Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THREAD FOR DISCUSSING AWAY FOLLOWINGS (of all clubs)

Comments

• Options
    Like I said, almost as good.

The distance for your one glamour tie of the season, which Sunderland clearly is to them, only holds so much relevance.

What we took the Doncaster yesterday was very good. 

I wouldn’t call Sunderland a glamour tie for us,  but maybe Newcastle I probably would now, I reckon we’d take more than that to st James park in March when we haven’t played em for well over a decade.
    We did not take 1,000 to Carlisle for the promotion game.
    Well just answer me this hypothetical, how much do we take to Newcastle next season in March after we’ve gone up and they come down?  I’ll go 2,500.  If you look on away threads my track record for this is pretty good.
  • Options

The distance for your one glamour tie of the season, which Sunderland clearly is to them, only holds so much relevance.

I wouldn’t call Sunderland a glamour tie for us,  but maybe Newcastle I probably would now, I reckon we’d take more than that to st James park in March when we haven’t played em for well over a decade.
    Well just answer me this hypothetical, how much do we take to Newcastle next season in March after we’ve gone up and they come down?  I’ll go 2,500.  If you look on away threads my track record for this is pretty good.
    You say hypothetical, I say fact.

Blackburn also for the game sending us up, we had 1,200 maximum.
  • Options
    For the record, not downplaying argyles following there, excellent, more just pressing the point that ours was very good.
  • Options
    Hull away 6-0, we took 375.

Cracking support that we have.
  • Options

Blackburn was nearly two decades ago 😂 
    answer the hypothetical.
  • Options
    Hull away 6-0, we took 375.

Cracking support that we have.
    That random game when we were abysmal all season and staring at relegation has trumped me there....
  • Options

answer the hypothetical.
    Still valid.

I notice you have gone quiet on Carlisle.
  • Options
    The first visit to Accrington, and on a Saturday did not see 800 from London.

Ditto Fleetwood.
  • Options

answer the hypothetical.
    Still valid.

Nothing’s changed in 20 years then I guess.

ill answer Carlisle when you answer my hypothetical, which I notice you’ve gone quiet on.
  • Options

answer the hypothetical.
    Still valid.

ill answer Carlisle when you answer my hypothetical, which I notice you’ve gone quiet on.
    1,500 max and that's with free transport thrown in.

I have you on the ropes, my chum oohaah is sniffing around and he'll floor you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can put lol on all the comments you want mate, fact is you’re missing the point, Sunderland to Plymouth - massive glamour tie.  Accrington, Carlisle, Hull to us - meh.

hence why for the 4th time...

how many do you think we’d take to Newcastle this time next season?
  • Options
    You can put lol on all the comments you want mate, fact is you’re missing the point, Sunderland to Plymouth - massive glamour tie.  Accrington, Carlisle, Hull to us - meh.

hence why for the 4th time...

how many do you think we’d take to Newcastle this time next season?
    Just have, keep up.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

answer the hypothetical.
    Still valid.

Alleluia!  

Well i disagree massively so that’s where we are, I think we’d have another 1k (die hards, regulars, weekend piss heads, youngsters who’ve never seen a ground that big, those who remember the glory days out the woodwork).  And there’s no need to get the away guru on me this hasn’t got that ugly yet.  My subtle point stands (we’ve got a little off topic) yesterday’s support from us was very good, all things considered.
  • Options

answer the hypothetical.
    Br7 how many did we take to Barnsley, Shrewsbury bradford Rochdale this season 
  • Options

answer the hypothetical.
    Still valid.

Alleluia!  

Well i disagree massively so that’s where we are, I think we’d have another 1k.  And there’s no need to get the away guru on me this hasn’t got that ugly yet.  My subtle point stands (we’ve got a little off topic) yesterday’s support from us was very good, all things considered.
    Answer Carlisle please darling.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

answer the hypothetical.
    Br7 how many did we take to Barnsley, Shrewsbury bradford Rochdale this season 
    Yeeeesssss, the knockout blow.
  • Options
    QPR away midweek 2008, we had 750!!!!

I suppose a lot of people were having to do overtime.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    For the 286th time for the point missers;

Sunderland to Plymouth - massive glamour tie.  
    All the tin pot clubs as examples you’ve said to us - meh.

• Options
    For the 286th time for the point missers;

Sunderland to Plymouth - massive glamour tie.  
    All the tin pot clubs as examples you’ve said to us - meh.
    Promotion year, 1,400 to Wednesday and the following week the blades bring 2,500.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    London to Doncaster by train 1 hr 36
    Plymouth to Sunderland by train 7 hr 36

It’s only a 6 hours drive from Plymouth to the stadium of light

most charlton fans do not live next door to kings cross so you can probably double the hour and a half train journey you are quoting. Then you have to take into account it is obligatory for charlton fans to be in the pub 3 hours before kick off which basically 6 hours in total. Take into account that anybody travelling from London isn’t getting subsidised travel then the moral victory when it comes to away support yesterday surely goes to those charlton fans at Dinny and not Plymouth fans at Sunderland 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And the Carlisle answer is......
  • Options

On our worst season ever, surely our support was massive that season...
  • Options
    You’re losing the plot here.

me:  our support at donny yesterday was very good.

you: yeah but ten years ago we took fuck all to Sheffield

lol
  • Options

lol
    I have not disagreed with you about Doncaster.

A lot of Swedes boosted the following though.

Carlisle....
  • Options

lol
    Hold on br7 you said our away support was almost as good as Plymouths.
    They took 1700 up to Walsall 1st game season
    544 up to bradford a few weeks ago
  • Options

lol

Carlisle....
    If you haven’t disagreed with me about it then why are we having this daft conversation?  
  • Options
    clb74 said:

lol
    You missed out “yesterday”.
  • Options

lol

Carlisle....
    If you haven’t disagreed with me about it then why are we having this daft conversation?  
    Because I'm on a coach back from Sheffield and I'm bored.
  • Options

lol

Carlisle....
    Because I'm on a coach back from Sheffield and I'm bored.
    How many were on the same charter in March 08/09 though??
  • Options
    clb74 said:

lol
    You missed out “yesterday”.
    I have but you've still not got back to me on the 4 games I mentioned 
    Bradford Barnsley Rochdale and Shrewsbury