Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2nd Charlton Life Golf Society - 28th November (page 2) - Add name if interested

124»

Comments

• Options
    I was a hopeful but it's now impossible - Thanks to Mr Darling and his VAT rate change I have a shed load of system changes to do on Friday now!

Thanks Labour
  • Options
    We take the head from Tajima under license I believe for our single head. I know what you mean, folk are just scared right now and it will take a few months of stability to start to turn it round.

Fingers crossed for you mate and if I hear of any stuff that I can pass your way, I certainly will.
  • Options
    Hello guys!

What with Christmas been and gone and Spring just around the corner - shall we revisit this and look for the next golf day in May when the footie season's over?
  • Options
    Agreed. I have not played for months (since the 1st one in fact) and by then I will really need to take out my fury on something!

I don't plan on killing any Ducks though - that was just evil and heartless!

Was also nice to meet Oooh Aah - incredibly he smiled at one point (mind you things were a lot better than they currently are).

Would be good to hear Keith Peacock's opinion on things right now too - I bet he's got a bit to say on it all
  • Options
    I had only just managed to get over the horrific incident from the last golf day untill I was reminded by Hillsys and AFKA on xmas day down the boozer and now Swisdom you bring it back to me again.......

Oh well!!! Count me in for the golf day!

And no Bandit's golf this time!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    i played two weeks after the golf day and scored 24 points as opposed to the 46ish (proper bandit territory) i got on the day ...
    unreal my best ever round and i felt like a cheat!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

Was also nice to meet Oooh Aah - incredibly he smiled at one point (mind you things were a lot better than they currently are).

i had wind i definitely didn't smile ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

i had wind i definitely didn't smile ;-)

Aha - El Bandito speaks out at last - finally sticking his Head (complete with spangly cowboy hat) above the parapet.

Would be good if we could get a few more "CAFC celebs" this year. I know Basey plays a mean game of Golf, Keithie Peacock and Martin Simons (and his enormous cigars) have attended a couple of golf days I've played at.

I doubt anyone related to the club would have the balls to attend one of these but it would be worth a try to start rebuilding bridges between the fans and the club
  • Options
    i am up for this lets crack on

NSS do you fancy a mid week game at Foxhills before we lose it
  • Options
    Foxhills!!! Very Nice!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Count me in.
  • Options
    anyone played boughton park, near faversham?
    my society has it's 1st meet of the year there.
  • Options
    Yes played there loads lovely course. 1st is daunting teeing off up hill.
    The last 2 par 5 600 plus each so when you have cracked it you have too play massive holes.
    Nice grub though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i am up for this lets crack on

NSS do you fancy a mid week game at Foxhills before we lose it

yes mate
  • Options
    Chaps - We got any plans in place for Golf Day yet??
  • Options
    Not yet - so what's happening?!
  • Options
    what with the recent upturn in weather isn't about time we went out again.
    didn't we decide the winner of the last event has to organise the next one?
  • Options
    Hillsy was asked about this a few weeks ago, I think he mentioned being very busy at the moment.
    If he's about I'm sure he'll correct me if i'm wrong ;)
    If thats the case, I'm willing to help out although organizing the whole thing I couldnt do due to our own G.S.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    didn't we decide the winner of the last event has to organise the next one?

that must've been my prize , i missed that!!
  • Options
    Crook!!