Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How the Forum works.........How to Quote, do Links, and Whisper Properly

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: powerchord[/cite]Testing linking thinking

Waggy is no OutKast

test
  • Options
    What about my Icon picture?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Please try to make the effort to do the below - it's so frustrating going into at least 25 posts a day changing them to tidy the forum up. Many thanks.

Once you have pressed 'quote' on someone else's post, the text will then be transferred to the main comments box.

In simple terms, to get it shown in the yellow quote box, all you have to do is make sure that in the row beneath the main comments box,

'Format comments as',

you click in the option for BBCode before you press 'Add your comments'. From then on, BBCode will remain selected unless you manually change it. That's generally all there is to it. There is no real gain in having the text, or Html options selected.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    So here is a TEST for quoting - here's hoping !

Waggy is no OutKast
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: powerchord[/cite]So here is a TEST for quoting - here's hoping !

Waggy is no OutKast

Test
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2010
    Edit: sorted
  • Options
    As a prime suspect in not using the quote facility, I can confirm it works exactly the way it's described in the first comment on this thread. Just did my first one on another thread and it's all very exciting (these things are relative). Might even have to try a link soon...
  • Options
    As a prime suspect in not using the quote facility, I can confirm it works exactly the way it's described in the first comment on this thread. Just did my first one on another thread and it's all very exciting (these things are relative). Might even have to try a link soon...
  • Options
  • Options
    sorry was practising- didn't mean to send that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For goodness sake - I've been trying to prompt a response with my witty views and deeply considered comments for 4 years to no avail, and now I get quoted three times in a minute for learning how to quote (smiley icon) (I haven't mastered those yet)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]For goodness sake - I've been trying to prompt a response with my witty views and deeply considered comments for 4 years to no avail, and now I get quoted three times in a minute for learning how to quote (smiley icon) (I haven't mastered those yet)

Clearly not witty enough but dont give up ;-) (smiley icon)
  • Options
    On a related note, just because you can quote, doesn't mean you need to! Similar to WSS, I probably edit 25 comments a day in which one person has quoted the previous and it's a big mess. It is tedious to read a comment and then, immediately following, read the same thing twice before the response.

I know, the way it's setup is partly to blame, but please try to develop the sense of when and when it's not necessary to quote. This is common to all forums. Quoting is useful but also messy. For instance, if you are replying to something specific and it's way up the page, then quote. If you are adding something to a discussion that is in full swing, you probably won't need to actually quote because the meaning you are truing to convey is already clear. If you just want to signal to someone, try using @WSS (for instance). The revisions we have coming up address these issues as best possible.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]On a related note, just because you can quote, doesn't mean you need to!
    Must see if it works.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    A few technical questions:

I have never managed to get a link to work
    Nor a picture
    Most of what I post appears twice
    Can we get HD on the Countdown bird
    Why can't I get a picture uploaded on my account
    Do I get a badge after a certain period

Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite].

i can quote?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite]

i can quote?
    you can indeed but can i?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite]

i can quote?

testing.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]A few technical questions:

I have never managed to get a link to work
    Nor a picture
    Most of what I post appears twice
    Can we get HD on the Countdown bird
    Why can't I get a picture uploaded on my account
    Do I get a badge after a certain period

Thanks
    test
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]On a related note, just because you can quote, doesn't mean you need to! Similar to WSS, I probably edit 25 comments a day in which one person has quoted the previous and it's a big mess. It is tedious to read a comment and then, immediately following, read the same thing twice before the response.

I know, the way it's setup is partly to blame, but please try to develop the sense of when and when it's not necessary to quote. This is common to all forums. Quoting is useful but also messy. For instance, if you are replying to something specific and it's way up the page, then quote. If you are adding something to a discussion that is in full swing, you probably won't need to actually quote because the meaning you are truing to convey is already clear. If you just want to signal to someone, try using @WSS (for instance). The revisions we have coming up address these issues as best possible.
    Makes sense...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Edit: sorted

Think ive got it sorted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite][div class=CommentHeader][ul][li]cafc_se7[/li][li][span]CommentTime[/span]11 minutes ago[/li][/ul][span]quote# 111[/span][/div][div class=CommentBody id=CommentBody_864926]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Edit: sorted

Think ive got it sorted[/div]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]del-boy-o.gif

Keep it cool Adam............