Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael McIntyre

BDLBDL
edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
michael-mcintyre.jpg

Something about this guy I can't quite put my finger on.

Just too smug and annoying

Comments

• Ha ha thought this was a thread about another loan!!
  • I think he is fantastic, best new comic I've seen in years. He's on tonight BBC1 Live at the Apollo.
  • donald as well
  • I think he is very good.
  • Don't really find McIntyre funny and didn't even make it to the end of his stand up show.

Jim Jeffries - Contraband, was quite funny although extremely offensive.
  • He is Brillant just recently got his dvd heres a clip of him at the apollo ages ago
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Es2l4yUBY6M
  • The lad is awful, has to repeat every joke about three times, rubbish on panel shows as well.
  • So he's a bit like Marmite then!?
  • i had a look as i wondered this was on every tv panel show and to be fair he was mildly amusing and i am sure he is a big hit with middle england but after a short while i had turn over to chris rock for real belly laughs.
  • Not a touch on Frankie Boyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone going to the O2 tonight ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Not a touch on Frankie Boyle.

They're chalk and cheese though aren't they. MM is inoffensive and very funny. FB is the opposite on both counts imho.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Not a touch on Frankie Boyle.

Missus just got me tickets for my birthday to see FB only downside is its Nov 2010!
  • i would rather watch anything but him,awful comedian.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]anyone going to the O2 tonight ?

Went last night. Top stuff. Was in the very back row of the top tier though! I guess for comedy this is less important than when at a gig...
  • Going to see Rich Hall at the Orchard in a couple of weeks, then Rhod Gilbert at Hammersmith really looking forward to both. Also have tickets for Dave Gorman in Feb next year. Loved googlewhack adventure so hoping this will be as good.
  • Personally I rate Mcintrye, his dvd from last year is brilliant, he is no Frankie Boyle but still very funny. As Jason Manford says he is a posh peter kay!
  • He is beyond irritating. Someone shoot him now.
  • Seen Rich Hall live in Maidstone, was superb. Also saw Marcus Brigstock at the blackheath rooms, very good. Went to the O2 to see Al Murray and was disappointed to a certain extent (was sat next to RedArmySE7). It was just the same old stuff, nothing new, or challenging in any way. The stand out comedy moments were when he was talking to the first few rows, rather than the pre-written stuff.
  • Saw McIntyre at Wembley Arena a few weeks ago and thought he was very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's not nice Andy - saying that you were disappointed to be sat next to RedArmySE7! It's not his fault! :)
  • He's as funny as piles.

Innoffensive, Smug, Self satisfying and iovertly desperate.

And above all, just not funny.

Saw him at Up The Creek about 3 years back and made me wanna puke.
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Going to see Rich Hall at the Orchard in a couple of weeks, then Rhod Gilbert at Hammersmith really looking forward to both. Also have tickets for Dave Gorman in Feb next year. Loved googlewhack adventure so hoping this will be as good.
    I saw Rhod Gilbert hosting a black tie awards ceremony at the Grosvenor House. Well out of his comfort zone, but still very, very funny.
  • He's pretty good, but heading towards over-exposure at a rate of knots.

Best comedian I've ever seen, by a chalk is Louis CK (writes Chris Rock's material, I had to leave at one point for fear I'd piss myself or choke with the giggles), though I'd like to see Boyle live if it was in a club or something
  • I fail to see why anyone finds MacIntrye funny
  • if you like last of the summer wine, then you'll love him. just not my thing though.
  • Modern day Lenny Henry.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Modern day Lenny Henry.
    good point!
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]if you like last of the summer wine, then you'll love him. just not my thing though.
    that test works for me!
  • Marmite
  • More importantly, who does he play for? Would he want to come to us? How much would he cost and why are the other lot looking to get rid of him - is it cos he scores a lot but is lazy?