Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life FC vs Burnley supporters, 25th October, Meridian Sports

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Ask the ref about their first very offside goal .....

;o)

Oh dear ....

Sorry, Rick - just being playful. But all the back 4 were convinced at the time.
    If only you'd checked with your lino ......

;o)
  • Options
    I seem to remember the ref saying 'Do not disrespect me' to a player who had questioned one of his decisions which made me smile at the time.
  • Options
    It is interesting reffing a game, because a player will shin a ball out for a throw then argue the toss that he hadn't kicked it, and a player next to me will say yep you got that right ref.

Unfortunately the left back was playing the player onside, yes it may have been nip and tuck but you have to give the advantage to the forwards.

I seem to remember that Gumbo got through on goal from the same sort of decision, but we know what happened there don't we ..
  • Options
    "Unfortunately the left back was playing the player onside, yes it may have been nip and tuck but you have to give the advantage to the forwards."

No I wasn't!
  • Options
    As previously stated ....

Oh per-lease
  • Options
    I Should have added a smiley winky thing!
  • Options
    A big thank you to all who turned out Saturday morning, particularly Riscardo once again for giving up his morning to referee. Really is much appreciated Ric, thank you.

We were very unlucky in my eyes to lose, really didn't have much luck in front of goal, particularly Gumbo which was a shame as he worked so hard. Everyone gave their all and i hoped enjoy it. Its not to be taken serious and just a way of getting people together and to do something different before a game.

The turnouts for the two games so far have been fantastic, but i'm afraid we may need to do something a little different in future, perhaps try and select a squad from those available, because promising 18-19 players, some who play in the same positions, equal run outs is proving particularly difficult to administer and uncohesive.

Will let you all know when we have any future games planned, but likely to be in the new year now.
  • Options
    Didn't help having to carry my centre midfield partner for the 1st 20 minutes though. ;-)
  • Options
    Didn't help having an oxygen shortage for the 1st 20 minutes though. ;-)
  • Options
    Really enjoyed it lads, was played in great spirit and we were very unlucky with the result. Good to meet up with another couple of new faces.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The spin you guys put on a defeat!!
  • Options
    "We did NOT lose,
    we came 2nd.........."
  • Options
    ps. RedarmySE7 scored a cracker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]The spin you guys put on a defeat!!

We learn at the feet of the master ......... just click on the OS.

;o)
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Thye been listening to Pardew too much especially Randy Andy.
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

We learn at the feet of the master ......... just click on the OS.

;o)

Git beat me to it LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Quote: "The turnouts for the two games so far have been fantastic, but i'm afraid we may need to do something a little different in future, perhaps try and select a squad from those available, because promising 18-19 players, some who play in the same positions, equal run outs is proving particularly difficult to administer and uncohesive."

I'll do my bit to help" I'm offically retired" I spent yesterday and most of today in agony
    I know it will surprise a few of you after my performance saturday, but I cant do it anymore ;-(
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Not sure how Bob Bolder is doing but I definately done my hamstring Saturday out for three or four weeks now :-(
  • Options
    Not good news, Ketters - you should have listened to your body. We could a;lways have got AFKA to play the last 10 at centre half.

How's Doyley's knee?
  • Options
    GHE's knee was good enough for him to score an own goal on Sunday !

Gerry missed yesterday, but hopes to be back for next weekend.
  • Options
    Cheers for that AFKA :o) managed an MOM display though and the knee was all good thanks Oggy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I need to apologise my 15-20 minutes were Gash!
  • Options
    I'm a bit stiff today too. Played 7 a side at goals last night and we were a man short.

Still won but could just about breathe at the end!!
  • Options
    After Sat i which i could say i was carrying a knock!!!

That left back had a bit of speed on him : )
  • Options
    "That left back had a bit of speed on him : )"

I wish I'd known. I'd have nicked a bit to keep me going!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Cheers for that AFKA :o) managed an MOM display though and the knee was all good thanks Oggy.

Good news that the knee held up, GHE ....... bit worried with both you and Ketters limping, that you'd needed to rely on my pace, ha ha.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I need to apologise my 15-20 minutes were Gash!

Some good touches, Dazzler. You'll have Pards checking you out soon.
    He's always on the lookout for non-league talent.

;o)
  • Options
    Its nice to see I'll be missed. ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Its nice to see I'll be missed. ;-(

which one was you again ??

:-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]ps. RedarmySE7 scored a cracker[/quote]

Was a fantastic goal.

I'm sure if the game was played on a level pitch the scoreline would have been different.
  • Options
    Was a bit gutted with the one that hit the post, think we were only 1-0 down at the time and i'm sure we would have gone on to win the game.