Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• clb74 said:
    The wife moaning its cold.
    We dont need the heating on its 10c.
    I had to take the door off the staff room at my wifes business last week to make some adjustments, four girls were sitting in there moaning it was "so cold", one was shivering and was wrapped in a coat. It was sunny, 16c and I was in a short sleeve shirt.
  • clb74 said:
    The wife moaning its cold.
    We dont need the heating on its 10c.
    This. Recently moved in with the GFs parents her mother has the thermostat set at 23.5°. Absolute madness. Shes always moaning shes cold and shutting the windows in our bedroom or where I'm working! 

I'm sat here in shorts in November. Of course I'm gonna have the window open if its over 23° inside.
  • Some people’s genetics have a sensibility to temperature. I learnt this from a programme I saw about this over 20 years ago. Me I like it as cool as possible, windows open etc.
    Those who are always cold aren’t faking it. There’s no point being angry at them. It’s like marmite, they can’t help feeling cold when some people are feeling hot.
  • iainment said:
    Some people’s genetics have a sensibility to temperature. I learnt this from a programme I saw about this over 20 years ago. Me I like it as cool as possible, windows open etc.
    Those who are always cold aren’t faking it. There’s no point being angry at them. It’s like marmite, they can’t help feeling cold when some people are feeling hot, hot, hot.

• Carter said:
    I dumped a girl for opening the window and having the heating on during the night. 

I told her it was because I had another girlfriend, which I didn't, and I took loads of grief for it at the time as she was fairly popular and she told everyone in the social circle we were in that I was a shithouse who strung 2 girls along at the same time.

I still haven't told anyone other than you lot the truth either 
    Sounds like a right pane.
  • Carter said:
    I dumped a girl for opening the window and having the heating on during the night. 

I told her it was because I had another girlfriend, which I didn't, and I took loads of grief for it at the time as she was fairly popular and she told everyone in the social circle we were in that I was a shithouse who strung 2 girls along at the same time.

was it her?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4410920/woman-tinder-date-poo-window-breaks-silence/
  • Carter said:

Why didn't you just say you didn't want to see her again?
  • LED lightbulbs. 

The light is just not the same 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    LED lightbulbs. 

The light is just not the same 
    100%, they are dark and dingy. When my old mum passed away last year I found a box under the stairs containing 12 x 100w light bulbs, bless you mum.
  • Bloody fireworks still going off over a week after bonfire night.
  • Carter said:

Why didn't you just say you didn't want to see her again?
    I done that mate. Finally had enough, so when I got home from work I told Mrs at the time that I couldn't see her anymore.

She said - "I'm over here, behind the sofa"
  • I was always taught Diwali was the festival of light, so f*** knows why they gotta set fireworks off the celebrate it. 
  • When a football analogy is used to describe something, with the aim of the speaker of making the explanation easier for the audience to understand - the annoyance coming from the belief of the speaker that the penny will only drop for the audience with the assistance of this helpful football analogy - ie the audience is being talked down to - and I cant think of a time where the use of the football analogy has been of any assistance at all in understanding something.
    A recent example was the recent announcement of a possible Covid vaccine where the speaker used the football analogy of "we are coming to the end of extra time and approaching a penalty shoot out  "   ( in our fight against Covid) .    In this example it doesnt even work, because no one knows how much stoppage time the ref is going to add on  !

• When a football analogy is used to describe something, with the aim of the speaker of making the explanation easier for the audience to understand - the annoyance coming from the belief of the speaker that the penny will only drop for the audience with the assistance of this helpful football analogy - ie the audience is being talked down to - and I cant think of a time where the use of the football analogy has been of any assistance at all in understanding something.
    A recent example was the recent announcement of a possible Covid vaccine where the speaker used the football analogy of "we are coming to the end of extra time and approaching a penalty shoot out  "   ( in our fight against Covid) .    In this example it doesnt even work, because no one knows how much stoppage time the ref is going to add on  !

Yeah drives me mad when an analogynis poorly used especially in the example you have given 

There are some good football, boxing and cricket analogous stories to be had an used mind you
  • iainment said:
    Some people’s genetics have a sensibility to temperature. I learnt this from a programme I saw about this over 20 years ago. Me I like it as cool as possible, windows open etc.
    Those who are always cold aren’t faking it. There’s no point being angry at them. It’s like marmite, they can’t help feeling cold when some people are feeling hot.
    The opposite in the summer is air con in the office. It’s a beautiful day so you turn up in a short sleeve shirt and jeans only to have some fat bastard turn the air con up to the ‘arctic’ setting......so you sit there freezing.....It’s always the chubbers who do this....!

The virus will disappear if England win the penalty shoot out....keep those masks handy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:
    iainment said:
    The opposite in the summer is air con in the office. It’s a beautiful day so you turn up in a short sleeve shirt and jeans only to have some fat bastard turn the air con up to the ‘arctic’ setting......so you sit there freezing.....It’s always the chubbers who do this....!
    I blame it on my viking ancestory as oposed to my relaxed muscle, but then I've got a blokes job and work outside or in a workshop so no such luxury as air con..

;)
  • American women who talk with that achy voice. Sounds like they are being lightly throttled while they speak. Can't listen to 'em!
  • American women who talk with that achy voice. Sounds like they are being lightly throttled while they speak. Can't listen to 'em!
    It's known as the vocal fry. 

Youtube it. 
  • When your mobile phone network provider denies there's a massive signal deadspot where you live "our analysis says that 2G, 3G and 4G coverage is good indoors and out at that postcode"  Fact is I can't make/receive calls and txts only get through if I cross the street.  "Call our toll free short number to report the issue"  I can't make calls "Your phone is faulty"
    It works fine 200 yards from here "Update the iOS" It's on the latest version updated yesterday "Call our toll free short number to report the issue" I'm emailing you cos I can't make calls THERE'S NO SIGNAL NO 2G NO NOTHING "our analysis says that coverage is good indoors and out at that postcode" I'll have my PAC code please as you can't provide what I've paid for  "Let me see what I can do.... Can you switch on WiFi calling that should fill in any gaps wile we look into your signal concerns" no thanks
  • If its one of the 5G protesters who swung a scaffold pole at one of my mates I dont blame them. 

I'd like to sit them in a room and explain how micro radio wave frequencies work but I very much doubt they would listen or understand it. Its a chance to gang up on and bully people trying to earn a living for rentamob who will be throwing bricks at police horses the next week for their cause 
  • Carter said:
    If its one of the 5G protesters who swung a scaffold pole at one of my mates I dont blame them. 

I'd like to sit them in a room and explain how micro radio wave frequencies work but I very much doubt they would listen or understand it. Its a chance to gang up on and bully people trying to earn a living for rentamob who will be throwing bricks at police horses the next week for their cause 
    Still doesn’t justify that. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!