Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keith Gillespie

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Still no news of any competition for Weaver then?

I'm not alone then!

I don't trust him at the moment. His handling is woeful and he runs like he is on roller skates and could fall at any moment
    I think he's just the last to catch the Pardew's confidence-busting bug. Take out the last couple of games he's been excellent and you don't become a bad keeper overnight. Yes the squad needs another keeper and he could possibly do with the competition but writing him off completely is mad.
  • Options
    Was good a few years ago. Hasn't started this season though.

Is he any better than Ambrose? We shall see....
  • Options
    I'd say he's certainly more of a winger than Ambrose, so the quality of our crosses should be better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Haven't seen offical confirmation of Gillespie or Helguson yet, the reports I've seen still seem to be of the "set to sign" variety.

But assuming we get them, could be just what's needed. I think we require men not boys right now (sorry Martyn Waghorn) and both have had ups-and-downs in their career which has, I am sure, served to make them stronger. Neither seems the type to shirk a scrap , and that's what we're now in.

All these six loanees could feature tomorrow:

Primus
    Bouazza
    Cranie
    Waghorn
    Helguson
    Gillespie

Which says rather a lot about the fully-contracted team that Pardew built . But hey, that's water under the bridge now. I think we're going to fight like dogs of war tomorrow night and QPR won't know what has hit them...

I'm not completely sure but i think theres a limit to how many loan players can appear in the side at the same time? I'm sure someone on here knows as we had so many last year.
  • Options
    Not another has-been, please.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Not another has-been, please.

Please suggest what other available wingers a relegation threatened championship side with no money should be attracting then? Maybe we should be lining up Ronaldo, Wright-Phillips or Lennon. Or give Barca a call and see if Messi fancies a game.
    We're staring league one in the face, and TBH i'm surprised we've even managed to get someone as experienced as Gillespie.
  • Options
    Vastly experienced, good signing in my view.
  • Options
    have we signed helguson then?
  • Options
    Has been a good player (with maybe a bit of a personality flaw?) - so why can't he get into the Sheff Utd side?

Still, if he produces the goods, nobody can complain.
  • Options
    Still a current Norn Iron international:

"The Northern Ireland international is hoping that the loan move could result in a permanent transfer after the loan expires on 3 January.

Gillespie has won 86 international caps and played against Hungary last week."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all pretty academic because we'll probably be in administration before the season's out but, in any event, I'd rather we stopped worrying about what division we are in next season or the season after. In the long term, what matters is that we get back to developing and blooding youngsters that could make-up the core of the team for the next 5 years+ and restore some pride in watching CAFC. I'm was fed up watching a bunch of mercenaries in the Prem and can't get excited about has-beens and/or loanees in the CCC. The youngsters we have are a reasonable start and are not the cause of our current League position - in truth the biggest indictment against Pards is that he has managed them so badly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]It's all pretty academic because we'll probably be in administration before the season's out but.
    I'm pretty confident that we won't be.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]It's all pretty academic because we'll probably be in administration before the season's out but.
    Hope you're right
  • Options
    Remember when he signed for Man U for £1M? I saw him a few days' later arriving at Belfast airport, being met by all his family - Mum, sister etc - and they all wanted to admire his million pound legs!

My view - could go either way, but at best it's a fairly short term solution. Wingers are ususally well past their sell-by date by the age of 33.

Perhaps there is some truth in the Lawrie Sanchez rumour after all? The Nor'n Irish are coming....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    Hope you're right

Why Peanuts and Why not WSS?
  • Options
    Just a gut feeling Henners.
  • Options
    Wingers lose their pace (although Ryan Giggs is still pacy) - but wingers are often blessed with good ball skills and trickery, even dare I say it - a bit of football intelligence.

They tend not to lose that ability.

An overlapping Moo2 can supply the pace.

In anycase,in later days they often make creative attacking centre midfielders.

What are we lacking - is their a plan B in hand .....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just a gut feeling Henners.

OK, if it is that scientific ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Hope you're right

ditto - can't see a white knight emerging from the mist rolling in from the Thames.
  • Options
    gillespie - another inspiring signing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]gillespie - another inspiring signing

Do you mean, "why didn't we go for Ronaldo or Rooney" ....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Hope you're right

ditto - can't see a white knight emerging from the mist rolling in from the Thames.

Thanks chaps, most enlightening : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]gillespie - another inspiring signing

Do you mean, "why didn't we go for Ronaldo or Rooney" ....?

;o)

Yeah oggy lets take it to the extreme.
  • Options
    Has signed for Glentoran!!!

Was ANYONE scouting players last year??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Has signed for Glentoran!!!

Was ANYONE scouting players last year??
    Tim Breacker and Phi Chapple at least were...
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited October 2010
    Declared bankrupt:

Link
  • Options
    Blimey. Trouble with the nags? You'd think he would have earned enough dosh.

What a plum.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Declared bankrupt:

Link

He looks a bit mental in that picture. Looks like he could do with blinking a few times.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Declared bankrupt:

[url=[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11454176[/url]]Link[/url][/quote]

He looks a bit mental in that picture. Looks like he could do with blinking a few times.[/quote]

he certainly does, probably just spent the evening round at paddy kennys house
  • Options
    I recall he had a gambling problem at Newcastle. he was on Soccer AM the other day looking for a club. He must have earned so much ion his career