Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keith Gillespie

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/7746024.stm

Good move imo

Comments

• Options
    starting to get interesting
  • Options
    You can hardly call the last 3 months dull :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]You can hardly call the last 3 months dull :-)

Totally, I was thinking this the other day, very action packed, on and off the field.
  • Options
    Oh no, Gillespie is just one of those players who I really really dont like, cheating barsteward.

And that last minute goal a couple of years back.
  • Options
    wonder who he's put his money on as the new manager?
  • Options
    Now that is a man who likes to have a punt, i bet he is lloking on Skybet to see who the new manager is and sticking a few quid on it
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2008
    How is he only 33 - seems like he's been around forever!

Always seem to do ok against us. Likely to start? Not sure.

Which worries me a little - we should be getting in players that are going to come in and make a significant difference to the first team and how we play.
  • Options
    he can't be any worse than Lloyd Sam
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    5/4 we get Matthew Etherington on the other side. . .

We must be going for a record number of loans in one year
  • Options
    i reckon with these 2 moves then it is nailed on Parky is here for the remainder
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    f1

you dont know how close we were to getting him when the transfer window shut last time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]5/4 we get Matthew Etherington on the other side. . .

We must be going for a record number of loans in one year

i know this is a wind up but i'd love to see Etherington join.
  • Options
    Confirmed on OS.
  • Options
    An experienced winger who can cross a ball, think our strikers will all be well chuffed !
  • Options
    I don't think this would be too bad, he's been about a while so clearly has experience.I think some old heads to come in and set an example and steady the ship are what's required. I don't think Sam offers enough to be honest so it's a step up.
  • Options
    Good signing at this level, if only to freshen things up.

ps....probably hard to tell on Saturday, but how did Waghorn do when he came on?
  • Options
    Haven't seen offical confirmation of Gillespie or Helguson yet, the reports I've seen still seem to be of the "set to sign" variety.

But assuming we get them, could be just what's needed. I think we require men not boys right now (sorry Martyn Waghorn) and both have had ups-and-downs in their career which has, I am sure, served to make them stronger. Neither seems the type to shirk a scrap , and that's what we're now in.

All these six loanees could feature tomorrow:

Primus
    Bouazza
    Cranie
    Waghorn
    Helguson
    Gillespie

Which says rather a lot about the fully-contracted team that Pardew built . But hey, that's water under the bridge now. I think we're going to fight like dogs of war tomorrow night and QPR won't know what has hit them...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Good signing at this level, if only to freshen things up.

ps....probably hard to tell on Saturday, but how did Waghorn do when he came on?

Some nice touches but wasn't really in the game to be honest.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited November 2008
    Gillespie signing is on the OS now Nigel W
  • Options
    Why are we signing players without a manager. The joke continues
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Why are we signing players without a manager. The joke continues '

Dont you know the club has a secret Director of Football.
  • Options
    bloody Andrew Mills sticking his oar in again then ;-)
  • Options
    Not a fan but a good move I think...Still got some pace & plenty of experience. Will help a lot in the situation we're in.

Plus, he's ten times the player Lloyd Sam will ever be!!!
  • Options
    Good signing IMHO.

Many have been saying that our strikers are ok but haven't been getting the service. KG is a good crosser of the ball so should open one side of the pitch up.

Hopefully it's put a smile on Andy Gray's face. I'm convinced if he'd gone to Wolves instead of Iwellumo then he'd have as many if not more goals.

Here's hoping to see the sort of driving cross and Gray header - like the one that crashed off the crossbar against Reading.
    OK it didn't go in but how many time shave we seen a similar chance this season??
  • Options
    Nice one - an experienced pro who can deliver a quality cross for any one of our forwards....oh, hang on....
  • Options
    Still no news of any competition for Weaver then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Good signing at this level, if only to freshen things up.

Contributed to our 2nd goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Still no news of any competition for Weaver then?

I'm not alone then!

I don't trust him at the moment. His handling is woeful and he runs like he is on roller skates and could fall at any moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]

Contributed to our 2nd goal.

set up the 2nd, and helped almost set up another. bouazza on his wrong foot though.
  • Options
    to be honest i was very immpressed wiv waggy i watched him carefully when he came, lets face it the game was not exactly great, but he was asking for the ball making very itelligent runs, i would consider him a spot tommorow night if not certainly on saturday againsts saints if the varn is on the bench