Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The aborted takeover - Describe your feelings thread

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
For me, it's a bit like seeing your numbers come up on the lottery only to discover that you haven't bought a ticket...gutted

It's a bit like seeing the job of your dreams. Sending off your CV, getting call to invite you for interview. Doing well, thinking the job's in the bag only to get the call saying 'sorry, but we've changed our minds on the direction we want to go in and the job's no longer available'...gutted.

Comments

• Options
    yep, the same. Only we will get the piss taken out of us and the press was right ---- that dont happen re your lotto numbers.
  • Options
    Like being told the fit girl at school fancied you, only to make a move at a party to find it was nothing more than a wind up by your mates... you know everyone in the school is laughing at you
  • Options
    It was an opportunity that the board tried to make happen and it didn't work out. Good luck to them for trying.

Our position hasn't changed, we are in relegation form and need to turn it around. Let's work with what we've got and forget about a night in shining armour solving all our problems.

I still love Charlton Athletic Football Club.
  • Options
    We could well be playing Dagenham in the league next season, Elliot in goal, Solly at right back, Wright and Shelvey in central midfield.

At least we know Dickson can score goals in League One.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I still love Charlton Athletic Football Club.

ditto... even though they wind me up....
    we can only but dream of premiership football returning to the valley but we live in hope!
  • Options
    I was more nervous and a bit anxious than excited when i first heard about it. Then the more I thought about the financial security it could bring, the more I started to dream. Suddenly ridiculous stuff like getting Baby Bent back, loaning Beckham, getting into the Prem, getting into Europe, getting to a Cup Final didn't seem so ridiculous anymore.

Now its back to earth with a bump.

Will teach me to believe the optimists ;-)
  • Options
    a large pain in my head,a thumping pacey feeling to my heart,tears rolling down my cheeks,while lying dormant on my bed in the foetus postion,door locked reflecting on myself and my beloved charlton,while listening to radio head.
  • Options
    Actually feeling alittle numb.Just wrote for Saturdays fanzine and suprised myself how unsuprised I was when I first read about "Zabeeel" pulling out. Was thinking of avoiding it but, will have to go to the "Axe" and face those Palace supporters sooner rather than later.
    Onwards and upwards !
    C'mon you Addicks !!!
  • Options
    Never really thought it would go through anyway, so not bothered.

Doesn't matter what league we're in, it's still Charlton, I still love the club, I'll still have a drink and a laugh with my mates before (and often after) games, I'll still be proud to say I'm a fan at work amongst a sea of wanky plastic manure & chelski fans.

Oh, and we'll still be sh*t!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm relieved it's all over now and we know where we stand. I had a feeling it was going to fall through, usually these things don't take a few weeks to sort out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What takeover?
    Have I missed something?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It was like turning up to a blind date and meeting a gorgeous bird and thinking......what a result I have had here. The night is going well you are making her laugh, she has a great job and is loaded. Your thinking blimey its Christmas soon I wonder what she is going to get me, how could my poultry little gift compare. You go to the toilet, see the condom machine and you think.....yes I have been waiting for a night like this for years! She is amazing and she has laughed at every word I have said! You look in the mirror and dream the unexpected of a night of passion with quite possibly the fittest bird you have ever seen. You walk out and swagger over to your table.

You look down and see a silver dish with the bill and an empty chair. The waiter looks over and says sorry mate she just ran out are you paying card or cash?

CRASH......back down to earth!

P.s this has never happened to me 
  • Options
    hmm, a"little" toooo much knowledge about this methinks !
  • Options
    Relieved that all the speculation has come to an end but at the same time gutted that the deal hasn't come off.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I had mixed feelings but allowed myself to get excited, hey why not we shouldn't blame ourselves for that. Football is all about hope and dreams. But perhaps its better to have true fans of the club as owners rather than some monied foreign interest who wanted a trophy or a money spinner.

I'm working from home today, I just tidied up my step daughters room (in my tea break) and at lunch time I will go and cut the grass, and walk the perimeter of my humble dwelling. Then later after the day is done I will turn my attention to the study which I will shortly hopefully need to redecorate in pink or blue. Puts it in perspective.
  • Options
    Sod it !!
    going to pub.
  • Options
    Gutted..but bollox to it ,it's in the past now and we can't change it so let go and look to the future whatever it may hold for Charlton Athletic...see you on Saturday Ladies and Gents.

UP THE ADDICKS!!! :)
  • Options
    How was "young" addick (jnr) at Cardiff ?
  • Options
    I don't think I have ever been so disappointed.

As Portugal's CAFC "representative" I now face the same question fifty times, they will be queuing up to take the piss, and I have to smile benignly and shrug my shoulders.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]How was "young" addick (jnr) at Cardiff ?

He enjoyed it he said he loved football :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After watching that ?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]After watching that ?

;-)

I know,he's got a screw loose just like his dad ;)
  • Options
    I was trying very hard not to get too excited about the news. I'm certainly a pessimist when it comes to Charlton, but I do feel sick to my stomach.
  • Options
    These things happen.

Feel a little disappointed about the whole non-deal, but we are where we are with the current squad and manager and now have to do our best to get out of the predicament we find ourselves in.

Chins up, heads held high and sing your hearts out for the Addicks!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
  • Options
    I seem to be the only one on the board not gutted. Football as a plaything of the rich, not having to pay it's way, has no future IMHO. Give me mid-table obscurity, with the occasional brush with play-offs or relegation. Every so often we might get to play with the Big Boys and with a better manager than at present might do a "Hull".
  • Options
    As I'd got used to the idea and was quite positive about it all so long as certain things were in place (currnet board members etc) I'm disappointed.

However if we believe what we're told, this is the second football club this lot have dabbled in, given strong positive signals to, only to walk away. Do we really our club in such hands? I certainly don't.

Tough times ahead friends but the club remains CAFC through and through, which can only make us stronger.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]How was "young" addick (jnr) at Cardiff ?

He eats more than his Dad, which is saying something..............
  • Options
    Have heard that if the take-over falls through, we'll more than likely going into administration by xmas.
  • Options
    not possible, After !!
  • Options
    gutted beyond belief