Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surely the best tree/cricket ground. Latest Cricket scores; 2009/2010.

Comments

• Options
    yeah - on the bbc website they have got the groups for the cricket 'champions league'
  • Options
    nigel/anyone ....HELP !

Have just discovered that I could go to Edgbaston after all , having originally thought I was Fanny No Mates , and am trying to get 2 tickets for myself & Sir Bob who also came to Beckenham & the Durham match. We are not members and the Warwks site says tickets have sold out.

I've just looked on the Kent site but can't find any up to date info so have re read nigel's post from Tues. Does anyone know whether there are any further members' tickets available or if anyone on here has any unused allocation ? I'm assuming it'll be Sky for me but it's worth asking ( Can't do Hartlepool , so could be looking at a miserable Sat in front of the box )

Many thanks for any assistance .
  • Options
    Quick update...Panic over. Sir Bob has managed to find us 2 tkts from somewhere so will be looking out for other Lifers next Sat after all.

Yippee !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Quick update...Panic over. Sir Bob has managed to find us 2 tkts from somewhere so will be looking out for other Lifers next Sat after all.

Yippee !

I hope you don't go there next Saturday.....................................it's on the 15th!!
  • Options
    Just got back from today's game v Derbys at Canterbury, Fanny - glad you and Sir Bob are sorted. See you there if you are in the Erc Hollies stand, which is where the Kent throng will mostly be. But as Soundas says, do check your calendar before you set out !!!

MOG - I picked up two tks for you from the Kent office today and will put them in first class post on Monday.

Anyone else wanting tkts, Kent will be selling any that members have not taken up from tomorrow morning (call 01227 456886).

If Kent have none left, Sussex CCC were today selling them via their website to non-members and all-comers and reportedly have quite a few left. In fact, it's a BETTER idea to buy them from Sussex - if we eat into their allocation it means more Kent supporters there on the day and fewer Sussex supporters !!!

On today's showing at Canterbury, by the way, I reckon we will beat Derbyshire over the next three days , which will go a good way to ensuring our promotion in the championship. Shame Joe Denly got out to the very last ball of the day, though...
  • Options
    Ooops ! Mea culpa - of course I meant a week on Sat IYKWIM. Just got carried away in the euphoria of getting tickets.

The Valley, Edgbaston, Orient.....such a lot to look forward to !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Ooops ! Mea culpa - of course I meant a week on Sat IYKWIM. Just got carried away in the euphoria of getting tickets.

The Valley, Edgbaston, Orient.....such a lot to look forward to !

The Glades!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Just got back from today's game v Derbys at Canterbury, Fanny - glad you and Sir Bob are sorted. See you there if you are in the Erc Hollies stand, which is where the Kent throng will mostly be. But as Soundas says, do check your calendar before you set out !!!

MOG - I picked up two tks for you from the Kent office today and will put them in first class post on Monday.

Anyone else wanting tkts, Kent will be selling any that members have not taken up from tomorrow morning (call 01227 456886).

If Kent have none left, Sussex CCC were today selling them via their website to non-members and all-comers and reportedly have quite a few left. In fact, it's a BETTER idea to buy them from Sussex - if we eat into their allocation it means more Kent supporters there on the day and fewer Sussex supporters !!!

On today's showing at Canterbury, by the way, I reckon we will beat Derbyshire over the next three days , which will go a good way to ensuring our promotion in the championship. Shame Joe Denly got out to the very last ball of the day, though...

Too optimistic Nigel!

Kent 222-8 81 behind!
  • Options
    Just got back - now 249-8, only 54 behind. Heroic rearguard action from Tredwell.

Still think we can win this. Another 20-25 runs in the morning. Bowl Derbts out for 220-ish before close tomorrow, leaving us 250 to get on the last day.

On the grounds that our top six cannot bat as badly as they did in the first innings (can they?) , I believe we can do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Just got back - now 249-8, only 54 behind. Heroic rearguard action from Tredwell.

Still think we can win this. Another 20-25 runs in the morning. Bowl Derbts out for 220-ish before close tomorrow, leaving us 250 to get on the last day.

On the grounds that our top six cannot bat as badly as they did in the first innings (can they?) , I believe we can do it.

Hope you are right that we can do it. First job is another batting point ie 250 and then take it from there....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Van J any nearer signing a contract? I heard today that there was a rumour doing the rounds that Surrey want him next year with the promise of the Captaincy. Big loss if he does go.
  • Options
    Van Jarsveld has not signed the new contract on offer. Most likely going to Lancashire. Nothing to do with money (although Lancs are undoubtedly offering more than Kent). His wife Jill is from there, they had their first child last year and another is on the way. Her parents still live up north and the only public pronouncement MVJ has made is that his decision will be based on ''family considerations.'' Not too hard to figure what all this means...
  • Options
    Thanks Nigel.
  • Options
    what is the average attendance at Kent for a county game ?
  • Options
    Close of play Sunday:
    Derby 236-4.

Lead by 250.
  • Options
    Derby 297-8 a lead of 311.

It will be tough to get anything out of this one. I just hope we get the draw now!
  • Options
    Derby all out 303.

Kent 1-0 chasing 318.
  • Options
    Kent 26-1 Denly out for 3. Fat Bob and Jones batting.
  • Options
    Needing 318 to win, Kent are 72-1 (Key 40,Jones 25).

SkySports covering Kent games V:
    Leicester (Away) Pro40 Tues.18th August
    Slurrey (Home) Pro40 Thurs.27th August
    & the 20/20 Finals Day August 15th.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    105-1

Key (c) not out 63
    Jones not out 35

need 213 more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    162-1

Key no 95
    Jones no 60

156 to win............
  • Options
    (Super) Kent need another 149 to win...........

Robs got another century and Jones is 62 Not Out.

169-1.
  • Options
    170-1 at tea. 148 needed.

Not sure how many overs are left for the day. 25 would take it to 90 for the day. I have a feeling it is a bit more than 90 in a day in county cricket though.

First priority is not to lose but it might be worth getting to 200 and having a go by sending in Kemp and Stevens if /when Key and Jones go as if they get set they will naturally score fast enough to win it.
  • Options
    Looking like it could be another unlikely victory (shhh!). I make it 148 to win from the last session. Not sure how many overs that is, but Kent are well above any run-rate. Would be a massive result. Would put kent clear at the top of div 2 with a game in hand.
  • Options
    29 Overs to score 148.

We've had 45 and a possible 74 according to the Kent website.
  • Options
    9 off the first...(179-1, 46 overs bowled).

Thought there was normally 32 overs a session in County Cricket ?

Anyway, need 139 more.
  • Options
    Fat Bob out for 110. 187-2. 25 overs left to score 131.
  • Options
    We can play 25/25 ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Has no one mentioned this?

MvJ

apologies if it is elsewhere
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Has no one mentioned this?

MvJHas no one mentioned this?

apologies if it is elsewhere

[cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Van Jarsveld has not signed the new contract on offer. Most likely going to Lancashire. Nothing to do with money (although Lancs are undoubtedly offering more than Kent). His wife Jill is from there, they had their first child last year and another is on the way. Her parents still live up north and the only public pronouncement MVJ has made is that his decision will be based on ''family considerations.'' Not too hard to figure what all this means...

Just about to post the link - great news.