Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

QPR official match thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Yes, but the Iwelumo sale was a fire sale because we wanted to offload him to save on his wages.

yes but why because we brought in gray

WE didnt have to sell Big Chris all we had to do was get players in to supply him he was on no more than Bailey is on now that is for sure it was all a load of bollox Big Chris and Pardew didnt see eye to eye big chris goes

all this we had to sell him is bollox

he was our top scorer ffs and defended corners better than our centre halves i am fed up hearing we had to sell him

no we never
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]just see the goals on ssn's the non marking for qpr's first was apalling.... the away end looked packed ;-)[/quote]
    very funny, different story for league 1 though. We would be massive!!!!
  • Whoever we sell next (forwards), they will turn into the prolific scoring machines of old!
  • Just seen goals on Sky Sports News - both of theirs came from crosses where the full-backs allowed them all the time and space they needed to put the ball in, then Blackstock scores unchallenged and unmarked in front of goal.

It doesn't matter how many attacking loan signings we bring in, our problem is at the back and it needs to be addressed in January or we're down.
  • like fuk they will maybe if they dropped down a league
  • Think tonight is the lowest I've felt supporting Charlton (in modern times)

Can someone cheer me up please?
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Think tonight is the lowest I've felt supporting Charlton (in modern times)

Can someone cheer me up please?

Yeah, sure, happy to oblige.

We are still 6 places above Millwall ...... and are guaranteed to finish above them this season. Locked on. FACT!

;o)
  • i am just really angry with the whole situation rght now

varney is pissing me off as much as pardew did
  • edited November 2008
    Cheers Oggy but that didn't work.

Feels like we're in a tail spin. Not sure where the hell we go from here.

Next up - our relegation rivals in a confidence sapping boo-athon at The Valley.

God help us
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Yes, but the Iwelumo sale was a fire sale because we wanted to offload him to save on his wages.

yes but why because we brought in gray

WE didnt have to sell Big Chris all we had to do was get players in to supply him he was on no more than Bailey is on now that is for sure it was all a load of bollox Big Chris and Pardew didnt see eye to eye big chris goes

all this we had to sell him is bollox

he was our top scorer ffs and defended corners better than our centre halves i am fed up hearing we had to sell him

no we never

Can't really argue with that, certainly if there were personal issues with Pards and Iwelumo then that would explain a lot.

The service Iwelumo received from us was dreadful and, after Reid left, was virtually non-existent. We basically did not have a left-sided player after Reid left and you could count the number of crosses Ambrose/Sam/Varney put in on one hand.

From a financial perspective it is puzzling that we keep a half fit Todorov and pay the wages of McLeod, Dickson and Fleetwood and sell Iwelumo.....
  • Sponsored links:

• i dont think there wil be boos on saturday but if varney is even near the bench i might run down and knobble him in the warm up
  • I like his hard work and running but unless he can finish off a move, when the whole team has worked so hard to make the chance, he's no good to us.

Fragile confidence is not what we need at the moment.

Send him out on loan to a Lge 1 side.
  • THats what i mean ormiston

people keep saying we had to sell him to get rid of his wages

but we kept a half fit toddy who has featured how often this season, We bought Fleetwood in we loaned Buzz, we got Hudson all incurring a wage but we let our topscorer who we got on a FREE go to clear the wage bill

it is total shit and it is things like that that should never have been allowed to happen and that is where the board needed to step in and take control back of our club they acted quick enough when Les Reed reported Dowies mis mgmt are we saying no one at the club thought it was odd we were selling our top scorer to a promotion rival
  • This is so depressing. I'm off.

Although I think it's the wrong move long term, I'd do whatever it takes to get Curbs back now if I was Richard Murray.
  • Now my feet have de-iced a little bit, it's weird to think that until we fell asleep for Blackstock's second, that was the most enjoyable Charlton match I've been to for months.

The passing was good, we seemed to have lost the fear, the crowd was tremendous, Semedo worked his arse off and it was great to see Racon back (he deserved that goal). Gillespie adds some much needed balls to the team, Waghorn was very good and we bossed most of that first half. Those lads were putting a huge amount fo work in, and QPR were dreadful.

Haven't seen it on TV, but the ball appeared to go out of play before Blackstock's first and we were caught on the hop for that. QPR came back stronger in the second half, Patrick Ayegeman came on and caused us all kinds of problems, but just when it looked like we'd weathered the storm...

Varney's miss is a hard one to forgive under the circumstances - on a night when the team worked hard, he really stuck out as a bad'un. Bouazza was lousy in the first half but got his act together later on.

Like I said on the Varney thread - Parky's got a collection of brittle individuals to deal with, not a team. They seem to want to play for him... but just aren't strong enough as a group.

It's going to be a long winter...
  • At least it is encouraging that they want to play for him unlike the spineless lot that embarrassed poor Les Reed.