Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Pardew at NWKent Addicks - 6th November

Comments

• Options
    Ok granted exagagerated, but it still doesnt alter the fact that fans are leaving at half time, if its 1 or 10,000 is still shouldnt happen
  • Options
    Although i agree with nearly all the comments about pardew and his record for us I think he is simply being the average football manager. How many admit defeat and walk away, other than Keagan? They are so up themselves that they always believe they can achieve anything, he probably simply feels he can get us out of this and then promoted. If he gets the sack he will point to the factors that made, in his mind, the job impossible
  • Options
    Genuine query where else do they have these meetings?
  • Options
    top of the thread mate.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Genuine query where else do they have these meetings?

I think NW Kent just have them in NW Kent ; - 0

CIty Addicks have a meeting next week with Richard Murray which will be excellent as he is always good value and Bromley Addicks had one last night and has another three or four planned for this season.

Other than those three I don't think there are any other active groups having these types of meetings.

Something for the Fans' forum and the Club Development Officer to sort out IMHO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Genuine query where else do they have these meetings?

Richard Murray is at the City Addicks next week, as it says in the City near Cheapside.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Although i agree with nearly all the comments about pardew and his record for us I think he is simply being the average football manager. How many admit defeat and walk away, other than Keagan? They are so up themselves that they always believe they can achieve anything, he probably simply feels he can get us out of this and then promoted. If he gets the sack he will point to the factors that made, in his mind, the job impossible

If you were in a position where you got £2M for getting the sack, or £0 for resigning, which do you think you'd be shooting for. It's nothing to do with self love, it's financial logic that drives the behavious.
  • Options
    Fair play to him anyway. Whatever we think about the team's performance, he was a Charlton player that did well in the shirt and he came in as the manager as a result of massive popular demand, so it's hard not to think about how all of this must be affecting him as a human being. Will be interesting to see if those happy to put forward their position on message boards and from the safety of the north stand, will have the nuts to look him in the eyes and say it to him face to face.
  • Options
    Blimey - all this for a supporters club meeting!

OK - so here's the latest news - He's not coming - Steve Rider that is ;)

Unfortunately Steve is "stuck" at Mclaren HQ with Lewis Hamilton all day tomorrow - Tough life eh Steve??! For the record, he was kept up to date in the pitlane on Saturday in Sao Paulo by a Barnsley supporting Journo who was rubbing his nose in it!

So yours truly will be hosting the event ably assisted by Killersbeard!

In all the years I have done these events nothing has ever been off limit. I think AP rightfully expects the "awkward" questions to be asked.

All we ask is that everybody acts as you would expect a Charlton fan to act, with dignity and respect.

In answer to the earlier question about recording - I did ask if we could record the meeting or Charlton Live. The Club, not Alan, asked us not to. Rightfully they said that we hadn't in the past so why should it be any different now? I'm sure that those fellow Lifers who attend will report back tomorrow night.

Camera's aren't banned - but again, we do ask that no video footage is taken as happened at a previous meeting held at the Valley.

Hope that's OK with everyone. I'm really looking forward to it, should be interesting. Don't forget to introduce yourself, unless you're Charlie Block!!! ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Blimey - all this for a supporters club meeting!

OK - so here's the latest news - He's not coming - Steve Rider that is ;)

Unfortunately Steve is "stuck" at Mclaren HQ with Lewis Hamilton all day tomorrow - Tough life eh Steve??! For the record, he was kept up to date in the pitlane on Saturday in Sao Paulo by a Barnsley supporting Journo who was rubbing his nose in it!

So yours truly will be hosting the event ably assisted by Killersbeard!

In all the years I have done these events nothing has ever been off limit. I think AP rightfully expects the "awkward" questions to be asked.

All we ask is that everybody acts as you would expect a Charlton fan to act, with dignity and respect.

In answer to the earlier question about recording - I did ask if we could record the meeting or Charlton Live. The Club, not Alan, asked us not to. Rightfully they said that we hadn't in the past so why should it be any different now? I'm sure that those fellow Lifers who attend will report back tomorrow night.

Camera's aren't banned - but again, we do ask that no video footage is taken as happened at a previous meeting held at the Valley.

Hope that's OK with everyone. I'm really looking forward to it, should be interesting. Don't forget to introduce yourself, unless you're Charlie Block!!! ;)

I heard AP had asked for Charlie Block to be there to divert some of the attention from himself, working myself but would throw a sickie if CB was going ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlie Block a bigger draw than Pards .....?
  • Options
    So BDL are you saying that everything said tomorrow can be repeated here becoz i know the bromley boys don't like the RM meeting repeated on the message boards?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Richard Murray is at the City Addicks next week, as it says in the City near Cheapside.

ummm god knows where that is! I'm just a borderline Surrey/West sussex boy ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

ummm god knows where that is! I'm just a borderline Surrey/West sussex boy ;o)

get a train into Cannon Street and it's a five minute walk. Doesn't go on too late so you'll easily be able to get a train home from Ldn Bridge. Will be worth it, RM is always good value. Plus you get to meet us lot !!
  • Options
    ooh i am so tempted!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Can you change it to the 11th as I fly to Vegas on the 12th.

Thanks.

;-)

I'm With WSS here not to Vegas but that is 5-aside cup final night nooo!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Having never been to any of these before do they usually start on time?

I've gotta get up from Hove and have to join as well, should get there just after 8, will that be too late?
  • Options
    Here's one for you BDL, would be interested to hear Mr P's thoughts on this concept:

Rednapp on Blissett
  • Options
    slightly taken the sting out of tonight with his comments on the OS, will be interesting to see how it pans out now.
  • Options
    Good luck, Large!

Yes, I just said somewhere else it's not a bad interview to be fair, and a definite hint of contrition:

"We know we've disappointed and let people down this year, and we now need to put that right...The criticism doesn't go unnoticed, of course it bothers me. I want the fans to respect me more than anything."

Whether that amounts to anything or is the same-old-bs-with-new-added-fake-humility you are not going to be in a position to know tonight as we're going to have to wait until Sat afternoon to find out...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IS there a bar? and is there a post code so i can stick it in in the sat nav? If the missus agrees to drive us down there.
  • Options
    Read back young man, read back.

And yes there is a bar!
  • Options
    Reid back?

Andy Reid ....... yay!

;o)
  • Options
    Don't give him too easy a ride, you lot, will you? ;-)

Remember how angry and upset you were on Saturday...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Reid back?

Andy Reid ....... yay!

;o)

Stick to your pasties ;)
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Weegie wrote:

"Don't give him too easy a ride, you lot, will you? ;-)
    Remember how angry and upset you were on Saturday..."

yes, you can see why any manager would want to do these things towards the end of the week rather than the beginning - ie. when fans are dreaming about the hope of possible points at the coming weekend and reluctant to upset the apple-cart , rather than brooding over their anger and disappointment of the previous Sat.

If it was my meeting, I'd open it with a short x-rated film of those three Barnsley goals just to remind people !
  • Options
    Mental Cricket

Was looking for a map, found this made me chuckle..
  • Options
    will report back later, let's hope the beer doesn't addle my memory !!
  • Options
    Cheers, Large. I'm sure we can count on you for a good report - maybe you could give him some tips on managing a team to victory at The Valley too? ;-)