Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THREAD FOR DISCUSSING AWAY FOLLOWINGS (of all clubs)

Comments

• Options
    How many Charlton fans were at Shrewsbury on Saturday, felt like 5000?
  • Options

Yes, I’m not convinced we’d ever sell Sunderland out at this stage of a season without an ‘operation’.

And we are, I believe, a bigger club than Luton.

Fair play to them.

770 charlton fans went to Sunderland for a 12.30 KO that was live on Sky at a time when we couldn’t even put out a full bench, we didn’t know how good taylor is and that Grant was going to do his bit for getting goals and we were not challenging for an automatic spot in the back of a long winning run. I think we’d easily sell out 3k st this time of the season if we were 2nd in the league and just had a winning run like they’d just had
    3,000 Charlton to Sunderland? I think not.

We could not even take 1,000 to Carlisle for the title winning game in 2012.
    I thought we got just over 1k? It was a promotion game if results went our way game not a title winning one. Still dog shit support but what a day for those of us who were there!

Yes, I’m not convinced we’d ever sell Sunderland out at this stage of a season without an ‘operation’.

Fair play to them.

770 charlton fans went to Sunderland for a 12.30 KO that was live on Sky at a time when we couldn’t even put out a full bench, we didn’t know how good taylor is and that Grant was going to do his bit for getting goals and we were not challenging for an automatic spot in the back of a long winning run. I think we’d easily sell out 3k st this time of the season if we were 2nd in the league and just had a winning run like they’d just had
    How many would we bring to Shrewsbury for a trip 100 miles shorter than a trip to Sunderland if we were in the play offs pushing for promotion , would you expect it to be more or less than what Doncaster would bring to Wycombe for a similar distanced fixture if they were say doing not as well as Charlton outside the playoffs
    Unless the White Horse is a big attraction to Donny fans, taking less than them is utterly tin pot.
  • Options

Fair play to them.

Wasn't a title winning game.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Fair play to them.

Promotion winning match is more important than title winning i'd say .

We took 1,100 to Blackburn when we secured the title for the second tier
  • Options
    Ok. Luton mainline to Sheffield 3 hours max. Most Luton fans would live local to that station or be able to drive to it quite easily. Most Charlton fans leaving South London or North Kent would take 3 hours to get to Luton. Would we take 3,000 to Luton ?? I believe we would.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Fair play to them.

I stand corrected, it was the game that confirmed our promotion then, but nevertheless.

Cash on the day as well I seem to remember.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Fair play to them.

Promotion winning match is more important than title winning i'd say .

We took 1,100 to Blackburn when we secured the title for the second tier
    Are you reading this Mr Good Times?
  • Options
    Banbury had about 40 at Stourbridge on Saturday.
  • Options
    Barnsley took 3k for the third week on a bounce. Obviously they're doing well in the league...
  • Options

Fair play to them.

Our games just gone against Barnsley and Shrewsbury were 3pm kick offs only took about 600 to each of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2,531 Rip roaring Addicks @ Peterborough

1,293 Plymouth @ Wycombe
    2,037 Luton @ Southend
    334 Rochdale @ Barnsley
  • Options

2,531 Rip roaring Addicks @ Peterborough

1,293 Plymouth @ Wycombe
    2,037 Luton @ Southend
    334 Rochdale @ Barnsley

Aside with Leeds, Wednesday and Portsmouth, Plymouth have one of the best followings in the entire league.
  • Options
    Nearly 6k Wendies at Chelsea on a Sunday with a 6pm kick off, roughly a 340 mile round trip.

Not bad I suppose.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Nearly 6k Wendies at Chelsea on a Sunday with a 6pm kick off, roughly a 340 mile round trip.

Not bad I suppose.

They’ll probably talk about it for the next year or so.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Not bad I suppose.

Nothing exceptional.

All day to get there and back indoors by 1am
  • Options

Macronate said:

Not bad I suppose.

They’ll probably talk about it for the next year or so.
    Rubbish, it will be forgotten by the end of the week once the barriers come down following tomorrow nights open top bus parade.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Not bad I suppose.

As an aside I wonder whether or not Katrien has had her photo taken with 'Tango?'

She liked a photo with @Henry Irving when she was here
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    1,944 Barnsley @ Pompey 
    867 Bradford City @ Walsall 
    1,408 Sunderland @ Bristol Rovers
  • Options
    1,944 Barnsley @ Pompey 
    867 Bradford City @ Walsall 
    1,408 Sunderland @ Bristol Rovers
    Cracking turnout by the miners.
  • Options
    400 Portsmouth at Bury tonight fair play to them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1,101 Charlton at Doncaster 
    1,726 Plymouth at Sunderland 
  • Options
    To be fair that's not a bad turnout for us. Plymouth have superb away support all things considered 
  • Options
    To be fair that's not a bad turnout for us. Plymouth have superb away support all things considered 
    Plymouth and Portsmouth have one of the best away followings in the country.
  • Options
    I’d argue ours is almost as good factoring in that we’ve been rubbing shoulders with the likes of donny for years.  And Sunderland being the glamour tie this season for most and Plymouth haven’t been there for 13 years.
  • Options
    I’d argue ours is almost as good factoring in that we’ve been rubbing shoulders with the likes of donny for years.  And Sunderland being the glamour tie this season for most and Plymouth haven’t been there for 13 years.
    You are joking br7.

• Options
    But look at Plymouth home gates, 8-9,000 that and their league position is why its so impressive. Having said that I thought it was a great turnout at Donny for us yesterday. I think there was about 700 last season?
  • Options
    BR7_addick said:p
    Portsmouth took 400 to Bury during the week.  

Our support has been known to be poor for years.
  • Options
    London to Doncaster by train 1 hr 36
    Plymouth to Sunderland by train 7 hr 36
  • Options
    Like I said, almost as good.

The distance for your one glamour tie of the season, which Sunderland clearly is to them, only holds so much relevance.

What we took the Doncaster yesterday was very good. 

I wouldn’t call Sunderland a glamour tie for us,  but maybe Newcastle I probably would now, I reckon we’d take more than that to st James park in March when we haven’t played em for well over a decade.
  • Options
    Like I said, almost as good.

The distance for your one glamour tie of the season, which Sunderland clearly is to them, only holds so much relevance.

What we took the Doncaster yesterday was very good. 

I wouldn’t call Sunderland a glamour tie for us,  but maybe Newcastle I probably would now, I reckon we’d take more than that to st James park in March when we haven’t played em for well over a decade.
    We did not take 1,000 to Carlisle for the promotion game.