Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Beer

Comments

• Options
    Erdinger weiss has been mentioned a few times on this thread, I used to work in Threshers (now wine rack) where we sold another Weizen by the name of Wheinstephaner. Once I tasted Wheinstephaner I couldn't go back to Erdinger.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Erdinger weiss has been mentioned a few times on this thread, I used to work in Threshers (now wine rack) where we sold another Weizen by the name of Wheinstephaner. Once I tasted Wheinstephaner I couldn't go back to Erdinger.

Hearacy!!!
  • Options
    When bitter breached the #3 mark last year it was a sad, sad day.
  • Options
    WTF has happened to Stella? Not the rubbish manufactured over here by Interbrew Ltd but the real one from Leuvan. It's down to 5% ABV and tastes like shit.
  • Options
    "However, a spokesman for Heineken revealed that there would be a "double digit percentage increase" in the amount spent in support of brands through the year."

Aren't you pleased to know that their extra advertising urging you to buy more of their chemicals ....... will
    be paid for by YOU, the mug punter.
  • Options

Heineken, Fosters and John Smiths, I no longer support violent direct action, but if i did, i would probably target that useless over fizzy bunch of fake beers.
  • Options
    Tiger beer. Is wicked.
  • Options
    I had a stunning pint of Otter ale in my village local last night.

Kept beautifully, bitter and hoppy, good natural head.
    Drank in front of a roaring open fire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I had a stunning pint of Otter ale in my village local last night.

here am i on a packed commuter train on my way home from a day in the office. I can't put into words how good your scenario sounds right now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I had a stunning pint of Otter ale in my village local last night.

Oggy - for those of us who have not yet grown sufficient cojones to escape city life for dream living in the West Country, any chance you could keep it down a bit?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]

here am i on a packed commuter train on my way home from a day in the office. I can't put into words how good your scenario sounds right now.

Well, Alex ........ that was last night.

Right now, I'm muddling through my book keeping, desperately trying to get everything in order because my accountant is giving me a hard time. Tax return has got to be in by the end of the month.

So picture me in the tiny home office in my old cottage, sat at my desk, with an electric fire at my feet trying to wrestle with statements, receipts and random diary entries. A salesman I am, but an accountantant I'm not, lol

Which is why I'm proctrastinating and distracted by Charlton Life.

I might just go down the pub and have another pint of Otter standing over that roaring open fire.
    Good luck with the commute, Alex. I spent years doing just that before I saw the light.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]

Well, Alex ........ that was last night.

Right now, I'm muddling through my book keeping, desperately trying to get everything in order because my accountant is giving me a hard time. Tax return has got to be in by the end of the month.

So picture me in the tiny home office in my old cottage, sat at my desk, with an electric fire at my feet trying to wrestle with statements, receipts and random diary entries. A salesman I am, but an accountantant I'm not, lol

Which is why I'm proctrastinating and distracted by Charlton Life.

I might just go down the pub and have another pint of Otter standing over that roaring open fire.
    Good luck with the commute, Alex. I spent years doing just that before I saw the light.

;o)

on another note if you stopped and did it, it will surely get done quicker! as you been on here all day with me posting on every other thread

;o)

my excuse for not getting much work done today also
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You're bang on, Johnny Bev.

I can talk to customers to the cows come home, I can get orders - but when it comes to book keeping, the flame burning inside me gets snuffed out and my spirit dies.

God knows how intelligent people can apply themselves to such mundane mindnumbing tedium.
    And make a career of it.

Meanwhile, back on topic ..... I didn't make it to the pub and the warmth of it's blazing fire tonight, so no pint of Otter for me. But no worries, I've just polished off a bottle left over from Crimbo .....Skinners "Cornish Blonde".

5% strength, hop and citrus flavour bitter.

Skinners is a small brewery near the capital of Cornwall, Truro.
    They also make classics like Heligan Honey and Cornish Knockers.

If you like Tribute or HSD, you'll like Skinners beers.
  • Options
    Otter - fantastic pint, drink it whenever I'm down in Devon.

Youngs Ordinary - I know its sinful to say it but am I the only one to think it's improved since they stopped brewing it at Wandsworth?

Fuller's Chiswick - good session beer.

Basically any decent real ale that isn't freezing cold and full of gas!

In Germany, Warsteiner is a good bet.
  • Options
    Could do with a Kronenburg right now, that would warm me up ;-P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tom Hovi[/cite]
    In Germany, Warsteiner is a good bet.

I respectfully disagree - they have so many fantastic local breweries over there that produce top notch lager, weizen and dunkel beers that there is no need to resort to the big brand stuff at all.
  • Options
    All a matter of personal taste. I happen to quite like Warsteiner when over there.

Having said that, I know where you're coming from Heath and am always prepared to try these local breweries if they're available. Have you tried one called Duckstein? If not, it's worth a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peroni (sorry Off It!)
    Pilsner Urquell
    Bitburger
    Tiger
    Cobra.

are all very nice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Could do with a Kronenburg right now, that would warm me up ;-P

Krony always gives me lager tummy if I drink more than one.

A pint of well kept proper beer - once you get a taste for it ..... the ice cold fizzy chemical stuff seems unpalatable.
  • Options
    Just had a couple of Old Speckled Hens with my dinner, and very nice too.

Not my favourite, not by a long way - but the missus keeps buying it - but it's been in the garage so is nicely chilled without being too cold.

Could murder one of Oggy's Tributes now - or maybe a Doom Bar.

Saying that, a Youngs Special, Pride, Harvey's, Landlord, Fuggles, Tangle Foot, Old Hooky or a Cock a Hoop would also slip down quite nicely I reckon!
  • Options
    Well, I'm off out in half an hour, Offy ....... there's a pint of Otter in the first pub with my name on it!
  • Options
    I was on Belhaven best over xmas. Not my favourite beer or even enough to turn me from my lager drinking ways, but pretty damn good, if anyone's on the east coast of Scotland.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]........if anyone's on the east coast of Scotland.

Is that anywhere near Cornwall .....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, I'm off out in half an hour, Offy ....... there's a pint of Otter in the first pub with my name on it!

F***er
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, I'm off out in half an hour, Offy ....... there's a pint of Otter in the first pub with my name on it!

F***er

You wouldn't be the first person to call me that .....!!
  • Options
    To be fair, I had to re-read your comment as I know what you country folk are like.

I thought you were saying there was an otter with your name on it and was about to call the RSPCA.
  • Options
    Otter with my name on it ...... a Seal of approval, Mr Offy ?

I be proper country folk, born in SE18.......me loverrrrrrr.