Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Put all non-Charlton deals, gossip etc in this one thread please.

As for the 'big two', well i can see the Berbatov deal going through, but not the Robinho one.

Comments

• Options
    It'll be hilarious if the Robinho one falls through, if only to leave Kenyon with egg on his face again. Apparently they've already advertised the chance to buy "Robinho" Chelsea shirts on their official site whilst he's officially a Real Madrid player. If he does come, hope he's about as successful as Malouda, Anelka, and Mutu.
  • Options
    Listening to the radio this morning it would appear that Schuster issued an ultimatum to the Madrid El Presidento. If Robiniho is sold then Madrid are looking for a new coach so Robiniho is going nowhere....Until January
  • Options
    Roman Pavlyuchenko to Spurs for £14m, I suppose that means that Berbatov is on his way to Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Ryan Donk to West Brom on loan from AZ Alkmaar...
  • Options
    After his press conference yesterday, i just can't see how they can keep Robinho. How can you keep a player who's openly criticised the manager and said his head is with another team. Admittedly they can just let him rot in the stands (as i dont think they have reserve teams) but why do that when you're paying him thousands a week and a club is prepared to give you 30m for him.
    After seeing them last night, they should take the 30m and buy a defence.
  • Options
    Spurs complete the signing of Corluka from Man City
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Spurs complete the signing of Corluka from Man City

Good signing but isn't he a right back? And they already have Hutton there, although he's injured.
  • Options
    Abu Dhabi United Group apparently set to buy Man City...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Spurs complete the signing of Corluka from Man City

Good signing but isn't he a right back? And they already have Hutton there, although he's injured.

And the kid Gunter from Cardiff.

Another team buying up the talent and then let them rot in the reserves/
  • Options
    Chelsea are indeed already selling Robinho shirts with TBC where the number should be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Portsmouth have signed Algerian left-back Nadir Belhadj...
  • Options
    It made me laugh earlier hearing that Real Madrid were complaining about the way Chelscum had 'tapped up' Robinho etc while conveniently forgetting about the Ronaldo stuff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Portsmouth have signed Algerian left-back Nadir Belhadj...

Another defender? Interesting.
  • Options
    Chris, didn't the winker at OT say he wanted to play for another side , but then back down when faced with Fergie ?
    I know acouple of red devils who insist he'll get slagged off mercilessly when he returns to the side; no player is bigger than any club.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Chris, didn't the winker at OT say he wanted to play for another side , but then back down when faced with Fergie ?
    I know acouple of red devils who insist he'll get slagged off mercilessly when he returns to the side; no player is bigger than any club.

He didn't go as far as staging his own press conference to say he wanted to leave though did he? And he didn't slag off the manager.
    And Utd at no point said they'd let Ronaldo go whereas Robinho claims he was told by the directors that he could go.

Whilst i think what both players did was wrong, Ronaldo quickly accepted he was staying, but i just feel theres no going back for Robinho.

Also how long do you reckon the Utd fans will slag him off for? From what i've seen so far this season they desperately miss him, so give it a game or 2, a couple of goals, a winner against one of the other big 4 clubs etc, and they'll love him again.
  • Options
    Liverpool have signed Flora. Bet he spreads it around well.
  • Options
    I bet RAFKA(!) Benitez was buttered up by his agent .........
  • Options
    noted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Liverpool have signed Flora. Bet he spreads it around well.

They've plenty of bread ......
  • Options
    Is he the kind of player to fake an injury and roll over ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paulo Ferrera in talks with West Ham
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Liverpool have signed Flora. Bet he spreads it around well.[/quote]

They've plenty of bread ......

yeah they shouldn't LARD it over everyobne so much tho
  • Options
    Man City have bid in excess of £30 mil for Berbatov. According to ssn.
  • Options
    How effing funny is that.

City gazumping United - brilliant.

Can;t see Berbatov going there regardless but United going to have to up the offer though. The old front wheel Daniel Levy must be pissing himself
  • Options
    Mark Hughes screwing over SAF - would love this to happen!
  • Options
    Is anyone watching SSN now? Absolute berk Man City fan being interviewed who has tied a handkerchief to his head and saying 'welcome to the arabs'!
  • Options
    Saha to Everton..
  • Options
    that happened friday didn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]that happened friday didn't it?

yes, but humour him; he's not that quick : - )
  • Options
    We'll just have to wait and see whether Levy has played his trump cards right this time.

It was a huge risk playing hard-ball with United. I personally would rather Berbatov rots in the reserves for the remainder of his contract but appreciate that we need to sell him while we can now. There's no point in keeping a player who doesnt want to play for us anymore.

To be honest, would rather him go abroad to Barca or somewhere rather than feed those in the top 4 or those around us competing for European places.

Still think Berbatov will sign for United but wouldnt be surprised if he did go to Man City bearing in mind is he is good pals with Petrov apparently and would prove he is more interested in the money.