Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Absolute gash tonight

124»

Comments

• Options
    not worried about what they do,i worry about are failings,im concerned how many teams have games in hand on us.
  • Options
    Imissthepeanutman, look at it from another angle, lower league teams maybe didn't fair so well over Championship teams in the cup this season but If you throw in Swansea, Doncaster and Carlisle form League 1 and MK Dons and Peterborough from league 2 into the Championship, they would all hold their own.

Bristol City League 1 runners up this year, maybe Premiership next ?! Blackpool play off champions last year comfortable this, only Scunthorpe have struggled but that had much to do with their top scorer leaving Billy Sharp.
  • Options
    You may be right. I havent seen any of them play.

I just have an immense dislike for Charlton fans referring to this league as Crap.

As I have said before it smacks of arrogance and dismissiveness.

And of the kind sometimes displayed by Pardew. If I was the opposition it would fire me up big time.

Pretty sure whichever 3 teams do go up will be coming down again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Its also the league with 2 teams that Curbs highlighted as the clubs he wanted Charlton to emulate

Southampton and Leicester

That's harping back to the past when we're meant to be looking forward. Two years ago it seemed laughable that we once wanted to emulate QPR and Norwich. Next season that could well be the truth again (at least in QPR's case), sadly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Its also the league with 2 teams that Curbs highlighted as the clubs he wanted Charlton to emulate

Southampton and Leicester

That's harping back to the past when we're meant to be looking forward. Two years ago it seemed laughable that we once wanted to emulate QPR and Norwich. Next season that could well be the truth again (at least in QPR's case), sadly.

Its not really Weegie. It was meant to show how things can change in quite a short timescale and how they are now.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Short sightedness once again Ledge, picking what bones out you can, the three championship teams left in the Fa cup are involved in a knockout competition based on winning 4 matches not 46 as in the championship and Barnsley apart the other two have not played anybody of note.

Stu of SE7 I was employed in all aspects of football for 14 years so your right I know sweet FA!!

As for drivel you are the first to disagree about my comments on this thread I see

You can only play what is put in front of you. So if we had got to the semi west brom's route you'd be dismissing our run would you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]You may be right. I havent seen any of them play.

I just have an immense dislike for Charlton fans referring to this league as Crap.

As I have said before it smacks of arrogance and dismissiveness.

And of the kind sometimes displayed by Pardew. If I was the opposition it would fire me up big time.

Pretty sure whichever 3 teams do go up will be coming down again.

Agree, those that say we "shouldn't" lose to Burnley, Preston etc, Why the hell not? its our expectations that are to blame not the league, or the football we're playing, or the teams we're playing against....

if we had the team of a few years ago, then yes, we should be beating these teams, but no reason why we should now. our wage bill may be higher but that doesn't meant they should be better....it would be nice obviously, but it shouldn't be expected.
  • Options
    we all have differing expectations but with the money that has been spent i would have expected much better
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we all have differing expectations but with the money that has been spent i would have expected much better
    Can't blame the players for that though - maybe Pards but not the players.
  • Options
    i think he's signed some very good players as well as some chuff ..... but he hasn't got the best out of them, let's hope the best is yet to come!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pards seems to have a problem when he spends big.

He picked up some cracking cheap deals at West Ham.

Arguably his best signings this season have been freebies - Weaver, Semedo, Iwelumo (and Todorov who in my opinion has cost us this season).

If he sold the first 3 now he would make a tidy profit.

Yet he has spent £7m on 3 strikers who by and large have been pretty bloody gash, Varney has had his moments but I want more for my £2.5m than a Garry Nelson type runner.

He has spent, £12m+ since he took over which for little old Charlton is a lot of money, more than enough to get us out of this division, and it aint gonna happen.

Hate moaning but cant help thinking what might have been if we had found the right man in 06 to take us forward and not to where we are now, £25-£30m lighter on transfer fees alone.
  • Options
    Whilst I agree entirely with your concerns, Southend, don't forget we have had £12M in for Darren Bent, £2M was it for Luke Young and £4M for Andy Reid, so Pard's net spending is negative. (Weegie sticks up for Pardew shock horror!!)
  • Options
    don't forget Diawara, that's who really cost us this season...
  • Options
    Was never going to happen, but imagine if we could have kept Darren bent for this season?