Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The aborted takeover - Describe your feelings thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Disappointed. The club could have done with a boost after a few bad years. Now the deal is dead we are still left with the same under performing team and manager and with no investment available for the team.

Let's just hope they can start performing now.
  • Options
    Shell shocked and gutted.

Wished they'd never fluttered their eyelashes at us in the first place...
  • Options
    I feel pissed off, desperately wanted us to be the lucky ones after all, everything today seems out of focus and disorientating at the moment a sense of vacuousness.... we will overcome though of that I am convinced
  • Options
    Galvanized....We are Charlton, lets get on with it.............
  • Options
    We've had many false dawns, surely we must be used to it.

Oh well, its something else we say about our unique club that for two weeks we were close to becoming mega rich,
    only to have the majic carpet pulled from under us.
  • Options
    I could describe how I feel but quite a few here will have a go at me and think I am out to wind them up.
  • Options
    [cite]I doubt very much that is was the club's decision to announce rather than Zebeel's. .

The decision was made to announce because the Club was going into Due dilligence with zaba daba doo, and it is under stock exchange rules that they have to announce anything that will materially affect the value of the company shares. On the same basis, it would have been nice if thya coul;d have kept quiet and let the whole thing dissapear into the ether, but the stock exchange rules requires the club to announce it.

Personally I hate all this money going into Clubs, but if there was money about then I could not think of any where better than our account and feel very despondent about our future.
  • Options
    Funnily enough, right at the moment I feel great pride in being an Addick.

I gutted as the next initially BUT reading some of the posts on here tonight has reminded me just why I love this club. Nobody outside the club has EVER given us a hand up, the media just want us to go away and the FA always treat us like an irritation. All my life people have asked me "why Charlton?" but at the same time many rival fans have alway had a grudging respect IMO for what we, together, have achieved.

We got where where did by sticking together, never excepting defeat, on or off the pitch and supporting CAFC through thick and thin. Those times are back so balls to the lot of them - whatever happens next is going to be in OUR OWN HANDS.

C'MON YOU REDS...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Funnily enough, right at the moment I feel great pride in being an Addick.

I gutted as the next initially BUT reading some of the posts on here tonight has reminded me just why I love this club. Nobody outside the club has EVER given us a hand up, the media just want us to go away and the FA always treat us like an irritation. All my life people have asked me "why Charlton?" but at the same time many rival fans have alway had a grudging respect IMO for what we, together, have achieved.

We got where where did by sticking together, never excepting defeat, on or off the pitch and supporting CAFC through thick and thin. Those times are back so balls to the lot of them - whatever happens next is going to be in OUR OWN HANDS.

C'MON YOU REDS...

Right on.
  • Options
    Part of me is perhaps slightly pleased that we've still got 'our' Charlton, but it is tempered by the prospect of the financial hole we seem to be on the verge of falling in to.

Henry's words about having to make 'huge cuts' in the budget next summer is the worst part of the whole situation.

It perhaps wouldn't be so gloomy if we had a few players left that we might be able to cash in on, but we don't.

Ambrose - last year of his contract, so could go on a free.
    ZZ - as above
    Gray/McLeod/Varney - yeah right...

At least before we had a few assets to help balance the books, but the way I'm looking at it now, our parachute payments have gone on players who at the moment aren't worth anything like what we paid for them, and who are unlikely to attract many bidders.

Never mind. We're Charlton - we'll survive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]I could describe how I feel but quite a few here will have a go at me and think I am out to wind them up.

"Ecstatic" I would imagine. You'll probably dine out on this in a metophorical sense for years.

In actual fact I doubt that you could describe how you feel. You'd need a brain for that.
  • Options
    I was in true footballing terms "sick as a parrot" this morning but now I'm "over the moon" with some of the brilliantly uplifting posts on here both heart-felt and witty. It's on days like this we remember why we love this club, why the adversity makes us stronger, why they'll never break that or take that away from us.

Charlton Til I Die!!
  • Options
    Glad I'm in Canada, where Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea appear to be the only 4 teams in England. Nobody knows here, nobody cares.

Honestly it seemed to good to be true...working in sales I have learned never to get too excited until the money is in the bank.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "I feel like I have met the woman of my dreams, attractive, funny and with a great body."

Been there done that

Only answer ...

Smirnoff!
  • Options
    I am scared for the financial future of this club.....isn't this Hemmings guy on the board one of the richest guys in the UK ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Funnily enough, right at the moment I feel great pride in being an Addick.

C'MON YOU REDS...[/quote]

This is such a great post Les and yes Im quite sure that every single one of us has been asked "why Charlton" at some stage. The gruding respect Will continue and thats largely due to fans such as yourself. I just hope that the same Pride continues and that we have new songs to sing, and thats all I would ever ask.
  • Options
    Hemmings isn't on the board and had a very small number of shares. He also has shares in Preston and to the best of my knowledge, has no interest in owning or investing in Charlton.

He is very rich.
  • Options
    Today, I am back to where I was two weeks ago. I just keep looking at the stock market with my head in my hands worrying about how much money I'm losing. Zabeel Investments, who the F**k are they anyway?
  • Options
    very rich people who decided for a unknown reason to do a u-turn when many people thought that if due diligence didn't throw anything up (and they say it didn't) the deal would go through.So why why why
  • Options
    im a bit fecked off that everyone now knows how much debit were in but was watching Dave Whelan on SSN the other day and he said Wigan had 20m debit as well, i know there in the prem but he said 20m was nothing compared to the rest of the league and most championship clubs so were not in that bad shape, somthing might still happen just not till the world sorts its self out. we will be ok, we started making plans last summer for the future so that cant have changed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont think them plans included a relegation fight though ;-)
  • Options
    don't worry we can't go down while we're still 5th (bottom)
  • Options
    Not bothered at all. Nobody should have got thier hopes up, more fool the people that did.

I still love Charlton and always will no matter what.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]im a bit fecked off that everyone now knows how much debit were in but was watching Dave Whelan on SSN the other day and he said Wigan had 20m debit as well, i know there in the prem but he said 20m was nothing compared to the rest of the league and most championship clubs so were not in that bad shape, somthing might still happen just not till the world sorts its self out. we will be ok, we started making plans last summer for the future so that cant have changed.

Think most of the debt is for the money the board put in to stop us going into administration. Is that only paid back when we can afford it, and not all at once? Seems to be £14-15m.

Chappell has said today the rest is a £6m mortgage, so thats not too bad.