Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Saints - match thread

Comments

• Options
    0-0 full time
  • Options
    full time......
  • Options
    How un scary is Lloyd Sam.Couldn't frighten a kitten
  • Options
    Fortune comes back and we end up with a clean sheet.
  • Options
    Done nothing to ease my toothache!
  • Options
    bright sides:
    a good first half, didn't lose, got a clean sheet
  • Options
    Sounded like a better performance. But should have won. We will struggle if we can not compete against the bottom teams around us. I expect three points to come away from home at Blackpool especially as we have been playing better away from home of late.
  • Options
    Oh well, 1-match unbeaten run.

A point on the table.
  • Options
    is that our 1st clean sheet in 12?
  • Options
    Take a point???? I guess we have the likes of brum and wolves to play and get 3 easy points from.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont forget saints won their 3 previos away including at Reading
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]Sounded like a better performance. But should have won. We will struggle if we can not compete against the bottom teams around us. I expect three points to come away from home at Blackpool especially as we have been playing better away from home of late.

Blackpool scored 2 late goals to overturn Argyle's lead. Won 2-1 away.
  • Options
    It DIDN'T sound like we should have won! It sounded like in the 2nd half "we'd shout our bolt" - quote from Tom Watt.

If we cannot beat Southampton at home, where are we going to get points from?

I cannot take the "sounds like an improved performance" - that is now 1 point from 2 for Parky and just 2 points in our last 5 games ....
  • Options
    The point is however upbeat we are trying to be.. we haven't won in 10 league games and we just drew 0-0 with a southampton side who bar the bottom 3 have the worst goal difference in the league. We should be winning this game. As a Southampton fan you'd be happy, but as the home side we need to win. Blackpool opended up the gap now even larger to the bottom 5/6. We gotta get a win there now next saturday. Will PP still be in charge??
  • Options
    Point is good.Don't forget. This is a MAJOR rebuilding job.Won't happen overnight but a few encouraging signs from what i heard.
  • Options
    It's all stats Supaclive ..... lets wait unti we hear from those actually there.
  • Options
    Long , long way to go but we have the feel of a club thats going down.

same attempts on goal as Saints . Against another religation out fit .

half our team belonged to other teams !

No idea whatthe answer is and i dont feel anyone at CAFC does.
  • Options
    OGGY - GIVE UP!

It doesn't matter whether we deserved to win 50 - 0 ! And it doesn't matter if we deserve to win every game for the rest of the season - the only thing that matters is the actual final score and our actual points at the end of the season.

On paper - WHOEVER is in charge - an away game v QPR and a home game v Southampton should yield more than 1 point if we want to avoid relegation this year.
  • Options
    It'll be interesting reading the fans perspective from the ones who were at the game.
  • Options
    Of course - and being the first game I've missed at home this year - gutted I couldn't make it - but we didn't beat the side just above us in the table at home - and for me, we're in a lot of trouble.

Glad for the clean sheet - but the guy on Sky and Tom Watt both can't be wrong - and they are far more balanced than anyone who posts on here later who went to the game - we did well first half - and could have taken the lead towards the end of the first half, but second half Weaver made a couple of good saves which secured us a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    played some lovely stuff 1st half and Davies has made 2 unbelievable saves.Second half found it difficult to keep the same tempo from first half Saints passed it well.Thought Bailey should have done better at the end.Summary looked tighter at the back McCeveley looked ok and fortune did well.However we do need to finish off our chances.Better performance which deserved more than 1 point and im gutted.
  • Options
    We played well first half and, but for a few excellent saves by their keeper, would have been ahead at half time.

Second half was a different story. They seemed to get better control of the midfield and they carried more of the threat in terms of attacking football.

Thought McEveley looked very good at left back and was always looking to get forward.
    Burton showed some nice touches in the first half, although blotted his debut with a bizarre turn away from goal not long after half time.
    Gillespie was effective again.
    Midfield two not as good as against QPR - we missed the performance Racon put in on Tuesday.

Got the feeling McLeod was making up the numbers on the bench given that we can only play so many of our loanees.

We're at home, 0-0, a few minutes left and we bring on...Matt Holland. Think we'd settled for a point by then, but Izale must get the feeling that his cards are marked in terms of his future at the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]OGGY - GIVE UP!

It doesn't matter whether we deserved to win 50 - 0 ! And it doesn't matter if we deserve to win every game for the rest of the season - the only thing that matters is the actual final score and our actual points at the end of the season.

On paper - WHOEVER is in charge - an away game v QPR and a home game v Southampton should yield more than 1 point if we want to avoid relegation this year.

Don't expect me to give up, mate - I'm no quitter.
  • Options
    I thought Izale should have come on instead of Sam.
  • Options
    You don't quit - but you have to face facts - we're in trouble and realism not blind faith is what we all need to start to think about.
  • Options
    We know we're in trouble, Supaclive ...... nobody is denying that.

But facing facts, despite our current predicament, we still have more of the season remaining than we've played so far.

Give up? Is that what you expect your team to do?
    Thank the lord you're not manager.

;o)
  • Options
    If I had been manager - I'd have done NO worse than Dowie, Reed or Pardew given the resources/finances and squad at each of their disposals!

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]If I had been manager - I'd have done NO worse than Dowie, Reed or Pardew given the resources/finances and squad at each of their disposals!

;-)

LoL, mate!

That's a fair point!

:o)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I still think we need to hire Curbs back........

btw, parky is just another Reed. We need a manager that can hold the team for a season long. Curbishley would be the only option.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Burton showed some nice touches in the first half, although blotted his debut with a bizarre turn away from goal not long after half time.

That was Bouazza wasn't it? When he turned and then tried to shoot but was never going to get it on target?