Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

distance for home to the valley ?

Morning all
Bored day at work so just a few questions ?

A) do any folk walk past another football clubs ground to go to the valley if so must always mutter under breath some expletive

B) who lives the closest can anyone leave after the lads go on the pitch and still make the whistle

C) passing the club everyday on the train to london bridge do you have any ritual i for on always wink at the ground and smile but always want to stand and salute but would feel right chump...

only 80.03 gonna be long day in sunny whitechapel

Comments

• The sun is up in hackney and there is a glow over Dalston (hopefully its burning!)
  • If so pray for a wind blowing this way.....they still got that farm there....
  • According to AA routemaster, i'm exactly 7 miles

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp
  • i was 2.5 miles when i really was SE10Addick - now i'm 4.7 miles.

i just avoid going past the Rusty Toolbox on my way to the valley!
  • 4.6 miles
  • edited June 2008
    I go past Palace and spit on the floor everytime lol

17 miles for me
  • I'd guess it'd be between Curb-it and Rock Spectacle for the prize for closest
  • I about 20miles I guess, but I do know someone who lives in floyd road (liverpool fan) who goes to the odd game.
  • 14.2 miles for me
  • checked on that route planner says 11.54 miles by road but sure station to station should be under 10
  • Sponsored links:

• 185 miles!
  • 11.8 Miles for me from Swanley
  • Just over 7 miles.

Now if you bought one of the flats in the new East Stand development you could live AT the Valley.
  • 4.6 miles
  • 19.2 miles for me
    or
    4 stops on the rattler
  • Rented a house that backed on to the East stand between July and Dec last year whilst my own house was rebuilt - was about 150 metres from the pitch and could be in my seat within 2 mins (depending on crowds at the turnstiles) of leaving the house... Loved it but wife wasn't happy when trying to park the car on alternate Saturdays / evening games...amazing the number of people who won't let you pull on to your own drive cos they insist on walking past...must admit, was tempted to run a couple of people over myself after I had been there waiting for 10 mins in the middle of the road trying to park...

Now back in SE10 - I reckon 1.5 miles to the ground
  • edited June 2008
    Amazing the number of people who just pull onto your drive and park there assuming they can. God that makes me so angry.

4 minutes id say to my seat.
  • used to be 2.5 miles - now 6.8 miles
  • 1.5 miles i think, always walk back home but sadly too lazy and get the bus there!
  • 7.21 for me
  • Sponsored links:

• 1.6 miles ...

... but just putting house on the market, we are planning to move 34.1 miles away :-(
  • 121.8 miles for me.
  • 1464.12 miles...
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]1.6 miles ...

... but just putting house on the market, we are planning to move 34.1 miles away :-(

where to salad?
  • 4.8 miles

Used to be 0.5 miles when I lived in Charlton
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I about 20miles I guess, but I do know someone who lives in floyd road (liverpool fan) who goes to the odd game.

About 2 miles further away than Kigelia - I drive past Gravesend & Northfleets ground to pick him up. I never usually mutter anything under my breath but I do notice that they always seem to have home games on the same Saturdays as Charlton.
  • Couple of hours from door to seat.

If I skipped the pub it would be about 10mins.
  • when i lived in Gallon close in charlton, i could get to the ground in 2 minutes. would leave the house at 2.55pm be in my seat in the east stand just before kick off. now im in northumberland heath its 6.7 miles.
  • was 0.3 miles but now 4.1.

gmap
  • 20 miles now, but was 3 miles up until 2.5 years ago