Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Official Ryder Cup 2008 Thread

Comments

• Options
    hardly choking. Kim is going to go round roughly with a 63. Bo Weekly went out with a 29 !

There is amazing golf being played. Great spectacle.

Anyone know of anywhere showing live streams as i've been booted off the telly for an hour ?
  • Options
    choking he needs the fecking hymlech manouvere to get those greens out of his throat

come on the europeans ffs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Anyone know of anywhere showing live streams as i've been booted off the telly for an hour ?

dude, put your trousers back on!!!

Anyway i am turning this shit off the spastic yank fans are ruining this specticle for me. usa usa arseholes!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]hardly choking. Kim is going to go round roughly with a 63. Bo Weekly went out with a 29 !

There is amazing golf being played. Great spectacle.

Anyone know of anywhere showing live streams as i've been booted off the telly for an hour ?[/quote]

I have hogged the TV since apm, and am not giving it up untill the end tonight!

God, it seems like its slowly slipping away from us, come on Europe (I hate saying that, but today I will).
  • Options
    come on barts how many putts has garcia held all week.
  • Options
    i'm wondering how many of the big boys have really been behind faldo,most made it plain they thought clarke should have been picked and it makes you wonder if they have been truly behind him?
  • Options
    AFKA >> Ryder Cup Streams

You may well need to download Sopcast!
  • Options
    How did Mahan make that put on the 17th?

Pity he found the water on the 18th
  • Options
    bloody yanks :-(
  • Options
    16 1/2 - 11 1/2, worst kicking we've had since 1981 apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No surprise to me. We aint good when we're favourites.
  • Options
    IMO This is the best International sporting event in the world. I used to put the Football WC and Ashes before it but thanks to the USA's determination this year it is now the best and cleanest contest on earth.
    The golf played this week was just fantastic.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i have enjoyed the whole weekends action great golf some great putts especially hunter mahan on the 17th, now i am not so peed off about it the whole american team was so determined to win that perhaps if the europeans had been that single minded they wouldnt have lost, as for westwood saying he has been abused since day one he just made himself look like a man trying to give an excuse instead of admitting he didnt play well enough over the whole weekend.

european players who came out with credit

Poulter

Rose

Karlsson

G Mac

all the rest havent really performed to their peaks there are some saying that the inclusion of Poulter may not have gone down too well in the group but he has out performed all those that may have moaned, those that were picked on merit how many can look at themselves in the mirror this morning and say that they did their best
  • Options
    I still say we should hire a rent a mob crowd for Celtic Manor ;-) in all seriousness we didn't perform,but how strange the yanks have to get a over the top crowd to win, brookline and valhalla the similarity is that both crowds were very very close to being totally unacceptable,my aunt and uncle went to kiawah island some years ago,and my uncle who is usually quite a laid back person came close to slapping a few yanks that year.
  • Options
    charlton life weekend away coming up cant wait to boo boo weekley
  • Options
    boo wan**r
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]boo wan**r

Cringe moment of the evening was when they interviewed him after his game and they said to him "they love you in Europe" - aaarrrggghhh pukey pukey pukey.

I was too busy trying to stop myself throwing something at theTV to hear his response
  • Options
    He said he loved us too, BDL, while learing at the camera, which was most nauseating.

Well done Westwood for outing their unsporting fans. Shame it seemed to get to his game.

Overall it was much closer than the final result and a great weeeknd of drama. If Europe had just got an extra half point from those first eight matches, it would have been fascinating to see if the last four could have come through. I'm not convinced Harrington had it in him. My opinion of him has gone down a lot - especially when he was interviewed BEFORE the start and was saying how tired he was. Not very motivating for the team when your top player is getting his excuses in early.
  • Options
    The 30 footer in Casey's match on the 17th killed it in my opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The 30 footer in Casey's match on the 17th killed it in my opinion.

This 30 footer hot dog?

droppedImage.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    truth is they deserved to win it

Garcia, Harrington and Westwood - on paper our three best players - cost us it - not a single win between them all weekend
  • Options
    So should Faldo captain again in 2010?

I think he could win it back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So should Faldo captain again in 2010?

Defo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So should Faldo captain again in 2010?

Defo.

Didn't think I'd say this before but yes he hs to be given the chance. Players let him down. He got it spot on with Poulter and the tactics for the second day spot on. He desereves the chance to win it back.
  • Options
    He has said thats thats it i thought and he wouldnt do it.

Sandy Lyle is being bigged up by pundits.
  • Options
    Is this the same Sandy Lyle that walked off after 9 holes at the open this year because he couldn't grip the club.After that he should never be given the opportunity to Captain the ryder cup team.The amount of people who go through regional,then final qualifying (and I am talking you local club pro's here) would give their right arm to play.He is a bloody disgrace.
  • Options
    Olazabal would be a good choice or Woosie back as it's on his home soil.

The US must shurely ask Azinger again?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He has said thats thats it i thought and he wouldnt do it.

Sandy Lyle is being bigged up by pundits.

I don't think Faldo's definitely said no - more 'We'll see/ who knows' in the interview I heard.

Especially if Azinger is their choice again, then we have to go for a rematch. Otherwise bring Woosie back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]truth is they deserved to win it

Garcia, Harrington and Westwood - on paper our three best players - cost us it - not a single win between them all weekend

Totally agree, my gripe was with the behaviour of the fans, captain and some of the players, which was totally unacceptable. On the first day my brother said that if the Yanks won it, the gloss would be lost on such a great achievement (and it was), by their behaviour on the course.