Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Man City have bid in excess of £30 mil for Berbatov. According to ssn.

Bid accepted by Spurs from Man City
  • Options
    Apparently a New Sheikh is taking over at City which will put them on a par Financially with Chelsea. The club have even announced in a statement of their intent to break into the Chmpions League places this season. Think the Berbatov to City thing is now going to happen now as Manchester Evening news journalist has been on radio confirming it all.
  • Options
    This could sheikh up the big four a bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Apparently a New Sheikh is taking over at City which will put them on a par Financially with Chelsea. The club have even announced in a statement of their intent to break into the Chmpions League places this season. Think the Berbatov to City thing is now going to happen now as Manchester Evening news journalist has been on radio confirming it all.

A posh Bedouin arab would be a Berber Toff......?

(where's my bloody taxi .....?)

;o)
  • Options
    Blimey, former Welling United player Steve Finnan signs for Espanyol on a two year deal.
  • Options
    not much business being done. I guess that the CCC clubs know that they can still loan players after the deadline so maybe happy to wait from next week but still surprised.

Deals so far according to the BBC

John Akinde [Ebbsfleet - Bristol City] £140,000 - Missed out on : - )

Nadir Belhadj [Lens - Portsmouth] Loan - Means Cranie is available

Rachid Bouaouzan [NEC Nijmegen - Wigan] Loan - Never heard of him

Vedran Corluka [Manchester City - Tottenham] £8.5m - No idea

Blerim Dzemaili [Bolton - Torino] Loan - C'mon Torino

Vitor Flora [Botafogo - Liverpool] Free - Headline writers dream

Omar Garcia [Athletic Bilbao - Rotherham] Free Slight culture shock for Omar there.

Ignacio Gonzalez [Valencia - Newcastle] Loan - What happened to our Valencia deal

Miguel Angel Llera [unattached - MK Dons] - Who?

Tyrone Mears [Derby - Marseille] Loan - Bizzare

Karleigh Osborne [Brentford - Oxford Utd] Loan - Yeah, whatever

Roman Pavlyuchenko [Spartak Moscow - Tottenham] £14m - Who was that Russian/Ukranian player who flopped at Spurs? Scored against us in the cup?

Louis Saha [Man Utd - Everton] Undisclosed - Good deal if they can get him fit.

John Stead [Sheff Utd - Ipswich] Loan - Charlton Reject

Javan Vidal [Man City - Grimsby] Loan - Who knows

Gabriel Zakuani [Fulham - Peterborough] Loan - Big drop
  • Options
    "Omar Garcia [Athletic Bilbao - Rotherham] Free Slight culture shock for Omar there."

LOL
  • Options
    "Roman Pavlyuchenko [Spartak Moscow - Tottenham] £14m - Who was that Russian/Ukranian player who flopped at Spurs? Scored against us in the cup?"

Rebrov?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"Roman Pavlyuchenko [Spartak Moscow - Tottenham] £14m - Who was that Russian/Ukranian player who flopped at Spurs? Scored against us in the cup?"

Rebrov?

like taking off tight shoes.

Yes Pavlyuchenko is the new Rebrov. You heard it here first.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Steve finnan has moved to espanyol

http://www.skysports.com
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bubatov 2 Real Madrid £35 million !!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Bubatov 2 Real Madrid £35 million !!!!

This is getting obscene.
  • Options
    £36.5m BBC Transfer Ticker says
  • Options
    Ex Charlton target Collins John has joined Dutch side NEC Nijmegen on a free transfer.
  • Options
    whats 1.5£ mill when ur in the Prem ?
  • Options
    It shows a lack of ambition once again by the board, we should be in for this sort of player ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Bubatov 2 Real Madrid £35 million !!!!

This is getting obscene.

Have to say i reckon he'll end up at United...

Normal transfer deadline drama stuff.

(apparently picked up at the airport by SAF himself..)
  • Options
    City have apparently according to their new owner bid for Berbatov, David Villa and Mario Gomez.

Been described as Brewsters Millions...
  • Options
    the bbc text update is hilarious!

"1718: "Berbatov's missus (who is well fit) has just told Bulgarian TV he wants to win the Champions League this season. This would seem to rule out City."
    Al, Stockport, via text "
  • Options
    Stoke rumoured to be signing Tom Soares from Palace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder how much SAF charged him for picking him up from the airport ? lots of people who retire do cabing but thought SAF would have enough in the bank ?
  • Options
    It's like Peter Risdale circa 2000 has been put in charge of Man City
  • Options
    Just seen the interview with the bloke representing the new Citeh owners - They are definitely going for it!
  • Options
    load of old pony !!! Real Madrid have not made a bid their Chairman says. The Koshers have not given permission for Berbatov to speak to Moan Utd ? so Sir Alex must be cabbing for city then ?
  • Options
    Just think of the bids that city would have made if they had been taken over a few days ago.

The entire Brazil, Argentina, Holland and Italy squads for starters...after all they own the oil. All the oil.

I suppose camel racing just doesn't do it for them these days...
  • Options
    1742: "I'm outside Derby's training ground and I've not seen anything - talent, skill, committment, nothing. I've been here for almost a year."
    Damian, via text on 81111
  • Options
    that one cracked me up too!
  • Options
    "Just seen Rik Waller en route to Anfield - apparently he's the only wide player we can get for 50p."
  • Options
    Citys mob come from Abu Dabi so there is still the Dubai people out there looking and when im in Qatar in a few weeks ill have a word see if anyone has a few 100 £ million to through about.
  • Options
    Good work GH. I'll see if I can find Bill Gate's number in the phone book.

What am I saying, he'll be on facebook won't he!