Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kents vital match latest.

Durham won the toss and chose to field.

Kent are 49 for 2 off 13 overs.

Denley out for a duck and Jones out for 25.

kent line up:
Denley
Key
Van Jaarsveld
Stevens
Kemp
Jones
Mclaren
Tredwell
Arafat
Saggers
Joseph

Durham:
di Venuto
Harmison B.
Smith
Chanderpaul
Beinkerstien
Breeze
Mustard
Wiseman
Thorpe
Harmison S.
Davies

Comments

• 81-2 at lunch.
  • Denley....that's three ducks in a row??!!
  • Is it a must win or does it depend on other results/bonus points?
  • basically theres 5 teams in trouble, surrey seem to be doomed so its a massive tustle to stay up.

1 Notts 15 5 8 2 36.0 40.0 178
    2 Somerset 15 3 11 1 43.0 41.0 170
    3 Durham 15 5 7 3 32.0 38.0 168
    4 Hampshire 15 4 7 4 32.0 44.0 160
    5 Lancashire 15 4 9 2 23.0 37.0 152
    6 Kent 15 4 6 5 29.0 42.0 151
    7 Sussex 15 2 11 2 44.0 35.0 151
    8 Yorkshire 15 2 8 5 45.0 42.0 147
    9 Surrey 16 0 11 5 45.0 36.0 124
  • i am very upset that Yorkshire are playing Sussex. makes it very unlikely your be going down.

Dam
  • If we get maximum bonus points we are safe because of games won.
  • 177-8 Division 2 here we come:-(
  • No batting points then.
  • disgracefull once again, hope for rain now..
  • Sponsored links:

• 190-9 at tea
  • deserve to be relegated really for concentrating on mediocre all rounders in order to try and get one day success
  • Really am sorry........ BOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGGG

What is the point to cricket?

Football is the superior sport...
  • Daz, i know alot of people dont get cricket and find it dull, as a kent supporter myself i have dozed off before during a dull spell in a county match but, cricket is pure and a true sport, its the only sport left where you can walk on the field and have a knock about with your kids without fear of 12 dayglow jacket nazi's dragging you off by the ears during the intervals, you can share a pint with the players after the game without having to fork out 20 grand for director box seats. you can wear your teams colours at an away match and share good banter and warm receptions and not fear for your life. Cricket is England as it should be... i look forward to taking my kids to kent for many years to come.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Daz, i know alot of people dont get cricket and find it dull, as a kent supporter myself i have dozed off before during a dull spell in a county match but, cricket is pure and a true sport, its the only sport left where you can walk on the field and have a knock about with your kids without fear of 12 dayglow jacket nazi's dragging you off by the ears during the intervals, you can share a pint with the players after the game without having to fork out 20 grand for director box seats. you can wear your teams colours at an away match and share good banter and warm receptions and not fear for your life. Cricket is England as it should be... i look forward to taking my kids to kent for many years to come.

Great post Adam.
  • Yorkshire 57-3 bad light stopped play so 1 bonus point to Sussex so far.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Daz, i know alot of people dont get cricket and find it dull, as a kent supporter myself i have dozed off before during a dull spell in a county match but, cricket is pure and a true sport, its the only sport left where you can walk on the field and have a knock about with your kids without fear of 12 dayglow jacket nazi's dragging you off by the ears during the intervals, you can share a pint with the players after the game without having to fork out 20 grand for director box seats. you can wear your teams colours at an away match and share good banter and warm receptions and not fear for your life. Cricket is England as it should be... i look forward to taking my kids to kent for many years to come.[/quote]

Great post Adam.[/quote]

O.k agreed that is a damn fine argument in favour of cricket!
  • No worries Dazzler, hope to see you down in canterbury for a match one day.
  • Somerset all out 202 Lancs 56-4 so 3 bonus points to Lancs so far

Yorkshire 84-6 so 2 bonus points to Sussex so far. With any luck Yorkshire won't get any batting points so as things stand we are probably no worse off than we were before the games started today.
  • adam...what a lovely post....absolutely bang on mate...good on yer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Good stuff Adam.
  • what adam says
  • thanks for the responses peeps.
  • A vital batting point for us.
  • Can't believe people are saying Kent have done crap this year......just because they didn't win anything doesn't mean it hasn't been a herculean season!

Just last week we could have been champions and now we face a relegation battle

Sounds exciting if you ask me
  • 225 all out - could have been worse I suppose.

Yorks 105-6.
  • Hopefully we will get full bowling points and both Sussex and Yorkshire fail to get any batting points.

Do 3 go down?

That Durham team have a very useful batting line up.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Can't believe people are saying Kent have done crap this year......just because they didn't win anything doesn't mean it hasn't been a herculean season!

Just last week we could have been champions and now we face a relegation battle

Sounds exciting if you ask me

I agree...if you take everyhing into consideration we're probably the best 'all round' side in the country...having got to a number of major finals etc....no one other club has collected more than one major trophy and we were in with a really good shout for several.
    We deserved at least one major competition victory for what, on reflection, has been a most enthralling season.
  • Swis it is exciting getting to 2 cup finals and in with a shout of the league title, but sadly it has all gone tits up since the 20 20 final, were in danger of being relegated from the top league failed to get promtion out of pro 40 div 2 due to a few players not giving 100% commitment, so what was a great season has gone badly wrong, as i used before its like middlesbrough when they got to 2 cup finals but were relegated, Charlton and kent are so simular its spooky, kent have plans to redevelop the ground in canterbury but if relegated this will proberly be put on hold. overall its been a good season, back to back 20 20 cup finals and the one day cup final at lords is amazing for a team who over the last 10 years have been poor at the one day game, sadly the county game has sufferd from this, and we still like the mighty addicks are 1 or 2 top class players of having a really great team.
  • Need to strengthen up the batting order, Kemp has been awful this season, Dextor is going, we need a couple of bats who can average 50 and start producing some large Kent totals. Ramps is looking to leave Surrey as he doesn't want to finish his career in div 2, if we stay up sign him up!