Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bougy to Baggies?

Comments

• Options
    Whatever our disappointment at this latest development, we have to agree that keeping the finances on side has to be the priority.

I'll be happy if he is replaced and I expect it to be with a player who costs a fraction of what we receive for Bougy. That's the financial reality of where we are folks.

We might as well get used to it!

Plus, I'm pleased we got Hudson and that means that we could have the makings of an alright central defence next season if he gets a decent partner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What Dan and Large said.

What Dan, Large, Rothko and Bing said
  • Options
    Why don't we just call Ocean Finance?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Why don't we just call Ocean Finance?

Our rights issue was a partial equivalent but, if we had approached OF, I suspect that without player sales, they would turn us down....:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]shoot me down if way of the mark here, but somthing about this summer does not add up. it almost feels as if the board are trying to balance the books and get the club looking healthy money wise, with a view to a takeover? murray has hardly said a word this pre season. i just wonder if the end of the murray era is comming. get the books balanced then look to see what or who is interested. maybe i didnt get enough sleep last night due to those damm urban foxes but somthing dosnt smell right down in se7 at the moment and it aint got anything to the valley cafe... in the words of sir david frost "the Clues are There..." fire sale of players, no real money spent on replacements, targeted players going elswhere, the sponser debacle, low league english friendlies, boradroom silence, robson, £30 tickets.

Personally I hope that we are doing this as a preparation for a take over.

The board had the chance to establish us in the premiship and missed the boat.

If the club is to move forward it will take decent investment and ambition. I fear the current board, for all the good they have done for the club, offer neither.
  • Options
    so much gloom!

Relax, enjoy the sunshine and look forward to a great season!
  • Options
    Bing, that was a great post and analogy.

Folks, this does appear to be the reality of the situation - and full marks to the Board for putting their house in order before they are possibly overwhelmed with cashflow problems.

As Bing said, it's a lot easy to be granted affordable credit when you're existing borrowings are under control.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

What I, Large, Rothko, Bing and Brunello said ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

What Dan, Large, Rothko, Bing, Brunello and Dan said :oD
  • Options
    "is that an ice berg?"
    "nope"
    "you sure ?"
    "yep its mist"
    CRUNCH
    "we have hit an ice berg"
    "dont matter we cant be sunk"
    " are u sure"
    "yep"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------glug.

going down ? no
    going up ? no
    going anyway ? yes

saying it aint a problem be happy is great , but dont say it aint a problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Until then get real. I really don't understand some of you. You'd rather we gambled and end up where Leeds are than be prudent and maybe drift in this division for a year or two. Ok, things don't look too bright but they could be far, far worse.

Fully agreed

I totally agree that we shouldn't gamble and spend money we haven't got and then end up in administration but the way we're going, we may well end up where Leeds are anyway, in league one. If we can keep a main pool of 16 players fit and available we'll be ok but any injuries or suspensions (especially to Hudson, Shelvey or Varney) and we're in a bit of trouble. I'm just praying Pards has some decent loan signings lined up.
  • Options
    very fair point, League one beckons.. perhaps.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]very fair point, League one beckons.. perhaps.

yellowcard.jpg

FFS
  • Options
    he he he, adds to the excitement, lets face it we aren't going up, and mid table obscurity is soooo dull
  • Options

What Dan, Large, Rothko, me, Brunello and Oggy said ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]he he he, adds to the excitement, lets face it we aren't going up, and mid table obscurity is soooo dull

Werent certain people bemoaning this whilst we were in the PL and others were saying we need to play the way we play to survive.....Now here we are bemoaning the mid table obscurity again, but in Div 2!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    play what way??

Some people may have had some strange idea that the board were going to have a 2 year punt at getting us into the prem again.... I wonder where they got that idea from.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]play what way??

Some people may have had some strange idea that the board were going to have a 2 year punt at getting us into the prem again.... I wonder where they got that idea from.

The defence focused way we played in the PL
  • Options
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=45583
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

What Dan, Large, Rothko, me, Brunello and Oggy said ;)

You wot?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm surpised Pardew hasn't quit to be honest, but I guess he isn't going to lose out reputation wise with this sort of backing (or lack of it)
  • Options
    re the boggy sale surely Sheff Wed will be entitled to a sell on fee anyway.In this day and age when a championship club sells to a prem club a sell on clause is usally par for the course,so whatever fee is agreed to you bet a deduction will be apllied to it.
  • Options
    Nobody knows the fee yet apart from the people in the know. Perhaps we should see what we actually get for him before we all hang ourselves. After all we may sell him with a Huge sell on clause ourselves no ? If he is going will be the one player I didn't want to leave this summer!
  • Options
    if he does go Sodje in? just had a look on the reading website, he hasnt played in there last 4 friendlies not even on the bench..
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I thought McCarthy put in some outstanding performances at the tail-end of last season, I can't remember Bougherra standing out in a single match. I'm shocked to hear all these opinions that he is massive player for us to lose. He's not a physical defender and this is a physical league.
  • Options
    need someone with pace though don't we?
  • Options
    Maybe. But I'd rather two strong, good-in-the-air CBs than one of them and a quick bloke who never really seems to do much.

There's very few sides in this league who don't hoof the ball into the box anyway. I seem to remember us really struggling against that sort of tactic as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I thought McCarthy put in some outstanding performances at the tail-end of last season, I can't remember Bougherra standing out in a single match. I'm shocked to hear all these opinions that he is massive player for us to lose. He's not a physical defender and this is a physical league.

Err McCarthy Cost us the Game v QPR that was in the Outstanding McCarthy period. If you seriously think he was better than Bougherra, don't ever become a Sunday league Manager :-) Seriously though not looking for a fight, just think you need a Bruiser (Hudson), some racing snakes (MooToo & Youga) at Full Back & someone with a Brain to sweep up with a bit of class, that makes a perfect back four, Bougherra has that McCarthy does not.
  • Options
    get skinned by every nippy forward tho, I reckon both of our young leftbacks could do a job a centre half anyway alongside Hudson
  • Options
    I don't rate Bougherra as a defender at all. And McCarthy was one of the worst players I've ever seen.

Sodje is nothing to shout either really.

Bring back Rufus

*depressed*