Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Howard Webb

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe the comments. De Jong assaulted Alonso and Van Bommel should have been sent off for at least two straight red challenges and from then on persistent fouling. Rubbish refereeing. Offering no protection to the only football team in the match.
  • Options
    not seen some of the spanish fouls then??
  • Options
    No matter whether the challenges should be yellow or red cards, when players wave imaginery cards or run after refs pleading for an oppponent to be booked/sent off- it irritates the hell out of me and imho they should always be booked themselves.
  • Options
    nolly. Are you actually watching the game ?
  • Options
    Think he has had a good game including the red
  • Options
    trying to...........so boring
  • Options
    If this had been Wigan vs Sunderland Mr Webb would have had the red card out atleast twice, possibly 3 times.

The reaction to his appointment has been way over the top. In 6 weeks time the English press, premier league players et al will be back to telling us what a useless twat he is.
  • Options
    I feel a bit sorry for him. He must be really bored.
  • Options
    now that was a corner
  • Options
    He is absolutely comical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A goal kick wrongly given and then what looked like a foul on the Dutch player before Spain break for their goal. Whoops!
  • Options
    oh dear Howard,never more can be said
  • Options
    His wife said be can't control his kids.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]A goal kick wrongly given and then what looked like a foul on the Dutch player before Spain break for their goal. Whoops![/quote]

no free kick the geezer took a dive
  • Options
    Absolute disgrace tonight, time after time he gave decisions to Spain and the events leading up to the goal should mean that Webb is finished as a referee. Be a very long time until we have another English ref in a World Cup final. Web, you are a tosser!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Absolute disgrace tonight, time after time he gave decisions to Spain and the events leading up to the goal should mean that Webb is finished as a referee. Be a very long time until we have another English ref in a World Cup final. Web, you are a tosser!

Funny I thought he gave holland more benefit of the doubt

Didn't have the mare some people are saying he did - he had 22 players intent on theatricals tonight
  • Options
    Holland were a disgrace. What utter hypocrites whining about the ref after spending the whole evening trying to cheat him. Webb had a terrible game but unlike Holland he tried to do what was right.

The 70s Dutch side were wonderful, this side have ruined the image of Dutch football.
  • Options
    Remember him sending off the mighty Traore for a second yellow issued for the heinous crime of kicking the ball away; tonight some of the tackling he let go looked like Guy Ritchie had choreographed it.To be fair, I thought he did well in the CL final,although that one was a bit easier to control. I suspect looking back on tonight he'll be wishing he cracked down a bit earlier.
  • Options
    Not his finest hour. Can't see him getting close to a big game again, although I was surprised that he got close to the final.

The Mash Calls It Right, As Usual
  • Options
    Talksport just said he had quite a good game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Absolute disgrace tonight, time after time he gave decisions to Spain and the events leading up to the goal should mean that Webb is finished as a referee. Be a very long time until we have another English ref in a World Cup final. Web, you are a tosser!

Have you taken them orange shaded glasses off yet?
    Webb did as well as anyother ref could of or would of.
  • Options

What match were you watching?

De Jong should have received a straight red, and Van Bommel could have been booked for around four late tackles alone.

Spain were far from guiltless, but I didn't see any foul worthy of the name in the build up to their goal, I did see a lot of late niggly tackles by Holland who set out to stop Spain from playing.

Don't show your ignorance here muppet.
  • Options
    Thought he had a decent game myself.
    If he sent players off, as some have suggested, then he'd get the label of a ref trying to make a name for himself. Can't really win. The multi-millionaires who dived and constantly tried to cheat are the ones who are a disgrace. And I include players from both sides in that. With England's limp exit, this tournament has only served to turn me off football.
    Everything but the League 1 variety, that is!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Godstone[/cite]Talksport just said he had quite a good game!
    He could have stood in the middle of the park randomly waving coloured cards around his head, and TalkSpurt's would have praised him with proud nationalistic fervour. Hang on...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Everything but the League 1 variety, that is!

Yes lets get back to the proper football.
  • Options
    Agree with the analysis of Holland. I wanted them to win at the start. By the end I was a Spain fan. Some horrific tackles, no real attempt to play football and the usual antics of Robben took care of that.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Thought he had a decent game myself.
    If he sent players off, as some have suggested, then he'd get the label of a ref trying to make a name for himself. Can't really win.

Had he sent him off any replay of De Jong's assault would have totally exonerated him post match, and Van Bommel, as he's done all tournament, pushed the rules to the limit. In the second half Robben could have been booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle went and received a very generous benefit of the doubt. In all there wasn't a single card dished out that wasn't deserved.

As for making a name for himself - he's hardly come from nowhere, he reffed the CL Final and the Coca-Cola cup this season.
  • Options
    Unfortunately Webb didn't get the benefit of a replay.
  • Options
    He handled a difficult match better than most
  • Options
    I personally don't want to see players sent off for a second booking as a result of kicking a ball away, regardless of the rulings. Think Webb used common sense.