Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

QPR official match thread

Comments

• Varney is shit full stop

drop that mug now send gray home to his family and give others a chance we are sticking with players out of form far too long
  • i thought we were a well run club - dont think so !!
  • edited November 2008
    To be fair NLA we weren't there. From commentary it sounds like some improvement but not enough. Clearly hopeless upfront

If we lose v Soton on Sat, that may be the end of Parky's brief reign, I fear...
  • Luke Varney - even now Pardew has gone he will continue to haunt us while this over-promoted lower league try-hard remains at the club.

2.5 million for Varney and 1.5 million for Ebanks-Blake.....hmmmmmmmm
  • Looks like we're off to play the likes of Hartlepool and Walsall next year.
  • Tonight was a don't lose at all costs game

Performances mean jacksh%t unless you get points

It's got that worrying I can't even listen to the commentary
  • [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]I think the defence needs sorting out from set pieces. Problems at both ends

blame the coach , who is that now;-)
  • Whatever you say about Varney, at least he was in the right place to miss...
  • 2.5 million for Varney and 1.5 million for Ebanks-Blake.....hmmmmmmmm

what about 400k for Iwelumo ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Alright guys, sorry to me late. I take it we won tonight?!
  • edited November 2008
    To be fair, Gray had scored in the last two away games and played well on Saturday. Varney's having a horrible time at the moment-he just needs one to go in off his backside and things might change. We haven't got time to wait around for that to happen though....
  • take positives tho lads and lasses. sounded like a better performance. we are one striker away from being alright.
    get a DECENT striker in on loan and it might install a bit of confidence in the team.
  • All the unlucky punters who bet, should wedge out for southampton to win and we might get a point!
  • Also, I don't think you can blame Parky for tonight, we missed two golden chances to take the lead - how is he responsible for that?

Sounded like at least a partial improvement and we at least had some strategy with two strong central midfielders getting the ball wide to two decent wingers, just a shame we have so little up front for them to hit.

Sounded like Andy Gray was totally anonymous tonight.
  • Oh bugger. At least the manager at work who's a QPR fan has promised not to gloat tomorrow.
  • I didn't expect much - Parky has has two light training sessions on his own with the players. Next week different gravy.
  • Never thought I'd say it but the sooner Fortune is fit the better. Also don't think Hudson is captain material - he should be controlling the back line and making sure we clear the ball and attack crosses into the box - too many needless goals conceded this season - relegation looms
  • 2-1 done with minutes left and parky brings on............SAM! Shows what a state we are in.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]I think the defence needs sorting out from set pieces. Problems at both ends[/quote]

blame the coach , who is that now;-)[/quote]

Not blaming him as such, just stating the obvious. How many goals have we let in from set pieces? Problem is not going to go away overnight
  • Sponsored links:

• There was no improvement nigel we couldnt defend and our strikers couldnt hit a barn door

QPR were there for the taking they are having a shit time themselves

no change what so ever

how long will we persist in playing striker who cant score for toffee

what must

toddy,fleets,dicko think i aint saying they are the answer but they aint even getting a look in whilst those that are playing are shit
  • still at work, back in for 7 in the morning, charlton lose, other s london teams win!! got the man flu!!

happy fecking days!!

At least i get to see my lil daughter now, well in half hour!

See ya dudes.
  • dont think anyone will blame parky the fault lies with our strikers

gray did what all night, Varney misses a sitter and we play a kid whos only 2 games b4 this was a 5 nil drubbing by Chelsea and a 5 -2 loss to sheff yoo
  • Agree in part with that, NSS. There is now no excuse for not giving Dickson, and even Fleetwood a chance.

Gray and Varney shouldn't be playing , although for different reasons.

But we should keep final judgement until we hear from travelling contingent.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Luke Varney - even now Pardew has gone he will continue to haunt us while this over-promoted lower league try-hard remains at the club.

More to the point £400 k for Iwelumo
  • Hudson is captain so must take some responsibility - simply not good enough at the back

I still maintain playoffs is possible though, just a lot of gaps to plug
  • Report from the Ground

piss poor defending a few positives Semedo and Racon works in centre mid Waghorn did well played well and would have definatly scored the chance varney missed and shouldnt have been taken off

There were some positives but we still lost

Varney should be dropped as he contributed fuk all as did gray Youga was cack

to me that sounds much the same as many a game this season
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Luke Varney - even now Pardew has gone he will continue to haunt us while this over-promoted lower league try-hard remains at the club.

More to the point £400 k for Iwelumo

Yes, but the Iwelumo sale was a fire sale because we wanted to offload him to save on his wages.

I don't think Wolves had him lined up a regular starter, they probably wanted him as a squad player and can't believe their luck that he is banging in this number of goals.

The Ebanks-Blake deal is the better comparison because he was available from Man Utd and went to Plymouth and then was available again and Wolves (below us at the time) got him for 1.5 million while we paid 1 million for a 30 year-old Andy Gray.

Pardew's transfer record was absolutely, unequivocally abysmal and it makes me very angry indeed.
  • Swisdom, not sure how the play-offs remain realistic.

Look at the table tonight. If we lose on Sat, we could be in 24th place. Even if we win , we remain in bottom three. We're nine points off even 14th place! Let alone top half, top sis etc.

What's more our strikers have scored two goals in open play in the last 11 games.

Fear the worse. If we end up in 21st place, then that's going to be a cause for celebration.
  • just see the goals on ssn's the non marking for qpr's first was apalling.... the away end looked packed ;-)