Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

match thread donny rovers

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    blanked us again...we don't exist
  • Options
    ffs... no pictures thru to ssns yet.... farking northerners
  • Options
    bunch of bstds showed the same goals as b4 the break and still didnt show us i am going to bed see you folks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]blanked us again...we don't exist

yeah but who wants 5 minutes on MOTD unless we're playing one of the big 4 in the premiershit...
    this is real football in this exciting league
  • Options
    they didnt have a reporter there tonight did they so would they had a camera?
  • Options
    Heard a rumour that the carrier pigeon couriering the tape back to London has claimed asylum in Sherwood Forest !
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    cameras at all games in the championship, so there will be pictures, but they're probably being sent by carrier pigeon to sky

too quick for me afka
  • Options
    great win fellas, I am quite new on here as a poster been reading for a while. Used to post on netaddicks.

Anyone know what the goal was like ? Set peice as fortch assisted??

back in the mix now, lets hope we can get a run going, we have a run of winable matches approaching.
  • Options
    Beeb quoting:

"Andy Gray's fourth goal of the season earns Charlton a first win in three at the expense of an unlucky Doncaster."

Beeb often syndicate their reports from local sports reporters ....... who naturally tend to have a jaundiced view over the away side. Same story at Charlton.
  • Options
    Can't make the link work.

Here's the abridged BBC version:

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship Table 16 September 2008 22:02

P GD PTS
    1 Wolverhampton 6 12 16
    2 Birmingham 6 6 16
    3 Preston 6 5 14
    4 Reading 6 6 10
    5 QPR 5 3 10
    6 Cardiff 6 2 10
    7 Bristol City 6 3 9
    8 Charlton 6 1 9
    9 Sheff Utd 6 3 8
    10 Swansea 6 -1 8
    11 Coventry 6 -1 8
    12 Burnley 6 -3 8
    13 Sheff Wed 6 -4 8
    14 Watford 6 -2 7
    15 Doncaster 6 -2 7
    16 Blackpool 6 -3 7
    17 Ipswich 5 1 6
    18 Norwich 5 -1 6
    19 Crystal Palace 6 -3 5
    20 Plymouth 6 -3 5
    21 Derby 6 -3 5
    22 Nottm Forest 6 -7 4
    23 Barnsley 6 -4 3
    24 Southampton 5 -5 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 win ...... and we jump 8 places, just like that!

:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]great win fellas, I am quite new on here as a poster been reading for a while. Used to post on netaddicks.

Anyone know what the goal was like ? Set peice as fortch assisted??

back in the mix now, lets hope we can get a run going, we have a run of winable matches approaching.

Long free kick from inside our half headed in by Gray. Think their goalie's positioning may have been a little suspect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]1 win ...... and we jump 8 places, just like that!

win on Saturday and we'll go top !!!
  • Options
    Thanks Exile, good start in the new white kit too! lets hope that turns out a lucky omen! Up to 8th, and We're bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy! only a point from 4th. This would be a good time to put some wins together. Last season we only had 2 runs both where we won 3 on the bounce. We relaly need to get a good run going now.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS!
  • Options
    Two wins in a row now would be nice. Good to bounce back results-wise from Sat, even if performance sounded very backs to the wall. Clean sheet too, and another Gray goal.
  • Options
    Had a nightmare day at work what with goings on in financial markets but this has set me nicely up for a beer. Great result.
  • Options
    I'm not bothered about the performance, and try to look at the bigger picture.

I'm out the loop, but getting done 3-1 at home is a real kick in the teeth, so to pull away on the coach from a tough midweek encounter with three-points in the bag is a MASSIVE confidence boost, and hopefully something we can build from. This was a win i wasn't expecting.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]"We are going up, we ARE GOING UP!"

Charlie Block, where are you....?

Just got back from the game.
  • Options
    Charlie give us your view of the game. Sounds like a bit of a smash and grab.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IMO Donny didn't really offer that much, especially up front. Defense slightly better than Saturday though it comfortably handled what the opposition threw at them. Definitely deserved to get a second to kill the game off. Generally happier with this performance than parts of Saturday's game. Still concerned with Varney as he is still wasting chances. The last two games suggests he probably struggle to find the goal with Google Earth..
  • Options
    Sounded like it was the defence wot done it apart from Andy's goal of course!

Credit to Jon Fortune for the free kick and probably for a decent performance at the back too.

I know there are some only too eager to dig him out so a bit of praise for him from me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Sounded like it was the defence wot done it apart from Andy's goal of course!

Credit to Jon Fortune for the free kick and probably for a decent performance at the back too.

I know there are some only too eager to dig him out so a bit of praise for him from me.

Len, is Jon the new Kish in your eyes?
  • Options
    Resullt.............. get in............
  • Options
    Off_it ,
    theres only 1 Kish !!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Sounded like it was the defence wot done it apart from Andy's goal of course!

Len, is Jon the new Kish in your eyes?

Only in the sense that he appears to be the scapegoat rather like Kish was and I think it is unjustified.

I'm realistic enough to know that neither are the most talented players we have ever had in their positions but equally neither are as bad as sometimes painted and both always show full commitment to the cause either playing through injury or running until they drop.

Guys like that don't deserve to be scapegoated in my opinion so I will defend them.

Simple as that really!