviously we have to take the 50 thrashings that lead to that beautiful day 

of course the best piss ups are in the quieter smaller grounds, towns etc but they all blur in to one over time