Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The aborted takeover - Describe your feelings thread

Comments

• Options
    not bothered...
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]Have heard that if the take-over falls through, we'll more than likely going into administration by xmas.

And you heard that where ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]Have heard that if the take-over falls through, we'll more than likely going into administration by xmas.[/quote]

Think that is bull personally.
  • Options
    one positive note is that at least Dennis Wise won't be pitching up at The Valley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Afternoon Delight[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]How was "young" addick (jnr) at Cardiff ?

He eats more than his Dad, which is saying something..............

He's a growing lad :)
  • Options
    In a way it's a shame as it would have been a whole new adventure.

however

It means we are still the same old Charlton that I grew up loving and we will rise from the ashes once more.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS
  • Options
    Oddly relieved and disappointed at the same time.

Relieved that if they had taken over they would have put the prices up and Dad had threatened that if they did that excessively he wouldn't go anymore. Other similar sized clubs supporters would mock us for buying our way out of the division.

Disappointed for the Directors but as a fan I went from worried to excited to worried when I'd first heard the news of the takeover. The more speculation just increased my concern. So as someone said earlier think numb kinda sums it up.
  • Options
    A little disappointed.
    Resigned to it.
    Releived that I don't have to waste any more effort thinking about it anymore.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]one positive note is that at least Dennis Wise won't be pitching up at The Valley[/quote]

How d'you know that short-a%*e little tw*t isn't already there ?
  • Options
    I feel like I have met the woman of my dreams, attractive, funny and with a great body. Yet upon taking her home I discover her "secret" and bail as swordfighting is not my idea of fun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted in the most extreme. Fearful of the future. Not hopeful. Despondent, Fecked off,
  • Options
    now realised that my son will be home from school in two hours and I'm going to have to break the news. He will be gutted as he was so excited despite my attempts to say "wait until it happens".

Oh fuck I hate today.
  • Options
    I've always been fairly anti foreign investment, so was in two minds about the Zabeel offer to begin with. However I was gradually coming round to the idea, given the emphasis on our community work, the suggestion that Richard Murray would remain involved and the implication that we were going to go for gradual development rather than buying up big money players left, right and centre. So my initial reaction is *shrug* "oh well, back to the drawing board". I'm disappointed for Richard Murray, and a bit worried about the financial future of the club, but we're just going to have to get on with it, aren't we?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We as adults can take the comments from Plastic Prem fans that we work with / know... It's the youngsters that I'm feeling for at the moment, going into school after hearing the news 2 weeks ago must have been great for them with no doubt half the school kids also being plastic prem fans. I'm only thankful that my niece is only nearly 2 so no explaining to her just yet..
  • Options
    Totally gutted, thought we were going to live the dream in our lifetime, but as it has been said on here before we never had it so lets just get on with what we have.

Once the p155ing taking has all died down and we have watched the arabs buy into Everton and in three years wotch the toffees lift champions league trophy we will then start to get our head around it, come on lods and lasses lets not be bitter.

bloody arabs
  • Options
    Not really bothered, sick of every conversation regarding football these days ending up about money, I want to get back to the days talking about great games, goals, tackles, atmosphere. I want to see a team that cares and gives it a good go each week, win, lose or draw. I didn't want a load of players being shipped in coz were paying more that the team down the road. Anyone think Robinho gives a flying one about man City? Was there ever a reality of playing champs league fottball, NO, UEFA cup absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    Always felt it was too good to be true & as soon as it wasn't done in the first week you just knew it wasn't going to happen.
    Disappointed the club made an annoucement that has raised people's expectations. Think the club is in serious trouble financially. The economic world hasn't enough in 2 weeks to put them off !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Greenster[/cite]Always felt it was too good to be true & as soon as it wasn't done in the first week you just knew it wasn't going to happen.
    Disappointed the club made an annoucement that has raised people's expectations. Think the club is in serious trouble financially. The economic world hasn't enough in 2 weeks to put them off !

Sorry but that is so wrong.

I doubt very much that is was the club's decision to announce rather than Zebeel's. The first week didn't mean anything. Man City took three.

I agree that the economic downturn seems an odd reason to give but that is what they have said.

I personally don't think the club is in serious trouble financially as the debt in owed mainly to the PLC directors via the bond issue from last summer.

Will we have to make huge cuts in the budget when the £11m parachute money goes. Of course we will. And that means most of it will come from the largest budget cost: the playing squad. So get ready to see plenty of sales and few purchases. But Bristol City seem to have built a decent side on that sort of income.
  • Options
    wouldn't sales imply we have anything worth buying, I can see us having only the youth/reserve team left having had to sell the first team at a pittance... sorry to be gloomy.

:)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]wouldn't sales imply we have anything worth buying, I can see us having only the youth/reserve team left having had to sell the first team at a pittance... sorry to be gloomy.

:)

No be gloomy cos I don't think it will be pretty and maybe the club need to start managing expectations cos if we don't go up last summers sales will look like a spending spree.

But, just but, the kids will be good and maybe, just maybe, the season after we will start to see some of Ivory coast boys come over and shake it up and maybe I will win the Euromillions on Friday : - ) or should that be : -(

LLL&BH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how much is on? 70 mill would do for a bit..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]how much is on? 70 mill would do for a bit..

Don't know but if we all buy a ticket and promise to put 50% into the club
  • Options
    sounds like a sound financial proposition
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]sounds like a sound financial proposition

That's what the bloke at Lehman brothers said when he told me about it.
  • Options
    http://www.bannedsystems.co.uk/thelotterysite/resultseuro/euro2006.htm

21m up for grabs, not worth it?
  • Options
    I feel like i've not had sex for five years, yet out of nothing i get chatting to a chick on the net who starts sending me utter filth. After a few weeks we agree to meet up, she's gorgeous and i can't believe my luck.

and then she drops her draws and i discover she's carrying man tackle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]http://www.bannedsystems.co.uk/thelotterysite/resultseuro/euro2006.htm

21m up for grabs, not worth it?

If it was £25m I might get out of bed but £21m! Fecking insult that is
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Johnny Aah[/cite]I feel like i've not had sex for five years, yet out of nothing i get chatting to a chick on the net who starts sending me utter filth. After a few weeks we agree to meet up, she's gorgeous and i can't believe my luck.

and then she drops her draws and i discover she's carrying man tackle.

I never thought of it like that.

And I'm glad I didn't you sick pervert : - ) LOL
  • Options
    Feel a bit like the day we signed Dennis Rommedahl.After all the speculation it finally happened.And look how that turned out!

Cheer up and let that be a lesson to you all.
  • Options
    We're still the Charlton that I've always known. Let it be.

Stone, 0800, Costa Rica.