Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - Saturday 30th August 1986. Man Utd 0 Charlton 1

13»

Comments

• Options
    Think we had 2 pens of supporters there that day, great noise made by us, was on cloud 9 all the way home, shared a flat at the time with a Scouse mate of mine, (Evertonian) think he was as delighted as me, OK, game was a bit drab but I will forever be able to say "I've seen Charlton win at Old Trafford"
  • Options

I was there. It was a complete shock as I'd been to Forest for the midweek game and we'd got thumped 4-0.

Coming away from Old Trafford after the win I finally thought we're in the big time.

Snap!
    Was at both games....after Forest thrashing I thought we were doomed and dreading the (already paid for) trip to Old Trafford! However, still went as wasn't sure when I would next be able to see little ol' Charlton play there! Great day out, but as others have stated, recall the actual match being a dull affair....apart from Amos' goal.
    Dennis was in fine form on the train on journey home.

Was with you Mr B at both games, left a bit early at the Forest game, got set upon on the middle of Trent Bridge by loads of Forest, only 5 of us, they were really miffed about being turned over before the game.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    At lunchtime, our group of four sank a large quantity of Hyde's Bitter in the Jolly Angler in Ducie Street, a favourite haunt. You came out of Piccadilly station, bowled down the ramp, and took the first right along by the canal. This was way before Manchester became trendy; the whole city was very run down, and that included the Jolly Angler. Dave, the guvnor, always looked as though he'd just crawled out of bed; he had the shakes of a proper alky. We got the bus to Old Trafford and I remember nothing about the game other than Mark Stuart's goal. After the match we celebrated with many more sherbets in Manny - no memory of where exactly, or anything at all....