Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Perfect Fry Up

Comments

• Options
    i pint with a morning fry up is the best. on sunday gone i went round me lil bro's and his mrs cooked us all up a super fry up, i accompanied mine with a cold bottle beer, great made the moto gp we were watching even better, moto gp is top top stuff
  • Options
    I see I was first to this idea, The Sun have launched the same quest this very morning, CharltonLife ahead of the times!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]What a tosser

Who's for an olympic breakfast ?

It's totally possible to cook a proper cooked breakfast without it being smothered in grease, I do all the time.

"They ate 3,000 calories in the morning, then they burnt 3,000 calories by lunchtime. Or died when the mine collapsed."

LOL

Thers is actually a bit more to this than meets the eye. Back in the day of the miners, the ruling classes wanted us plebs to have that 3000 cals to make them more money. Now, as Coren points out, we are slaves to their desks instead, and they don't want us to be ill because of overeating (or drinking, or smoking) because it means we are not making them even more money. So they get their little lapdogs in the press to start banging this sort of stuff about, and some of it sticks.

Now where's that lard...
  • Options
    Egg, Bacon, Sausage, Mushrooms, Beans and Hash Browns just polished off. Great start to the day!
  • Options
    2 sausages
    2 bacon- crispy
    scrambled egg
    chips
    2 toast
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    2 Sausage
    2 Fried Egg
    2 Hash Browns
    2 Bacon
    2 Toast
    Beans
    Tinned Toms

Cuppa rosey

NB: Eating black pudding does not make you hard, cool, old school, gangster, cockney etc......it makes you a wrong'en ;-)
  • Options
    Kidney is essential
  • Options
    Coffee, a croissant with cheese and ham, some brioche followed by a yogurt.

Maybe some orange juice too
  • Options
    93892595.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1273839416&Signature=3vBYTMJ1HvEYOS8K1oNwfwOSk6Q%3D
  • Options
    That's almost perfect BDL but you really do need black pudding (white pudding's pretty fantastic too).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your place mats could do with a wash Dave.....
  • Options
    2 Sausage
    3 Bacon
    Soft fried egg
    3 Hash Browns
    Fried Slice
    Chips
    A cuppa tea and the sun
  • Options
    2 bacon
    2 sausages
    1 fried egg
    black pud, white pud,
    bubble
    Doorstep bread with proper butt
    Strong tea
    and I'll raise you a slice of haggis.

Oh yes, you heard right.
  • Options
    I shall be petitioning my brand new Conservative/Liberal Democrat Government for the banning of hash brown from any breakfast plate in the UK. I am not adverse to the odd hash brown outside of ones petite dejeuner but to me this is a serious breakfasting issue and along with other nefarious imports from the US of A, it is diluting our culture.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]I shall be petitioning my brand new Conservative/Liberal Democrat Government for the banning of hash brown from any breakfast plate in the UK. I am not adverse to the odd hash brown outside of ones petite dejeuner but to me this is a serious breakfasting issue and along with other nefarious imports from the US of A, it is diluting our culture.

I would be willing to oppose such a petition. Hash Browns were originally from Switzerland, Swiss Roesti, and are an intergral part of a good English Fried Breakfast. If such a ban is implemented, will Danish Bacon surcome to the same fate?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]I shall be petitioning my brand new Conservative/Liberal Democrat Government for the banning of hash brown from any breakfast plate in the UK. I am not adverse to the odd hash brown outside of ones petite dejeuner but to me this is a serious breakfasting issue and along with other nefarious imports from the US of A, it is diluting our culture.

I would be willing to oppose such a petition. Hash Browns were originally from Switzerland, Swiss Roesti, and are an intergral part of a good English Fried Breakfast. If such a ban is implemented, will Danish Bacon surcome to the same fate?

Danish Bacon is more water than meat, the sooner they ban that crap from our shelves the better, buy british........you know it makes sense.
  • Options
    2 sausages
    2 eggs (fried)
    2 hash browns
    bubble n' squeak
    mushrooms
    beans
    black pudding
    2 slices bread and butter
    cup of tea
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    V Gary, I dont think we will ever see eye to eye on the hash brown issue. However in the spirit of coalition perhaps we can come to some compromise and campaign as part of a multi party solution. Especially if you agree about the Danish Bacon issue raised by ES Mike as I do. We could appear on the same platform and show a united front as we stand up for the English Breakfast, which after all, after the squillions of pounds of national debt and the promotion of Charlton Athletic Football Club, would and should be high on anyones political agenda......
  • Options
    Then United we stand soapy.

COYR.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Your place mats could do with a wash Dave.....

Mrs BDL says watch out!

Mats have to be washed twice a week due to mucky kids!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 fried eggs
    3 rashers of crispy bacon
    2 good quality english sausages
    fresh mushrooms
    1 half tomatoe grilled
    Fried slice
    crusty buttered bread

mug of sweet cha
  • Options
    No eggs, as they are chicken's period, and that's disgusting.
    Bacon.
    Sausage.
    Fried Bread.
    Toast.
    Black Pudding.
    Beans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]No eggs, as they are chicken's period, and that's disgusting.
    Bacon.
    Sausage.
    Fried Bread.
    Toast.
    Black Pudding.
    Beans.

Hmmmm....eggs are disgusting but you include black pudding!
  • Options
    Yep, pig's blood is less disturbing than eating a chicken's period.

I am partial to haggis with a wee drop of whiskey, but that's probably the worst way to start your day!
  • Options
    So i says:

"I'd like bacon that's been crisped to within and inch of it's life so when i put the fork in,it springs back and nearly hits me in the face.
    I'd like beans that are cold on top,red hot in the middle and burnt and black on the bottom.
    Also fried bread,but it musn't be crispy.Must be drenched in fat so it's nice and soggy and oozes fat all over the plate.
    I'd like a fried egg that is so hard and rubbery i could pick it up and bounce it up and down on the floor.

Says wife: Hang on a minute.I havn't got time to do all that.

WELL YOU F****** FOUND TIME YESTERDAY!!!! GGGrrrrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]No eggs, as they are chicken's period, and that's disgusting.
    Bacon.
    Sausage.
    Fried Bread.
    Toast.
    Black Pudding.
    Beans.

Sounds perfect, but you need a mug of tea to go with it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    Bacon.
    Sausage.
    Fried Bread.
    Toast.
    Black Pudding.
    Beans.

Fried bread and toast??? Na for me its.

2 sausage,
    Bacon,
    Fried bread,
    Beans,
    Balck pudding,
    Fried onions is a nice touch too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    Bacon.
    Sausage.
    Fried Bread.
    Toast.
    Black Pudding.
    Beans.

And a cup of tea! You can get the lot at Maggies with all you can drink tea and change for £5.
  • Options
    Well don ForD i forgot the tea must have tea with the breakie.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ok

3 sausages
    3 rashers bacon
    2 eggs
    large black pud
    2 slices toast
    3 Hash browns
    portion of fried mushrooms
    portion of fried onions
    1 large grilled tomato
    pint of o.j to wash it all down... Have this like 1-2 times every 6 months lol and being my birthday Thurs that's locked on.

EDIT I missed off my beans! Gotta have beans!