Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pictures of Rooney smoking

Comments

• Options
    The point is the photo was taken probably with a zoom lense from god knows how far away, on a private holiday surrounded by 80-90% of people who have no clue who he is.

Not him sauntering around Majorca, Ibiza or Manchester with fag in hand not caring whether kids see him or not.
  • Options
    What a load of fuss about nothing. We don't even know if it's even his fag. He could actually be holding it for someone else who's outside the pool in this shot.
    If the papers were that keen to get a photo of him smoking, why haven't they got one of him smoking, and only have one of him holding it?
    And if it is his, then so be it, he's old enough to make his own decisions.
  • Options
    As a purchaser of the OK magazine that had Rooney's Wedding Celebrations - Not sure if anyone else has bought one, there was a picture of O'Shea, Brown, and Carrick with ties round their head enjoying themselves. Now, call me a silly fool, but no way were they sober. Are they wrong as well?

How dare they enjoy themselves out of season at their mates wedding. seriously, i think some people have to stand back and re-read what they type sometimes! does it really matter?

Like DA9 says, the photo is grainy, it was probably taken from a mile away, it could be his cig, someone elses or a straw, beats me why if it is a cig why he's smoking it in the pool, but the blokes just got married, he's probably not a 20 a day man, the occassional cig isn't going to affect him that much, he's got a few weeks till the season starts, who gives a crap!!

that pic you've posted Afka looks like dribble not a lolly :-)
  • Options
    you could play dot t dot with those freckles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]who gives a crap!!

he probably needed one... hence the ciggie!
  • Options
    I'm sure everyone who has moaned about rooney smoking and has turned up to work with a hangover before has rushed to work today to hand in their resignation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]who gives a crap!!

he probably needed one... hence the ciggie!

Dulcoease, stool softener.........lovely advert that on GMTV at 6am
  • Options
    thats twice you've mentioned it. first i read it when eating breakfast, and now again at lunchtime!
    I'm glad i dont have internet access at home so you can disturb my dinner as well!
  • Options
    i would shoot him
  • Options
    da9? yeah, i was thinking the same for spoiling my lunch!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont give a shit if he smokes or not. As for it being private well tough .When he is in the media spot light and sells his life story at aged 5 1/2 and sells his wedding stuff to the media he has to take the shit as well.

calm down calm down ------- is that a rubber ring in the pool or a hub cap Laa nicked last week----------ferry across the mersey to the land that time forgot !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I'm sure everyone who has moaned about rooney smoking and has turned up to work with a hangover before has rushed to work today to hand in their resignation.[/quote]

Oh dear, some people seem to be taking this a bit too personally.

It makes not an ounce of difference to my life whether Rooney smokes or not, but given how his manager has behaved in the past with players showing contempt for him or their profession then I find it highly unlikely that Rooney will escape some sort of punishment and in that this is him behaving stupidly and IMO showing himself to be untrustworthy.
  • Options
    Who cares if he smokes? Jesus why has this country become so infatuated with what "The Stars" get up to in their private life?

Chill Winston.......
  • Options
    LOL........you never know Suz, I might know where you live.

OK, so I'm the only one who finds that advert a bit too much early in the morning, or anytime to be honest.
  • Options
    Sorry WSS but thats bollocks - No offence.

I think it it well accepted that our young British players do have a less professional attitude than their european counterparts. That includes levels of fitness. When Ramos arrived at Spurs he said he was appalled by the lack of fitness at the club. Why are they less inclined to train to a peak and indulge in drinking and fags ? because their coaches in the main are still Brits who were brought up in the same culture. It will change. The large numbers of foreigners who ply their trade in this country will bring their good habits with them and that will rub off on our native players. As more top clubs appoint overseas coaches this too will have a positive affect. As for Rooney smoking. Try to defend it !
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2008
    Defend what?

His right to smoke?! He is allowed to smoke if he wants - if it affects his health, fitness, match performance then he will be told by his doctor, ferguson, capello etc and actions, if deemed necessary, will be taken.

It's not illegal to smoke so he shouldnt need defending in my opinion! Blaming our (and the rest of the home nations) failure on the "fag and lager" culture is a bit naive i think.

Why can't we, as a nation just admit that we are not good enough and other countries are better? There is nothing to suggest over the past 40 years that England are nothing better than a mediocre footballing nation.
  • Options
    I would stake a weeks wages that there are more "continental players" who enjoy the odd cigarette than any British player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I would stake a weeks wages that there are more "continental players" who enjoy the odd cigarette than any British player.[/quote

Vialli liked his tabs.
  • Options
    Sure its a free country and for all I care Rooney and whoever can smoke themselves to death. What cant be defended is his smoking when he is an athlete being paid to be as good as he can possibly be. I would say top athlete but cant because he obviously aint interested in his ability to perform at peak levels.
  • Options
    Adults still in this increasingly repressive country have the right to choose whether they should smoke or not.

The disappointing thing for me is that such a potentially talented young player either has not been advised of the dangers of smoking to his health and fitness or alternatively lacks the professional pride to care about the possibility of those dangers.

Ultimately though it his choice to smoke or not just as it is Manchester United's choice to retain his services or not and England's choice to select him or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SHG - What evidence do you have that it effects him in anyway? Plenty of atheletes smoke and drink and it has little or no effect on them.
  • Options
    yes. i've been puffing away whilst out necking beer and its not effecting my half marathon training whatsover!
  • Options
    like someone said earlier on, does everyone on here make sure they do not drink a night before a work game, or drink at the weekend or on holiday as it could affect their work on a monday? I doubt it, surely the same thing? no? he's doing a job, and he's on holiday at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]SHG - What evidence do you have that it effects him in anyway? Plenty of atheletes smoke and drink and it has little or no effect on them.
    Smoking will effect your health. It actually says that on the box. Some athletes may smoke and it does have a few effects, that is why people smoke. Long/short term the effects are rather well documented.

I havent got problem with smokers, its your choice not mine so please keep it in your lungs not mine.
  • Options
    Teddy smoked for years as did gazza (bad person to compare) but it never affected their football as did vialli, Rudd hullit and cantona what the feck does it matter
  • Options
    Must be a myth then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]like someone said earlier on, does everyone on here make sure they do not drink a night before a work game, or drink at the weekend or on holiday as it could affect their work on a monday? I doubt it, surely the same thing? no? he's doing a job, and he's on holiday at the moment.

Happy birthday today
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]like someone said earlier on, does everyone on here make sure they do not drink a night before a work game, or drink at the weekend or on holiday as it could affect their work on a monday? I doubt it, surely the same thing? no? he's doing a job, and he's on holiday at the moment.

Happy birthday today

huh?
  • Options
    Today we wish happy birthday to TV host and model Tania Strecker , 35 or SuziSausage for short
  • Options
    my god. do I look 35?