Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One week until Palace

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
with one week to go till palace away i really cant wait and think its going to be an amazing atmosphere. But what are your predictions for the result?

Im goin for Palace 1 : 2 Charlton

attendance: 16,798

Comments

• Options
    Palace 0-3 CAFC

Goals from Bailey, Todorov and Varney

assists from (2)Varney and Ambrose
  • Options
    I fancy a high scoring draw 2-2 or 3-3

then I got to walk the gauntlet of the stripeys to get home cos they are nasty people. LOL
  • Options
    how many have we sold?
  • Options
    dont know. everyone has a different figure. airman brown is the man to ask
  • Options
    Airman were are you to set teh record straight on ticket sales
  • Options
    0-2 Reg and The Rock
  • Options
    have just called the ticket office and they said they have plently left, i said so if i left it until before the S Wed game it would be ok and she said yes loads left they dont expect to sell out.
  • Options
    As a fair few of us predicted eh.

I prefer it if we dont sell out anyway, much better if people can stand together etc stops all the infighting.
  • Options
    when we got our tickets, we were given seats not next to each other. When we queried, we were told it didn't matter as it was 'sit where you like'.

Asked to check that with the manager, and said that was correct.
  • Options
    oh that wil be fun as i doubt all will know that and will expect to sit were they want

Hope they put something in the programme
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly I think they are due a result against us, which would make victory that little bitter sweeter. It's a shame that we didn't sell out but the atmosphere will be decent regardless.

I'm quite surprised no nigels have poped up on the forum like last season.
  • Options
    Tickets will go on general sale after the Sheff Wed game on Sat.

We have sold 2,000 so far!! So if we have a good win on Sat and they do go on general sale you never know 3,000 could be a goer??
  • Options
    Seeing as nobody thinks we will sell out, why aren't they going on general sale?
  • Options
    yeah no reason not to go on general sale now
  • Options
    about 1800 sold
  • Options
    pathetic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]pathetic

Stop Moaning Steve we are not playing at the moment :-)
  • Options
    Has to be said it is lame that we cant take 3,000 to our so called rivals.
  • Options
    pay day this week.... i know people going that haven't got their tickets yet. why the rush to buy them all in the first week anyway?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dont buy into that one Suzi, its £30, not £300, cant see why the club havent put them on general sale before Saturday, makes no sense. Our fans would rip the p155 out of the nigels if they brought 1,800 over to us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2500 would be ok.i think we will do it.600 to notts forrest is embarassing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite] 600 to notts forrest is embarassing

it was just under 900
  • Options
    I have maintained for a long time that the away following is something that should be addressed by the club
  • Options
    No it wouldnt, we have one big away game a season and we should sell it out within a few days like Palace do.

There are no excuses, predicted 1800 - 2200 at the start so should be bang on.

Prepare for a piss take from Nigel and Nigella.
  • Options
    WILB - what can be done?

sorry afka - i used the figure given by a fan of ours who went
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I have maintained for a long time that the away following is something that should be addressed by the club
    Yeah, maybe we should force season ticket holders to go to at least 10 away games or they get their ST revoked. jesus!

Whats your proposal WIWLB?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I have maintained for a long time that the away following is something that should be addressed by the club

what can the club do realistically, other than providing freebie travel ?

Our 'collective committment' to our club, simply isn't there like it is is some other clubs, there is no getting away from that. Whether its because we are more price sensitive / wiser to the world / have more things going on in our lives etc compared to fans of similar sized clubs, i don't know.

I just can't understand how nearly 6,000 can go to the lengths of taking days off work, travelling up to Middlesboro for a game that was live on the telly, yet not have the same appetite for a local derby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]pathetic

it's not even that good!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I just can't understand how nearly 6,000 can go to the lengths of taking days off work, travelling up to Middlesboro for a game that was live on the telly, yet not have the same appetite for a local derby.

cos we're ponces???
  • Options
    my thoughts exactly afka. i dont think the club can do much. its up to us. we just dont have the number of 'hardcore' fans that other clubs our size have.