Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• clive said:
    People who post on football forums, who have no interest in the sport.
    Had a season ticket for many years, so that isn't me
  • iaitch said:
    Here's a hard screw.

Porridge 21 Just Desserts 1975
    Shouldn't  that be followed by the inevitable Kenneth Williams pic ? 
    Prefer the Frankie Howerd one myself -

• Having to wait an age for a bus that always turns up late then as schools are out they turn up early and zoom off as I approach the door. which leads me to kick the side of the thing. Hurting me more than the bus can you believe. 
  • Having to wait an age for a bus that always turns up late then as schools are out they turn up early and zoom off as I approach the door. which leads me to kick the side of the thing. Hurting me more than the bus can you believe. 
    I once broke a toe doing that to a GWR train. And now I'll be on the CL naughty step for daring to kick a train.
  • edited May 28
    Having to wait an age for a bus that always turns up late then as schools are out they turn up early and zoom off as I approach the door. which leads me to kick the side of the thing. Hurting me more than the bus can you believe. 
    The amount of night buses that have driven past me as I stood there holding my arm out... Next bus in 45-60 minutes.

Bus drivers are a law unto themselves. 
  • edited May 28
    People taking their pets for walks.

Obviously not dogs. But increasingly I see people taking all sorts of weird pets for a walk along the prom or in the high st. I've seen people with snakes around their neck strolling along, one bloke was taking his (massive tbf) tortoise on the beach for exercise, and I see people walking cats on leads or carrying them around all the time.

This weekend I saw some attention seeker wandering around with a parrot on his shoulder and the weekend before some bloke sitting on the clifftop with a cage full of blummin' birds. Talk about Bullseye style "look at what you could've won!" cruelty.
  • People taking their pets for walks.

Obviously not dogs. But increasingly I see people taking all sorts of weird pets for a walk along the prom or in the high st. I've seen people with snakes around their neck strolling along, one bloke was taking his (massive tbf) tortoise on the beach for exercise, and I see people walking cats on leads or carrying them around all the time.

This weekend I saw some attention seeker wandering around with a parrot on his shoulder and the weekend before some bloke sitting on the clifftop with a cage full of blummin' birds. Talk about Bullseye style "look at what you could've won!" cruelty.
    As an extension to your point I see no justification for anyone to have a ‘reptile’ as a pet. It’s so unnatural. 

They aren’t pets and can only be justified in zoos or similar.  
  • Who are we to say that any animals should be pets though tbf? They’re only acceptable because humans have made it so.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Who are we to say that any animals should be pets though tbf? They’re only acceptable because humans have made it so.
    Maybe but ‘reptiles’ is so unnatural for them to be limited in their surroundings. 
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a girl who's often sitting on Westerham Green with some sort of snake and I've got a story from my shopkeeping days, involving a reptile and Rolph Harris, I'll share it when I ain't grafting.
  • Gribbo said:
    There's a girl who's often sitting on Westerham Green with some sort of snake and I've got a story from my shopkeeping days, involving a reptile and Rolph Harris, I'll share it when I ain't grafting.
    Sounds like you might be needing the Frankie Howerd pic again... 
  • Pugs.
  • Flies buzzing round in the bedroom. Fkn little bstds.
  • Flies buzzing round in the bedroom. Fkn little bstds.
    You need a fly sheet mate, and I know just the place to get it from but can't remember the name of it atm
  • When you just find the man who knows everything. In a pub would you believe.
    Way he's going on I got a feeling he might know Southall. Who are these people? And they always seem to do well with complete callousness. Scary fuckers seem to or have taken over this country. 
  • edited May 30
  • ANPR car parks,they are really getting on my tits.Last nigh in Rochester,pissing down ,1)having put my number in to pay,"this no.not recognised"2)having overcome this,"payment not accepted"Loads of people all having problems getting really pissed off.Drove to barrier to press help button,my number came up  on a screen and I was told to pay a certain amount,so easy why not just do away with payment before driving out system.One more whinge,I had to get out of car because the accept charge button was above the height of the car,sheer genius on someones part.My golf clubs where still in my car from this mornings game,I was so close to getting my driver and demolishing the whose shit system.
  • ANPR car parks,they are really getting on my tits.Last nigh in Rochester,pissing down ,1)having put my number in to pay,"this no.not recognised"2)having overcome this,"payment not accepted"Loads of people all having problems getting really pissed off.Drove to barrier to press help button,my number came up  on a screen and I was told to pay a certain amount,so easy why not just do away with payment before driving out system.One more whinge,I had to get out of car because the accept charge button was above the height of the car,sheer genius on someones part.My golf clubs where still in my car from this mornings game,I was so close to getting my driver and demolishing the whose shit system.
    I'd probably miss it the way I've been playing lately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bad hanger etiquette.

Holiday cottage has plentiful wooden hangers for guests.
    Every now & then I open the wardrobe doors to find some barstewards have taken the lovely wooden ones and left behind their skanky plastic ones.

Didn’t expect family to be one of them mind.

Fuming 🤬
  • edited June 1
    Family you say.  Hmm there's some Christmas presents solved.
  • Bad hanger etiquette.

Holiday cottage has plentiful wooden hangers for guests.
    Every now & then I open the wardrobe doors to find some barstewards have taken the lovely wooden ones and left behind their skanky plastic ones.

Didn’t expect family to be one of them mind.

Fuming 🤬
    We bought something similar to these to put in our holiday lets!

• edited June 2
    W⚓️s on motorbikes using the A25 like its the Isle of Man at 6 o'clock on a Sunday morning. 2 of em must've been doing over 100mph

Be moaning later that a motorist knocked em off, looking the other way.

✊️🫧
  • Much damage to your car, Gribbo?
  • IdleHans said:
    Much damage to your car, Gribbo?
    Land Rover mate, only get damaged under the bonnet 
  • The way that car companies manipulate the prices of car colours so that people have to pay well over the odds if they want anything other than this quinquennial's base colour. I know that Henry Ford famously said, "you can have any colour you like as long as it's black", but that was 100 years ago. I'd have hoped we'd have moved on from that now.

In recent history we've had periods where red, white, silver and most recently black have been priced to be the dominant colour. Now, that god-awful dull grey is being foist upon us, with every other new car looking like it's had an undercoat but nothing more. The noticeable back up colour in this season of car colour hideousness is that horrible beige that's the colour of surgical stockings. Its so unnecessarily boring, and given the dullness of recent colour picks, potentially more dangerous with vehicles blending into the background. 
  • Henry Ford did not say that famous quote
  • ross1 said:
    Henry Ford did not say that famous quote
    But he did say "Seems like the government's got more interest in a dead man than a live one"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!