Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bougy to Baggies?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Err McCarthy Cost us the Game v QPR that was in the Outstanding McCarthy period. If you seriously think he was better than Bougherra, don't ever become a Sunday league Manager :-) Seriously though not looking for a fight, just think you need a Bruiser (Hudson), some racing snakes (MooToo & Youga) at Full Back & someone with a Brain to sweep up with a bit of class, that makes a perfect back four, Bougherra has that McCarthy does not.
    [/cite]

I'm not saying I think he was the better player, but he was certainly the better performer. Bougherra never really made it for us. And I don't think he would this season either. He is much better suited to a less physical league. And as far as the "sweeping-up" goes, I agree. But I never saw him doing any of that.
  • Options
    there was a fella on the train this morning who was a spit of Rufus ala 95/96 dared my mate to ask if he was realated to him, funnily enough he declined the challenge...
  • Options
    I need to sort my bbcode skillz out.
  • Options
    Just seen this comment on the BBC:

"I don’t like Bougherra - I’ve never forgiven him for taking mowgli back to the man village..."
  • Options
    thats funny WSS... pissing myself.
  • Options
    I'm hearing he has agreed personal terms with West Brom.

All the best Magic.

Lets hope his replacement arrives in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just seen this comment on the BBC:

"I don’t like Bougherra - I’ve never forgiven him for taking mowgli back to the man village..."

Excellent!:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm hearing he has agreed personal terms with West Brom..

they must have a few bob to throw at him.
    their first home game v everton they are charging away fans £40 adults, £25 oap & £20 juniors.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm hearing he has agreed personal terms with West Brom..

they must have a few bob to throw at him.
    their first home game v everton they are charging away fans £40 adults, £25 oap & £20 juniors.

Yeah but some cheeky buggers are charging £30 in the Championship!
  • Options
    i read the West Brom away prices elsewhere. Pretty disgusting, and one of the key things i don't miss about the prem, because there is no way i'd pay that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is the boogie deal sealed?
    only according to ssn, WBA have made an offer for meite from bolton.
  • Options
    I understand (though not confirmed) barring a medical its been completed this afternoon. THey are also interested in Meite in addition.
  • Options
    One thing I'm sure we can all agree on, Bougy has acted perfectly throughout this summer.

All the best Bougy, see you next season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    All the best Bougy, see you next season!

Surely not, Stu, as we'll be in the Prem and they'll be back with the Chumps! ;-)
  • Options
    you expecting them to be relegated stu
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]you expecting them to be relegated stu

No, we're going up mate.
  • Options
    too much sun today stu and with the cider
  • Options
    is this the site for suicide or the samartans i cant work it out

cheer the feck up everyone its only a few months until xmas
  • Options
    I'm happy ....... down in SE Cornwall not so far from Plymouth, we've got our Maker Sunshine Festival kicking off tomorrow, Thursday.

Four days of music & partying on top of the cliffs - and no doubt getting legless, so it'll mean you lot won't have to read my meandering posts. ;o)

Back to the doom & gloom ........ so Boogie's in the out tray.He's been the subject for transer talk for the past month, it's not a surprise, so why are so many people feeling down?

Players come and players go - it's ever been thus. Charlton still need to put 11 players on the park and 5 on the bench, so there will be replacements, maybe even a legend in the making, a new hero. :o)

And if Pards signs a pile of steaming cack and we make a crap start, well ........what's that Samaritans number?

:o)
  • Options
    Has stefanovic signed for anyone yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Has stefanovic signed for anyone yet?

yes, Norwich. Gary Breen is still available though !!
  • Options
    I would not hold your breath on an immediate replacement coming in either !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I would not hold your breath on an immediate replacement coming in either !

No don't hold you breath, most people can only hold their breath for 2 or 3 minutes max and I doubt we will sign and announce any deals that quickly.

If only Matt and the guys knew that so many were waiting to inhale I'm sure they'd put up those stories on the OS that much quicker
  • Options
    to be honest for what we could get I would stick to using the squad we have
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I would not hold your breath on an immediate replacement coming in either !

we can't go into the season with just two CB's, one of whom, Forch, is not really wanted by Pards. Those in the wings, Aswad Thomas, are not good enough. Others, Basey,Youga and Semedo, are not centre halves. A centre half on loan is an absolute must. I'm not too fussed that we are having to sell to balance the books but we can't leave ourselves short in a crucial area. Shelvey and Wright may play more than we thought this season but they are decent youngsters with promise, that can't be said for centre half position.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]to be honest for what we could get I would stick to using the squad we have

totally disagree
  • Options
    I gathered..

:)
  • Options
    But come on everybody, you are all forgetting our centre back secret weapon - Amdy Faye. Cometh the hour - cometh the man!! Right problem solved .....next.......!!
  • Options
    if he played who would get behind him,maybe he just wants to feel wanted ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]But come on everybody, you are all forgetting our centre back secret weapon - Amdy Faye. Cometh the hour - cometh the man!! Right problem solved .....next.......!!
    Be careful what you wish for..... :)