Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Talk

13»

Comments

• Options
    We've had many on occassion when we've lost somebody or more at the end of teh window, e.g. Parker, Reid, Diawara etc. Maybe it is our turn to benefit from a new signing or two right towards the end of the window?

It's a long old season and I'm really not worried at this stage. We just need to let Pards and the management team focus on getting a balanced side together that can keep more clean sheets than last year and with the ability to unlock defences a bit more frequently. I don't think we have a 20+ goals a season striker, but do believe that Varney, Gray, Dickson, Todorov and Fleetwood will score 35+ between them. Zhi, Ambrose and Shelvey will chip in too.
  • Options
    we learnt last season how physically tough this league is, with all due respect it appears we are more concerned about the balance sheet and how it looks for future investors rather than getting the club to where we want to be, as seen last season the likes of Thomas and Ambrose are more than capable of turning but the reality is their more chance of them bottling it.How can clubs who have less support less backing and have been in the lower leagues at lot longer spend more freely than us, the ripple effect is that should the club not achieve there goal then the sales of season tickets wlll continue to fall merchandise revenues fall and we are not such an attractive club for the live matches and potential new signings. No doubt I will be shot down by the eternal opptomists but IMO this year will be our last decent chance for atleast another five years
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]How can clubs who have less support less backing and have been in the lower leagues at lot longer spend more freely than us,

Because they never had to maintain a £30m wage bill to try and compete in the Prem like we had to.

We have debts that have to be cleared before the banks call them in, like what is happening to Watford. You work in business, what other route can we take ? Because as much as i'd like to see us go about things a different way, i can't currently see one, and i really don't want us to be starting next season or the one after on -10 points.
  • Options
    Agree AFKA. Very easy for us supporters wanting and expecting new signings but I now tend to agree that the prudence the board is showing just reinforces the view that Charlton are a well run club. Yes it`s gone badly for a year or two but the investment the club has made in previous years in the Accadamy and with the overseas youth policy is at last starting to produce and If we have to tread water for another year or so in order to secure our overall future then I for one am certainly happy to go along with that. As for future investment - I feel sure the board will do what they think is best as they always do. Looking at the bigger picture I think they have done us proud and if in a year or so want to hand over the baton to bigger fish then I feel confident that the board will do us proud then too. Common you Addicks 1