Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Saints - match thread

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Waggy misses out. Bailey in for Rocky Racoon.

No defenders on the bench.

* 01 Weaver
* 29 Cranie
* 24 Fortune
* 06 Hudson
* 38 McEveley
* 14 Gillespie
* 23 Semedo
* 04 Bailey
* 34 Bouazza
* 37 Burton
* 09 Gray

Substitutes

* 21 Elliot,
* 08 Holland,
* 10 Todorov,
* 18 Sam,
* 25 McLeod

Comments

• Options
    FIVE LOANIES in starting line-up!!

Is that actually allowed?

Didn't there used to be a rule only allowing a maximum of 2?
  • Options
    We've 7 loanees - 5 can actually be named in the matchday squad.
  • Options
    Right, the OS has just caught up. Here'e what they say:

Deon Burton and Jay McEveley make their Charlton debuts against Southampton this afternoon.

The striker and left-back, snapped up from Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County two days ago, replace Martyn Waghorn and Kelly Youga in the starting line-up at The Valley as caretaker boss Phil Parkinson takes charge on home territory for the first time.

There is a home debut on the right of midfield for Keith Gillespie and with Parkinson forced to juggle the use of his loan players, Linvoy Primus is sacrificed as Jonathan Fortune makes his return in the centre of defence.

There is also a change in midfield with midweek goalscorer Therry Racon's knee niggle ruling him out. Nicky Bailey deputises.

Burton, who played for Sheffield Wednesday at The Valley earlier this season, gets the nod up front having signed on loan with a view to a permanent free transfer.

And he partners top scorer Andy Gray up front with Youga making way for all-action left-back McEveley.

Fortune, meanwhile, is back in the heart of the defence alongside skipper Mark Hudson having missed more than two months with a knee complaint.

Martin Cranie continues on the right of the rearguard ahead of keeper Nicky Weaver and the midfield quartet is completed by Jose Semedo and Hameur Bouazza.

There is a place on the bench for striker Izale McLeod alongside Matt Holland, Lloyd Sam, Svetoslav Todorov and keeper Rob Elliot.

There is a familiar face in the Saints line-up in the shape of defender Chris Perry who made 84 appearances for the club while the highly-rated David McGoldrick has seven goals to his credit this season.
  • Options
    we r going 2 win 2 v 1.

Burton for us in first half

Saints score early 2nd half , then all Saints

Hudson winner 5 mins from end

a lucky win but who gives a f**k !
  • Options
    Burton up front with Gray is a bit of a surprise given the comments of Parky during the week that Burton is a replacement for Gray
  • Options
    Not going today, GH ......?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]Burton up front with Gray is a bit of a surprise given the comments of Parky during the week that Burton is a replacement for Gray

He was also talking about them playing together as a good combination.

Bet Waggy is gutted not even being on the bench after his 2 promising displays.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    3,000 miles away .

i thoughthe meant IF a replacement is required with Grays ongoing problems.
  • Options
    Of course, GH ...... forgot you are in Dubai, aren't you?
  • Options
    Hello all. I was going to the game but pulled out as I have tonsilitus and feel awful so I'm staying in the warm and hopefully we'll pick up three points. Of all the games I've been to I've only seen 1 out of a possible 15 points so hopefully this might be a good omen that I'm not going?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Qatar its night life makes Erith look like Patpong !
  • Options
    Is anybody getting CAFCTV commentary to work today?
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]No commentary here:

http://matchlive.safc.premiumtv.co.uk/mlex/258741/matches/11292008/3003985/match_console.html?clubid=undefined

Anyone got any other links (apart from CAFC tv)??

cheers[/quote]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2007/06/14/charlton_interviews2007_2008_feature.shtml

cheers rufus!
  • Options
    Jimmy. All I'm getting on CAFCTV is crackling sound. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon?
  • Options
    good start. decent atmosphere.

"charlton making the early running"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]Jimmy. All I'm getting on CAFCTV is crackling sound. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon?

Same for me. That's 2 of us.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    I've subscribed to CAFC TV today and have spent the last two hours trying to make it work. Even the audio commentary doesn't work at the moment..

It took a good 45 minutes for me successfully give them my money. No wonder the club are skint!
  • Options
    me to
  • Options
    Well, at least its not just me sitting here pissed off that I can't hear the match commentary...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    let us know wots going on
  • Options
    The highly informative text commentary works, though.

Joy.

BTW, nothing's happened yet.
  • Options
    Not too much to report so far. Beeb live text:

2:17
    The official flags Hameur Bouazza offside. Kelvin Davis takes the free kick.

0:24
    Free kick awarded for a foul by Chris Perry on Andy Gray. A cross is delivered by Hameur Bouazza, Mark Hudson takes a shot.

The match begins.
  • Options
    So that's 4 of us:

myself
    cafcinperth
    bigstemarra
    crazy

Any more?
    Is anyone succeeding?

I'm pissed off by this. Hope it comes on soon.
  • Options
    Bit more live text:

4:18
    Corner taken by Rudi Skacel from the left by-line to the near post, Keith Gillespie manages to make a clearance.

4:13
    Andrew Surman sends in a cross, clearance made by Mark Hudson.
  • Options
    I wish they would just commentate on the game rather talking about Villa for the last ten minutes.
  • Options
    Hope it comes on soon sitting in silence
  • Options
    Has it worked before?

I've been updating drivers etc. like they're going out of fashion...

Seems typical CAFC at the moment - a great new service...............................that doesn't work!

LOL

I notice that Varney's started to Derby (they've just gone behind)
  • Options
    Jimmy. I'm listening on BBC on line. I'll try again at half time. I can't put up with switching to other games and talking about every other team rather than the game they're at.
  • Options
    It definitely sounds like Soton are doing all the attacking at the moment...