Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dulwich Hamlet tonight- (3-1 Charlton FT)

2»

Comments

• Options
    currently 3-1 to Charlton.

Was 1-0 down, then goals coming from Jensen, Basey and Lloyd Sam. Fleetwood missed a penalty
  • Options
    Full time 3-1, was 1-0 down.

Mikel Jensen (?), Basley & Long.

Christie in goal, apparently nothing he could do about the goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]sorry to disappoint you lads but due to boredom the 7-0 was made up

The idea that Faye could score 2 goals in a game of football should have given the game away.

His transfer value goes back down from a pound to zero.
  • Options
    have to say that my score was better....
  • Options
    Sam, Godrey and Jensen according to the OS.
  • Options
    Charlton: Christie; Moutaouakil, Basey, Mambo, A Thomas; Sam (Jensen 67), Wright, Faye, Yussuff; Fleetwood (O'Shea 77), Canham (Godfrey 75).

Subs (not used): Binks, Sinfield, Clark, Long.

Goals: Sam 65, Godfrey 83, Jensen 90
  • Options
    See, Faye made all the difference.....(!)

;o)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    We thought it was Basey who scored the 2nd but the OS is never wrong : - )

Slow start and sloppy defending by Moo2. Dulwich seemed more up for it and played some good football. The few chances we had weren't taken. Dulwich had a few headers but little for Christie to do.

2nd half CAFC looked much more purposeful and inventive, creating a number of chances which were put wide of the keeper, had a goal disallowed for offside and missed a pen before we took control. Jensen looked sharp when he came on but no one really shone IMHO. Moo2 picked up and made some good runs and overlaps, Wright had a few good moments, neither Fleetwood or Canham impressed although the latter won the pen and worked hard despite missing an open goal.

Lots of Charlton fans there but considering the number of minor injuries it was a shadow side and not a lot to excite. An enjoyable warm evening to watch a game and have a beer.

Nice ground, big bar and good to see fellow lifers Addickted (thanks for the lift), Soundasa£, Addick1965, CHolland, Valley McMoist, Stanmore (nice car!), Inspector Sands and Rothko the miserable.

Moment of the night. Stanmore punching a ball up over a wall and out of the ground after a wayward shot.

PS Balls and flags of the highest quality from Winston Sports.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]See, Faye made all the difference.....(!)

;o)

forget the shirt sponsorship. Let's just pay someone to take him out !!

(only a joke, wouldn't condone acts of violence)
  • Options
    general consensus amongst the peeps ( Inspector, Rothko and Invine's Sr and Jr) was that Jensen and Godfrey looked good in the bit they played- apologies to AFKA for the incorrect info- we thought it was Sam for the 2nd with Godfrey putting the ball in- appears it was the other way around- great ball whoever it was..!

Much better 2nd half, suppose the fitness level would help us there but i especially liked Jensen- low centre of gravity and able to twist and turn. Missed a hat full of chances though

Nice ground- good fun and whet the whistle for Sat-
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2008
    How many balls went over, lost count at 5. Good work out for the kids, but think its time for an early bath for Canham, although he won the penalty. Whilst faye remains a good candidate for my vote as the next man to leave, I thought he was ok tonight, improving as the game went along. if he ever wants a game in the Rymans I am sure he will shine. Sam of the 1st team squad was probably the best player, his run for the goal is something that he should try in a proper game. Pards was at the back of the stand for the 1st half and then on the bench for the second while kinsella orchestrated things.

1st half was dire from our point of view - outmuscled by a committed Hamlets side, 2nd half we stepped up the pace and a dour game became more entertaining. Not sure we took 1,000. Nice to be able to park right outside the turnstiles
  • Options
    Well done to Dulwich fo their sensible pricing policy last night. £8 adults and under 12's were free. We enjoyed the evening and it made a nice change to be able to watch the match whilst having a few beers.
  • Options
    "Jazz? Nice"

lol
  • Options
    same here- :-)

shouldn't the photo have been black and white though.....
  • Options
    now I'm not one to be critical of the friendlies - I have defended playing against inferior teams or so called.

But what is the point of playing these and hardly any seniors on show - where they getting their match fitness from FFS. Don't want to alarm anyon e but the season starts saturday week and we've got one top class friendly left.
  • Options
    in fairness Ledge- i suggested the same at the match but a few of the players out there definately have a claim to a first team place-

Basey and Sam to name a couple but i can see why Pardew wouldn't want to risk those he has ear-marked for Sat..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]2707359382_3b6d3d6290.jpg

Like father, like son.....
  • Options
    2719348040_dab7b8b080.jpg?v=0

Where's ya Cardie gone....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]2707359382_3b6d3d6290.jpg

What the hell is that on your head christ you look like Billie Jean King.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was the one moment i was wearing it all bloody day and i get lambasted for it.

It's a visor - i think you should sell them in your shop.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]now I'm not one to be critical of the friendlies - I have defended playing against inferior teams or so called.

But what is the point of playing these and hardly any seniors on show - where they getting their match fitness from FFS. Don't want to alarm anyon e but the season starts saturday week and we've got one top class friendly left.

Afternoon Delight raised that point last night after the game that some of our players will short of match sharpness.I must admit i'm getting a little jittery about this season.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    At least Pards seems to now know who his best 11 is.
  • Options
    How did Faye look?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]How did Faye look?

Same as ever, quite dark and stocky, but wearing a new kit :-)

In the warm up he was really going through the motions and the rest of the squad did not go out of their way to involve him, hios lack of interest extended into the first few moments of the game, then he seemed to decide it was worth getting involved and I thought he looked ok, one of the classiest players on the ptich,big and strong on the ball and put through a few passes, did not do much running thoughand of course he earns more than the whole,of the dulwich side put together - not sure what that has to do with it, but thought I would mention it.

Sure others saw it differently but ....
  • Options
    Disinterested is a good description.....
  • Options
    He should look good, he's playing against Dulwich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He should look good, he's playing against Dulwich

I think he's found his true level
  • Options
    Don't knock Henry's style.

Slip ons and no socks.

God that man's cool.