Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael McIntyre

Comments

• Options
    He's as about as funny as catching your knackers in your zip. One of the the louder I talk the funnier it must be school. As about as funny as school of comedy on e4.
  • Options
    Went to see him last night at O2, thought he was very good actually, not really a fan, but the wife likes him so we go....anyway a few very good observations which made me laugh out loud and discussions concerning spices in the cupboard actually had me crying with laughter...so all in all it was a surprisinly good night. - Don't start me on the Gouch Grill at O2 though, very disapointing, maybe expectation levels are too high, but the dinner was nothing special, steaks were a bit bland and all the waiting staff were eastern european so you couldn't actually understand them...
  • Options
    I wonder if there is any correlation between whether you find him funny and any views on Charlton ?
  • Options
    I like him (MM), find him very funny. One of the few people Jon Colshaw can impersonate without sounding like himself.
  • Options
    Not seen McIntyre live but his DVD is pretty funny. Really like Rhod Gilbert as well. Going to see Russell Howard after seeing his DVD which i thought was the funniest i'd seen in a long time.
  • Options
    Went to see Rhod Gilbert at the Town hall in Birmingham a few weeks back and thought he was superb. His Radio Wales Podcasts are pretty funny too.

I like McItyre but you get the impression a lot of it is pretty heavily scripted, if I'moing to see someone live I want a sense I'm getting a bit of something extra otherwise you might as well just watch the DVD. Ross Noble's tangents were very amusing and there was some really good audience interatction at the Dara O'Brien gig I went to.

There were a couple of old ladies who turned upto Ross Nobles gig in Wolverhampton becuase they'd heard him on Just a Minute. Think it worried him a bit that he'd have to tone it down but they turned out to really good value and well up for a bit of banter with Noble.
  • Options
    Saw his latest show at the O2 - ‘Macnificent’. 

Perfectly pleasant and good gentle humour but not very special. 

Theme included Covid / lockdown related anecdotes in large part and which feel outdated as other comedians have since done this. 

Reasonable but not special. 

Outrageous was the £8.95 pint of Budweiser. 🙁
  • Options
    Saw his latest show at the O2 - ‘Macnificent’. 

Perfectly pleasant and good gentle humour but not very special. 

Theme included Covid / lockdown related anecdotes in large part and which feel outdated as other comedians have since done this. 

Reasonable but not special. 

Outrageous was the £8.95 pint of Budweiser. 🙁
     I don't mind McIntyre. Never seen his stand up. But surely you'd have to ask yourself, he's on bloody everything on the jelly these days so when would he have the time to write a decent stand up routine?
    He's just a bit of a cash cow isn't he?
  • Options
    I’ve met him through work. 
    Less said the better. 
  • Options
    Come on James.  Spill the beans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've trod in funnier things...
  • Options
    Well I was on the road for 32 years, and if anyone asks me who I met during that time who I would never want to meet again… 
  • Options
    Was funny in his day, but about as funny as Count Arthur Strong these days.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Well I was on the road for 32 years, and if anyone asks me who I met during that time who I would never want to meet again… 
    I’m usually a good judge of character and enjoy his observational humour so it comes as a surprise that he’s not particularly likeable in person.
  • Options
    Think he is a good presenter but not sure would want to see a 90 minute stand up routine from him though 
  • Options
    Jim Davidson is funnier
  • Options
    It's sad that his irredeemable awfulness keeps John Bishop off the bottom of the pile of rank comedians.
  • Options
    can't stand him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 7
    Was funny in his day, but about as funny as Count Arthur Strong these days.
    If I recall correctly, that day was 13th March 2010….at about 19:46. 
  • Options
    Going on Friday
  • Options
    Saw the show last night with the family, they are bigger fans than I am, but overall found it OK with some pretty funny elements to it. The Covid section was 10-15 mins toward the end, but could have been replaced with other material. The audience reaction was incredibly mixed, the bloke behind me was on the verge of pissing himself he didn’t stop laughing, while two women in front of me did not laugh once as far as I noticed. Far more looking forward to Peter Kay early next year. 
  • Options
    He’s like a comedian for people who don’t like comedy.
  • Options
    I’ve met him - utter knob - plastic Spurs fan - I won’t explain how I met him - but, when he asked who I supported, and I said Charlton Athletic - he said - have they ever been in the Premier League or played Spurs

I was a few beers in to be honest and I said ‘yes we have been in the fucking Premier League, and the 1st Division for many years (1st division element confused him) and I’ve seen Charlton beat Spurs at home and WHL, and we won the FA Cup’

This is where it went a bit wrong - I followed that up with ‘do you know anything about fucking football’

I was ‘nicely’ asked to move to another table after this 

He is a massive bellend 
    My perceived thoughts on him 100 per cent.

• Options
    cblock said:
    I’ve met him - utter knob - plastic Spurs fan - I won’t explain how I met him - but, when he asked who I supported, and I said Charlton Athletic - he said - have they ever been in the Premier League or played Spurs

I was a few beers in to be honest and I said ‘yes we have been in the fucking Premier League, and the 1st Division for many years (1st division element confused him) and I’ve seen Charlton beat Spurs at home and WHL, and we won the FA Cup’

This is where it went a bit wrong - I followed that up with ‘do you know anything about fucking football’

He is a massive bellend 
    My perceived thoughts on him 100 per cent.

To be fair the ‘plastic’ football fan is likely true of many so called ‘celebrities’. 

It’s become fashionable to be associated with football and few are likely to be genuine football followers. It’s refreshing when you do find someone in the public eye who can genuinely discuss football. 
  • Options

He is a massive bellend 
    Presumably he said much more than that for you to have such strong opinions on him. 
  • Options
    Well, that’s me selling my front seats to see McIntyre at the O2 for a quid.
  • Options
    Talal said:

He is a massive bellend 
    Presumably he said much more than that for you to have such strong opinions on him. 
    Yes, but I won’t bore you with it