Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sheffield Wendy - Match thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    garbage.... good night
  • Options
    Ryan sms's says it was a crap game, terrible performance by us.....shows how the commentators can make an average game sound exciting
  • Options
    Back to last season's form against the worse teams. I'm a Jonah when I listen on the radio, I'm sure. I was just called away as two new customers arrived and was hoping my absence would lead to a goal. Sorry it didn't.
  • Options
    Good night chaps....
  • Options
    We've got to start finishing teams off. The times we've blown a 1-0 lead.
    Where the hell was Moo2 today? Didn't hear any mention of Cranie getting forward
  • Options
    Another miserable Sunday! Goodnight all.
  • Options
    Moo2 out of favour....Pards has Cranie on loan and feels obliged to play him
  • Options
    i just think were rubbish... no teeth,
  • Options
    Moo 2 cant be worse.... and he offers something going forward....
  • Options
    Where is Shelvey?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, how pissed off am I, no way we should have lost that game, gutted!
  • Options
    Moo2 can't defend, I think this has been discussed to death!
  • Options
    one win in five. NOT F***KING GOOD ENOUGH PARDS.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Moo 2 cant be worse.... and he offers something going forward....

He may offer more going forwards than in defence from what I saw of him, but he looked a real threat when we scored four against Reading.

Need to hear from the guys that were there as from the radio it did sound as though Charlton dominated but just didn't finish.

Await the doom and gloom merchants!
  • Options
    Gonna get tanked tonight!
  • Options
    F&*^ it lets fire pards.... just to roll the dice.... oh no we tried that and ended up in a tail spin we are still in.....
  • Options
    Mate, some bloke ran from the halfway line today right through our defence to score, and you'e worried that Moo2 makes the occasional mistake!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We hit the post twice and missed chance after chance - and got mugged twice on the break.

We've got to take our chances !

We never will take chances if Pards keeps picking that muppet Varney
  • Options
    I think overall we have blown it..... were half skint, were fully rubbish, and Pardew is obviously about as inspiring as someone waiting for something better....
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    An unfortunate defeat yes, Im still looking forward to Palace and getting the season back on track. I reckon that 'muppet' Varney might just get amongst the goals again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CHGCHG
    edited September 2008
    I thought the first set of subs worked, Toddy looked useful, and knocking Varney makes me laugh, scored and was unlucky not to score in the second half.
  • Options
    Charlie Block ........That Muppet Varney scored, you Muppet!
  • Options
    Not good enough. A striker is not in the team to score goals... oh, wait a minute... maybe he is...

Fucks sake - why don't we all spend the next two days on this board coating off the only player to score for us today? Of course, if anyone knows a striker that scores every time they get a chance, let us know yeah? Preferably one that doesn't cost any money, will pay for about thirty quid a week and is willing to play for a mid-table team
  • Options
    Spot on Leroy. Some people need to get with the programme, jesus, what do they expect / want our players to produce?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Charlie Block ........That Muppet Varney scored, you Muppet!

True - but still a muppet given missed chance after missed chance.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Spot on Leroy. Some people need to get with the programme, jesus, what do they expect / want our players to produce?

Not lose to tossers like the fowls. And to beat Palarse
  • Options
    So we grind out 4 points away from home and they're criticised for not showing enough ambition. Come the home game we attack and get caught out a couple of times and lose because the EVERYBODY left their shooting boots in the changing room and thats not good enough either. We can't have it all ways, we're gonna lose plenty of games this season for a plenty of different reasons - learn to deal with it with a little humility.

How about backing the players instead of conatantly griping about them? They might not feel so pressured then and might improve.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]So we grind out 4 points away from home and they're criticised for not showing enough ambition. Come the home game we attack and get caught out a couple of times and lose because the EVERYBODY left their shooting boots in the changing room and thats not good enough either. We can't have it all ways, we're gonna lose plenty of games this season for a plenty of different reasons - learn to deal with it with a little humility.

How about backing the players instead of conatantly griping about them? They might not feel so pressured then and might improve.

That's the most sensible post I've seen on here in a long time. We had a situation today where Charlton dominated the game for 35 minutes, were caught our by two sucker punches, and then got booed off at half time. I've no idea what the players must think of our support, but in a time when there is little around in terms of player loyalty, we hardly do anything to endear ourselves to them. If I'd worked my nuts off like that, just to get booed I'd have been right pissed off.

I honestly think half of our fans need to take a reality check. If you want to follow a club with expectactions of winning every game, then support one of the big four where that sort of expectation is realistic. But if you follow Charlton (or 88 of the league clubs in this country), you need to learn that it's not all going to be one smooth ride. You win some, you lose some. Let's look forward to Tuesday.
  • Options
    I think the booing had something to do with a player running unchallenged past 5 defenders for their first goal and then the same thing happening again 2 minutes later.Not to put a challenge in on both occasions was downright disgraceful.We need to learn from our mistakes but unfortunately we don't appear to.