Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(2008 thread) - Everything you need to know regarding Charlton Life and this Sunday's half marathon

Comments

• Options
    Ladies & Gents, not sure if you are all aware, but the official RTTB photos can be found below:

Linky
  • Options
    Count me in for next year, i'm missing the training already so going out for a run tommorow night.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Are you guys serious? I'd love to have another chance to do it... got a year this time, so hopefully long enough to sort the leg out and train
  • Options
    Yep, me too.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd defintely do it again...hopefully be a damn site fitter this time next year and be able to go a lot faster!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]Fair play to all of you, good to see GHE running with the ladies like you style .... wait for one to pass out!

Just been watching the footage from the finish line... take a look at Doyley's video, 11204

And then watch the video for 3685...

Tart

;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    HAHA love it!! good spot Medders. i was getting carried away with TCE's comments about Lycra
  • Options
    im going to sign up for next year. Just to keep the momentum going. Wont do it for charity tho as cant keep bugging everyone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]im going to sign up for next year. Just to keep the momentum going. Wont do it for charity tho as cant keep bugging everyone.

And as AFKA says, there'll probably be another CL charity event next year...
  • Options
    I think Curb_It's pacesetters had broken away a bit too early by the time the race got to Charlton House:

Run to the Beat, Charlton Park
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dunno how i missed these two jokers! they look uncomfortable!
  • Options
    Imagine the chafing...
  • Options
    one of them was wearing a plaster on his hip. to keep him warm!
  • Options
    Can I just add my congrats to each and every one of you that took part. I've always said that you don't realise the effort and didication to get around that sort of distance until you've tried it for yourself. I had a non-running friend who said he wait for me to go past on the Embankment during the marathon. When I didn't see him as arranged I asked him where he'd got to on the day? He told me that he'd waited "...oh nearly 15 minutes after the Africans came through at the front then I thought I must have missed you so I went home". So only about 90minutes too early then.

My point is that many people have no comprehension how much effort's involved but I KNOW just how hard you've all worked to get around and you can all be very proud of yourselves this week. Well done guys and girls.
  • Options
    Legs have felt a lot better today, so have just been out for a two-mile run - much more comfortable than miles 11 to 13 on Sunday, that's for sure.

Am thinking of signing up for next year as well, as it will give me the motivation to keep up the running over the next few months and something realistic to aim for.
  • Options
    Well must admit all the pain has gone and iam up for this next year
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I think Curb_It's pacesetters had broken away a bit too early by the time the race got to Charlton House:

[url=]Run to the Beat, Charlton Park[/url][/quote]

If you had taken a picture from the front you would have noticed the blue visor and WSS'S face.
  • Options
    How much money did CL raise for this half marathon....I'm unable to find the justgiving link.
  • Options
    Well done chaps and chappeses, I've just found the link.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I took the liberty of bumping this Official sticky from the 1st CL half marathon back 2008.

Its time for me to get fitter again in my once a year fitness drive :(

I will be running again this year hopefully joined by as many "Lifers" as we can muster, If we can match the numbers we got in 2008 which those that took part will remember was a great albeit very wet day. Hopefully the we will try and raise a few quid again for Demelza House. If Admin would be so kind give its official stamp of approval to this with all the new members in the last year or so we may get more than two years ago.
    Here's the link if you fancy a go, 13 and a bit miles its easy ;)

http://www.runtothebeat.co.uk/

Edit: Its in September by the way so plenty of time to get fit.

"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be doing this, as will my little brother.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'll be doing this, as will my little brother.

Thats 4 confirmed although I believe Tavern and Kigelia are also taking part so that would take us to 5.
    updated list as of 12/1

3blokes
    RedArmySE7
    RedArmySE3.5
    T.C.E
    Dave Storry
  • Options
    Bumped for Dave Storry ; )

Shame Hillsy wont take part
  • Options
    Yes against my better judgement I'll have another go.

Plenty of time to train for it.....should get under 2 hrs this time !!

:-)

Shame about Hillsy but good news for Greenwich pavements......
  • Options
    I'll start a seperate thread on this later, so we can start a fresh
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]Yes against my better judgement I'll have another go.

Plenty of time to train for it.....should get under 2 hrs this time !!

:-)

Shame about Hillsy but good news for Greenwich pavements......

And that trappy git from Well Hall. You know who you are, and whats with the ageist text messages? W****** ; )
  • Options
    Count me in.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I took the liberty of bumping this Official sticky from the 1st CL half marathon back 2008.

Its time for me to get fitter again in my once a year fitness drive :(

I will be running again this year hopefully joined by as many "Lifers" as we can muster, If we can match the numbers we got in 2008 which those that took part will remember was a great albeit very wet day. Hopefully the we will try and raise a few quid again for Demelza House. If Admin would be so kind give its official stamp of approval to this with all the new members in the last year or so we may get more than two years ago.
    Here's the link if you fancy a go, 13 and a bit miles its easy ;)

[url]http://www.runtothebeat.co.uk/[/url]

Edit: Its in September by the way so plenty of time to get fit.

"[/quote]

Bumped the link for someone?
    It may have been Oggy who seemed to have been talked into taking part.
  • Options
    yep for me 3rd year on the trot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]yep for me 3rd year on the trot

And me.
    Started road running this morning, 5.5 miles in 1hour ten minutes. Well pleased, and down to 14 stone. Yippee.