Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(2008 thread) - Everything you need to know regarding Charlton Life and this Sunday's half marathon

12346»

Comments

• Well just had a bout of noro virus so I'm just about able to run a tap at the moment.But I'm actually looking forward to getting out there and starting up with the training.
    Good on you Ray that's about 5.4 miles further than I'll be able to manage when I start ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    Did my first ever run today. Sport Relief mile. Met Tim Lovejoy, Chris Hollins (who chatted about his time playing for Charlton reserves under Gritt and Curbs) and the great Eddie Izzard. Very, very proud to have completed the run, thanks in part to the Addicks fans cheering me and my (Burton-signed shirt).

(And considering at the start of the year I couldn't haul myself up a flight of stairs without losing my breath and that I've lost 36lb this year, I'm a bit chuffed with myself).
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Did my first ever run today. Sport Relief mile. Met Tim Lovejoy, Chris Hollins (who chatted about his time playing for Charlton reserves under Gritt and Curbs) and the great Eddie Izzard. Very, very proud to have completed the run, thanks in part to the Addicks fans cheering me and my (Burton-signed shirt).

(And considering at the start of the year I couldn't haul myself up a flight of stairs without losing my breath and that I've lost 36lb this year, I'm a bit chuffed with myself).

Well done Chizz, like you said, the buzz you get for completing it is amazing.
    Now you can join me and 3blokes and drag us round for 13 miles, go on you know you want too ; )
  • I'll give it some thought - I feel like my lungs have collapsed after a mile or two, but practice makes near perfect. :-) 2011 for sure, and I expect to run it without stopping. ;O

good luck all running it, fair play, it's alot of effort training up let alone the run itself, hope the weathers kind. :)
  • Another run this morning, managed 6.5 miles before having to stop with a bit of a twinge in a back injury that I am carrying at the moment. : (
  • Another good run out this morning, just over 8 miles in 1 hour 50 minutes. I think I need to map out a 10 mile course and stick to improving my times, and just do one full half marathon a month before the proper race day. I always include the dreaded "Hillreach" about 2 miles from the end of my run, which is fun ; (
  • My next years training included eating a whole Thorntons egg just now. :-)

good luck one and all, it's for a great cause. just remember that while running!!
  • My first road run for 2 weeks after my back injury, I did 6 miles in an hour and 20 minutes. Running the opposite direction than normal to avoid the marathon course and those on their way to Greenwich, and not to be mistaken for last years Masterchef winner in the c-list celebrity race ; )
  • bump, this was 9 years ago today!

we should all meet for a jog next year for a 10yr anniversary
  • I'm grateful I think that I cant see any of Medders or Wilma's pics.

Never again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved it, in a morbid sort of way, ran my first in my 51st year and ran 3 half marathons in the next four years. I wanted to do it again next year as a 60 year old, but. it no longer takes place, apparently because they were heavily criticised over the poor organisation.
  • edited October 2017
    I was just beginning to finally put it all behind me, when someone bumps this thread..... :wink:
    ( it was a cracking day actually :+1: )