Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why aren'tyou going to Palace

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Was really looking forward to the palace game, then a mate suggested to me that I work for him for six months in Guernsey, so I can't make it, had even put in my order for a ticket, although it had not been purchased - gutted!

Comments

• Options
    I get back from France late on Tuesday after four days fishing.

If EuroTunnel sort their s**t out I might yet get there!!!
  • Options
    Lack of money and anxiety about hooliganism.
  • Options
    Already pre booked Oktoberfest before fixtures came out.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I am the CEO of a large charity and its the Finance Committe with a big decision to make..................................and even as I write it I feel its a twatish excuse
  • Options
    im at work and cant get the time off
  • Options
    a) Can't get the time off work

and

b) It's the last week of my team's 6 a side league and we're Champions elect!!
  • Options
    Because I'm Linc.....oh no - I am going- Yeh!
  • Options
    In Bermuda, will have to listen to the commentary at my desk.... oh wait, get me. Commentary? Who am I kidding?
  • Options
    Wife booked a trip away, leaving Tuesday eveing. Gutted. Mind you I have put in an order for a new wife.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Wife booked a trip away, leaving Tuesday eveing. Gutted. Mind you I have put in an order for a new wife.

Do you want to borrow some trousers ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Wife booked a trip away, leaving Tuesday eveing. Gutted. Mind you I have put in an order for a new wife.

Do you want to borrow some trousers ?

Trouble is yours would be too big.
  • Options
    I have my seven year old over for tea and help him with his homework on Tuesday's. Drop him back to the ex at about 7pm so it would be too much of a rush to get over there for kick off.
  • Options
    Cos it's on a poxy Tuesday night!!
  • Options
    Because I have run out of Cheese and that night is the only time I can get to the farmers market.
  • Options
    living in Seville until July, would have been a goer if it wasn´t a midweek, with only 2 flights per day and Ryanair taking the p*** with add-ons left right and centre it´s a non-starter, would have to take 2 days off and even then miss most of the social beers before.

will be different for the return, the day after is a public holiday so will be able to sort that for sure.
  • Options
    I am coming!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I am coming!

Thank God for that! I thought i was on the "would ya" thread!:-)
  • Options
    Had a busy month so financially stretched, things to do, but most of all I refuse to line that orange cnut's pockets
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Cos it's on a poxy Tuesday night!!

I'm assuming that means you have other commitments as surely just because it's on a Tuesday is not a reason to not go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I am coming!

Thank God for that! I thought i was on the "would ya" thread!:-)

Ha ha ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not going to the Palace but some shit-hole over SE25 way.
  • Options
    is this a c/life recruitment drive to get the lurkers to sign up?
    or an attempt to beat the APRAWA thread?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Cos it's on a poxy Tuesday night!![/quote]

I'm assuming that means you have other commitments as surely just because it's on a Tuesday is not a reason to not go.[/quote]

Got to work the day of the game, pain in the arse to get there, even bigger pain in the arse getting home, work the next day! Slag me off as a plastic but I just can't be bothered!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]

Got to work the day of the game, pain in the arse to get there, even bigger pain in the arse getting home, work the next day! Slag me off as a plastic but I just can't be bothered!

I am the same, I just mentioned the cheese thing to get me off the hook.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

I'm assuming that means you have other commitments as surely just because it's on a Tuesday is not a reason to not go.

Well the home game with Palace is a Tuesday too so i hope you can make that.
  • Options
    Cant make any Tuesday night, why cant we play some bloody games on a wednesday
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Cos it's on a poxy Tuesday night!![/quote]

I'm assuming that means you have other commitments as surely just because it's on a Tuesday is not a reason to not go.[/quote]

Got to work the day of the game, pain in the arse to get there, even bigger pain in the arse getting home, work the next day! Slag me off as a plastic but I just can't be bothered![/quote]

Well the home game with Palace is a Tuesday too so i hope you can make that.[/quote]

Don't worry, I won't be missing that one....
  • Options
    Im in Sydney, but by hook or crook I'll be up at 4am to listen somehow
  • Options
    Is it just me, or are there a lot of poor excuses on here?!

P*lace always sell out their allocation at The Valley, why can't we take 3k down there?

Man up and get yerself to the game!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Was really looking forward to the palace game, then a mate suggested to me that I work for him for six months in Guernsey, so I can't make it, had even put in my order for a ticket, although it had not been purchased - gutted!

Excused

[cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Lack of money and anxiety about hooliganism.

Not good enough

[cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Already pre booked Oktoberfest before fixtures came out.

Not good enough

[cite]Posted By: holyjo[/cite]I am the CEO of a large charity and its the Finance Committe with a big decision to make..................................and even as I write it I feel its a twatish excuse

Not good enough

[cite]Posted By: aylesfordaddick[/cite]im at work and cant get the time off

Not good enough

[cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]a) Can't get the time off work

and

b) It's the last week of my team's 6 a side league and we're Champions elect!!

Not good enough

[cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]In Bermuda, will have to listen to the commentary at my desk.... oh wait, get me. Commentary? Who am I kidding?

Excused

Not good enough

[cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I have my seven year old over for tea and help him with his homework on Tuesday's. Drop him back to the ex at about 7pm so it would be too much of a rush to get over there for kick off.

Not good enough

Not good enough
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Because I have run out of Cheese and that night is the only time I can get to the farmers market.

Not good enough

[cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]living in Seville until July, would have been a goer if it wasn´t a midweek, with only 2 flights per day and Ryanair taking the p*** with add-ons left right and centre it´s a non-starter, would have to take 2 days off and even then miss most of the social beers before.

will be different for the return, the day after is a public holiday so will be able to sort that for sure.

Excused

[cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Had a busy month so financially stretched, things to do, but most of all I refuse to line that orange cnut's pockets

Not good enough
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Not good enough

[cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Im in Sydney, but by hook or crook I'll be up at 4am to listen somehow

Excused