Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One week until Palace

124»

Comments

• Options
    oh happy days
  • Options
    aHHHH .... but I remember when we turned up at WBA having won the league. Was sat in front of 3 old gibbers with a ravel blanket over there laps.

If there was one game we could have had a sing and a dance that was the one
  • Options
    I suspect a few people will buy tickets on Saturday.

I reckon around 2500 will make the trip.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]we went to a game once, and we scored and there was a member of the "don't even stand up to celebrate when we've scored" brigade telling me to sit down!

I'm a member of the "happy to stand or sit whatever depending on where my seats is but if the latter, would like to stand and jump and cheer and maybe make a little noise if we do indeed score a goal"

Bing> agree about at Forest, there were people who couldn't see half the game because the steward had to constantly stand at the top of the stairwell in front of them to check the people were still sitting down - which they weren't. then he had to go back up the stairs, tell them to sit down again and then they sing the old "unfunny" get a proper job song.

My earlier post sounds like I don't recognise the passion which flows from supporting your team. I have absolutely no objection to standing up and cheering when a goal goes in; indeed I'll be leading that one. I have no objection to singing, shouting, cheering or indeed screaming!! I have no objection to standing when the teams come out and when they leave the pitch. Indeed I join in with all those things (well maybe not the screaming). Indeed when I've been to the Festival or Albert Hall, or to The Barbican, I stand to applaud the concert orchestra at the appropriate time. My main and only objection is when people stand in front of those who have an absolute right to sit down to watch the game, especially as standing is not permitted. If you went to the cinema and somebody stood in front of you throughout the film, you'd be justified in asking them to sit and calling the attendants if they dont.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ironic that in a football context rules are made to be broken yet when one questions the enforcement policies of New labour on other threads rules must be kept at all costs :-)

*scratches head and ponders complexity of the human condition*
  • Options
    I'm with ya bing, I wasn't having a pop at you in the slightest as i agree with more or less everything you ever post on here! I agree that those who sit are more in the right than anyone else and should be respected as those are the rules. I wouldn't dream of standing unless I get in my seat at the back and its a better view to stand unless people are stood in front of me and then i just join in as it wouldnt be worth telling them to sit as i'd miss most of the game. i feel sorry for those people that can't physically stand or that don't want to as its an awful position to be in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Ironic that in a football context rules are made to be broken yet when one questions the enforcement policies of New labour on other threads rules must be kept at all costs :-)

You don't actually break the law of the land standing at a football match, that would be a difference
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Ironic that in a football context rules are made to be broken yet when one questions the enforcement policies of New labour on other threads rules must be kept at all costs :-)

You don't actually break the law of the land standing at a football match, that would be a difference

In an all seater stadium you do.
  • Options
    I think it would be fair to assume that next Tuesday will be one of those 'standing' away days such as Palace 2004, Boro 2006, Blackburn 2007, Palace 2007 etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

No you don't, it's not breaking the law to stand in a all seater stadium, as it's not a criminal offence, what it is is breaking ground regulations, as it's a regulation brought in by the Major Government that is enforced by a letter between the Secretary of State and the FLA.

Now I'll get my coat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At 5pm today (Wednesday) i was informed by the ticket office that they still had 1000 tickets left. Apparently a 3K allocation and sold 2K.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite] No you don't, it's not breaking the law to stand in a all seater stadium, as it's not a criminal offence, what it is is breaking ground regulations, as it's a regulation brought in by the Major Government that is enforced by a letter between the Secretary of State and the FLA.

Now I'll get my coat

This is presumably why stewards enforce it rather than the OB?

The defacto position is that non-seated areas are not permitted in the top two tiers of professional football (except those with special temporary exemption). In order to buttress that position, stadia are designed to provide only all seated viewing. There are health & safety issues for clubs to manage and the ground regs are the rules that apply which enables clubs to enforce the sitting down during play or ask people who flout them to leave.

All clubs, including our own, turn a blind eye to some home supporting areas standing during the game. It makes their enforcement position in away areas harder to achieve but notwithstanding this, two wrongs don't make a right.

At Forest on Saturday, apart from the wind up of keep getting the stewards out, those who wanted to stand throughout the game were able to congregate at the back of the area. I have no problem with that provided it's done with consideration of those who want to sit. What I heard though from behind me was a load of gobby, semi-drunken ranting at our "shit fans, who won't sing and get behind the team". Was that after we nearly scored? Was that when the teams were coming out? No that was at least half an hour before the start when many were munching food, reading the programme or chatting among themselves.
  • Options
    I'm glad that's sorted now as to whether you are breaking the law or not.
  • Options
    AAAAAAAny way

All 2,400 of us at spoons before the game then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

No you don't, it's not breaking the law to stand in a all seater stadium, as it's not a criminal offence, what it is is breaking ground regulations, as it's a regulation brought in by the Major Government that is enforced by a letter between the Secretary of State and the FLA.

Now I'll get my coat

All clubs, including our own, turn a blind eye to some home supporting areas standing during the game. It makes their enforcement position in away areas harder to achieve but notwithstanding this, two wrongs don't make a right..

Watching Swansea v Cardiff the other night and pretty much the entire stadium stood for the entire match even along the sides. Imagine the east stand standing!!
  • Options
    Dont knock the East Stand lads they are proper naughty bunch ;-)
  • Options
    nothing would stop me being there tuesday,peoples excuses are laughable,go to the game,stop making lame excuses.well done to those who are going.
  • Options
    going to the Market porter. theres a previous thread on this where i think most agreed to go there.
  • Options
    there was and i for one will be there
  • Options
    are they going on general sale?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All 6 wheelchair places now sold.

And over 2100 others as of a couple of hours ago.
  • Options
    Plenty of time yet. there will be a few people waiting until Saturday as it'll be the first time they've been able to get to the ground. Plus a few will have been buoyed by 2 cleansheets and 4 points on the road. We'll sell out, but it'll be the only time this year thats for sure.

How about including a couple of vouchers for away games with your season ticket. Get a free away shirt with 5 away ticket stubs. Discount off next years season ticket with 10 away stubs. Plenty of things the club could do to try and encourage an away following, all admittedly at a cost to the club but I think the benefits of a more committed and numerous away following would pay for itself with results on the pitch. Get a few more people going to away games and they might start to realise what a great day out it can be and people might not need such encouragement.

I find, as an Addick living outside the South East, that a lot of our fans seem scared to travel north of Watford for fear of getting eaten by a Whippet or something - it ain't really that grim up north.