Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frisking

What was that all about last week ?....getting searched by stewards before the Burnley game.Was it a one-off ?......or was it just me they were after ? ..;-)

Comments

• Options
    apparently we should expect the same tomorrow.

Me and the lady steward compromised and we had a big cuddle instead (i'm not joking either)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]apparently we should expect the same tomorrow.

Me and the lady steward compromised and we had a big cuddle instead (i'm not joking either)

That explains why you were standing most of the game ;-)
  • Options
    Love it.
  • Options
    Didnt see anyone getting frisked myself, but I was in the Prawn sarnies stand
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]apparently we should expect the same tomorrow.

God, she must have had long arms. ;-)
  • Options
    Thats odd, I was allowed straight through, the male bloke was pre-occupied and apparently you can't have guy on girl / girl on guy action?
  • Options
    I was frisked which annoyed me.

Why should I be treated like a common criminal?
  • Options
    You must have looked a bit dodgy mate.
  • Options
    Just seemed a bit odd.....though you can hide quite a bit in your blanket and flask.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I was frisked which annoyed me.

LOL...Perhaps you looked like a drug dealer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My Father-in-law was a bit put out by it. 72 years old. I guess they'r told that they can't do age discrimination? *sigh*
  • Options
    yeah few ppl infront of me weren't happy about it,

can't see the problem to be honest, only for our own protection
  • Options
    why is it ok ?

Is The Valley a dangerous place ? when was the last knife crime in The Valley ? when was the last riot ?

taking the piss because they can.

OK FOrum people here is your first question for the club why are people being frisked ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I was frisked which annoyed me.

LOL...Perhaps you looked like a drug dealer

Had I been on my own whilst I wouldn't have particularly liked it I could have understood it. I was with my daughter though, a family man attending a game of football not a hooligan.

Mind you given the age of those Palarse numpties maybe the stewards had a point after all...
  • Options
    They asked if I had any cans on me.

I'm guessing the reasons being that they don't want me bringing a potential projectile in with me and to protect revenue from the bars.
  • Options
    Maybe if enough people turn up at sametime and refuse to be frisked (at first) the crowd outside the stadium wil build up delaying kick off --- that should stop it f**kin liberty.
  • Options
    I remember the Junior Reds being frisked as they got off the coach at Oxford some years back...f'ing disgrace none of them were more than 11 or 12.
    Caused quite a furore between the clubs at the time....I actually witnessed it taking place and remember thinking at the time WTF!
  • Options
    got used to it now with England and Away games but why start now? surely new policies come in at the close season with safety reviews etc. is it really a fear over the current climate at the club and the growing number of disillusioned? bit steep to me.
  • Options
    Think it's stupid tbh. At Palace last month I wasn't allowed to bring in a keyring because it was 'sharp'. My keys could've done more damage than the keyring!

What has changed in the past month to a year for them to suddenly start doing it?
  • Options
    ...can anybody tell me what is, and what isn't allowed? A few years back I brought my flag (bought in the club shop) which I fixed to a bamboo pole bought in a garden centre, there was just enough extra pole to grasp with one hand, but it made it possible to wave the flag around....nope, not allowed. When I very politely questioned the Bartram gate steward about it...and I had my 8 year old son alongside me, all of a sudden I was swooped on and surrounded by several stewards who declared they 'didn't like my attitude'. I am a middle aged man, and have been a season ticket holder since 1971. Give somebody a teensy bit of power, and by golly thet certainly get off on using it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poles for flags haven't been allowed in grounds for years. There is a list of things you cant take into the ground should be near the turnstyles and maybe even on the website. but basically as it's private land they can allow or disallow whatever they want and can frisk you, but i don't believe they can search your pockets. they can however demand to see whats in your pocket if they feel something whilst frisking you and not let you in if you refuse to show them. You accept this stuff as an agreement of entry when you buy a ticket anywhere.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I was frisked which annoyed me.

Why should I be treated like a common criminal?[/quote]

I must admit I was a bit put out as well, so was my mate when the steward gestured as to search his 11 year old boy, we both growled at him in unison and he thought better of it, I had to chuckle when one guy said to the steward " I have a piece of paper in my pocket with our best team written on it, I was hoping to throw it at Pardew"
  • Options
    FAO seth plum

Hi N how you doing ? Bamboo poles !!!!??????

Tell your lot I haven't deserted ship - I am currently on a freebie in the North lower as a friend is away for a few months. Getting a free ticket, and a free lift! (more beer before the game is def needed at the mo and now I can!). Say hi to P for me too.

Chris
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]so was my mate when the steward gestured as to search his 11 year old boy

I thought it was against the law to frisk someone under the age of 16 or 18 (can't remember) unless it's performed by a police officer
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It possibly is I'm not sure, but what would our stewards know? the Bristol game we arranged to meet a mate and his son who had never been to The Valley before just by the club shop, he asked a steward in Harvey gardens where it was, the doughnut sent him up Charlton lane.
  • Options
    what about bog rolls are they still allowed?
  • Options
    FAO charlton4ever
    Chris....I never doubted you for a minute, anybody who was at Upton park for the Bury league cup game ain't gonna be separated from his club. I will pass your best wishes on mate. Against Ipswich there was a bloke and his son near your seats, he constantly yelled 'push up, push up', so now he is know to Patrick and me as Max (Romeo)!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I thought it was against the law to frisk someone under the age of 16 or 18 (can't remember) unless it's performed by a police officer

If they try frisking any of your kids tomorrow say something along the lines of "You touch him and I'll have you arrested as a paedophile" - they'll soon stop!
  • Options
    can you refuse i was not happy with it
  • Options
    Left......Nope, it's a condition of entry written on your ticket. You refuse and they refuse you entry.