Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frisking

Comments

• Options
    oh well
  • Options
    You could have refused though. They were doing a demo of besr practuce for the italian poolice. Can't see that any extra search is any bother
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]can you refuse i was not happy with it

Of course you can, they just don't need to let you in.

I goty frisked going into a club in town last night, searched the inside of my belt, my trainers, all my pockets and under my shirt. Heavy handed on drugs, the moron forgot to look in my wallet though, which did make me chuckle.

I hate being frisked as it assumed you're doing something wrong, going into a club I can half understand it, but a football ground, especially with a club like Charlton is so OTT.
  • Options
    They were doing it again today. Heaven knows why.
  • Options
    Very strange, wonder what has brought this on.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I was talking to the steward at The Covered End entrance, who I felt was very civil in his approach as to why this had to be done unlike the arrogant W***** from the week before, he told us that last week someone tried to bring in two bottles of red wine under their coat. Come on who was it? :-)
  • Options
    I thought the 50p piece was the latest weapon. Perhaps we'll all have to start leaving our change somewhere at the turnstiles. Or maybe they've heard some people are smuggling in spare plastic tops for their soft drink bottles. ;)
  • Options
    I got frisked again today!

Warning: middle aged men with their teenage daughters are dangerous football hooligans

Club Frisking Policy 2 Len Searched 2
  • Options
    i got frisked and the guy was well appologetic for it shame
  • Options
    I go into the North Lower in the NW corner - didn't see any frisking going-on down there....I feel like I'm missing out on something!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewards outside the turnstile into the North Upper but no frisking going on (I guess this might be to do with fireworks)

Steward 1 says 'you best off spending the first half drinking beer at £4/pint during the first half the way we are playing'

Steward 2 says ' If it gets too bad the quickest way to be ejected out of the ground is to start smoking'
  • Options
    You know we're in a bad way if even the stewards are indulging in gallows humour.
  • Options
    Happened to me a couple of months ago against Yeovil. Although I can kind of understand that, given my age and all the news stories about guns and knives over the summer.
  • Options
    I got frisked going into a bar by a female bouncer this evening that was showing Spurs v Liverpool
    (Her issue was regarding knives. )

I enjoyed it. The game weren't too bad either.
  • Options
    Males were getting frisked entering upper north but no female 'frisker's' in sight ... could it be an equal opps issue?!?
  • Options
    Got frisked again today but it's the most lame frisk I've ever seen - basically just involves a patting down from armpits to front pockets... so I hid my charley in my wallet, vodka bottle in my left sock and stuck a flare up my arse
  • Options
    No frisking in Landsdowne Mews I'm sorry to say, just the usual hassle from Mr and Jnr Perfect to buy a Jackpot ticket!
  • Options
    so it looks like the North Upper then only?
  • Options
    No frisking in evidence at the East entrance in Harvey Gardens. The reason they have been told to do it in the last couple of home games is because they are expecting an attack on Alan Pardew. If he's still there for the Sheffield United match expect metal detectors and a strip search.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dont have that in the west stand.
    The day I get searched will be the last match I attend.
    Wished I was searched yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So its the North Upper only

Why is the question?

Also ANy H block on here were was Moses?
  • Options
    Their wronguns and make no mistake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Also ANy H block on here were was Moses?

He's taking over from Pardew. Certainly has more man management skills than Pardew!
  • Options
    I've been told some fans in the north upper have been taking there own booze in the ground because they resent paying £3.20 for cat pee.

The empties were found in the bin so under the pretence of fans safety they have spent hundreds of pounds on extra stewarding to make some fans spend an extra £10 each on a match day. I know the rules are the rules but I think as long as these fans aren't throwing there empties on the pitch it isn't a problem.

Also after a conversation I had with a member of the met and found out that earlier on in the season a steward was arrested on drug and firearms charges. I asked him that surely the club CRB check there stewards to which he replied no as far as the stewarding goes you could have Gary Glitter in charge of your family section.

So I think the extra stewarding cost to make a handful of supporters spend an extra £10 would be better spent on CRB checks for all stewards.
  • Options
    oh dear thats mad
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Perhaps both the club and the company that employs the stewards should think very carefully about how they treat the fans or somebody might decide to kick up fuss with the immigration department and start doing some checks on whether a large number of our stewards are legally employed. I understand that there are large fines for employing illegals these days. It's very simple, if the stewards start stepping over the line we as fans have a very powerful card to play in return.
  • Options
    If it really is about the safety of fans then I hope that they are as assiduous in searching mob handed groups of young males as they are middle aged men accompanied by their teenage daughters.

Why do I feel the need to make this observation?!
  • Options
    Empty Bottles of wine found in North Upper last couple of weeks hence the searches. Imagine if someone decided to launch one of these at the pitch consequences for the person it hit does not bear thinking about.
  • Options
    i can imagine if someone had been hurt with a weapon of some description. everyone on hear would be moaning that not enough is done to prevent people getting stuff in.
    Its only a frisk. not a cough and drop for god sake!
  • Options
    It just goes to show tho, the performances are leading people to serious binge drinking!!!

I know i was binge drinking at 4pm in the oak.