Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are people going to listen now?

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
After another awful performance and no win in 12 and having watched that shower of shit tonight - I would find it very difficult for anyone to say there's half a season left, we'll finish mid table.....

I can't see who is going to arrest this slide. The players are culpable and too many loanees mean they don't really care - but they were signed by Parky and before him Pardew, and before him Dowie ....

The board hired all of those.

In ANY other business what our board have done in less than 2 years would mean sacking - especially as we are a public company with an AIM listing!!!!!!!

They MUST choose the right manager immediately, otherwise it could be years in the wilderness.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]too many loanees mean they don't really care - but they were signed by Parky

McCleverly i don't think has put a foot wrong since he has been here, Burton scored our goal tonight, and Gillespie is better than Sam.

Sorry if that doesn't suit your agenda.
  • Options
    Dover Athletic won again...
  • Options
    Wouldn't wanna disagree with you for fear of being told not to post any more!
  • Options
    Gillespie is better than Sam? That doesn't say a lot

McEveley - I don't doubt is steady

Burton took the penalty - that doesn't make him a forward!

Does the rest not make sense or are you just gointg to pick on one sentence?....

Come on now - the club is an apology of what we were two years ago and the board do the hiring and firing - the buck stops with them.

Without them - we'd not have enjoyed the amazing last 25 years - however the last two years are souring some of the good times and they do not look like they know how to turn the tide.

They make the decisions
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]too many loanees mean they don't really care - but they were signed by Parky

McCleverly i don't think has put a foot wrong since he has been here, Burton scored our goal tonight, and Gillespie is better than Sam.

Sorry if that doesn't suit your agenda.

Burton did nothing all game and is hopeless. It was the first time i have seen Gillespie as i have been on hols but i didn't realise he was even on the pitch for the first 15 minutes, McCleverley i can't comment on.

I don't agree with the comment that the board should be sacked but they do need to do an awful lot better and their next appointment (I am assuming Parky will go) is crucial. People like Murray are and always will be Charlton legends but it is difficult to argue with the fact that almost every decision made in the last 2 years (Dowie, Reed, Pardew, Parkinson) have been less than inspired.
  • Options
    I don't want them sacked either - I just said they MUST get the next appointment right or we are in for a serious amount of pain in footballing terms ....
  • Options
    In 29 years i have only ever booed twice. Tonight was the first time i have ever joined in with "you're not fit to wear the shirt".
    I'm not proud of doing it but they were a f***ing disgrace and deserved it. Clueless and gutless to a man..........Sorry Boy.

I'm usually able to take some positives out of performances or see that things are able to change, but not now. I've held on to the belief that we had good individuals but not a good team so getting things to work was still possible. Well the good individuals have disappeared aswell. There was nothing on the pitch (or off it) tonight that gives me any glimmer of hope to cling to anymore for survival. It's gonna take something or someone extrordinary to turn things round but i'm struggling to see where that may come from.

I hope i'm wrong and if someones able to convince me otherwise i'd be grateful.
  • Options
    Ok, can someone explain to me then how you 'sack' the people that own it ?

the people that currently have £30m plus invested in the club ?

You can't.

Unless individuals or collectives are bought out.

And no one in their right mind will buy that.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The Pardew decision was not at first glance a bad decision, it was a welcomed decision based on good credentials so lets not ruin them for his under achievement

However you are right with the Dowie,Reed Parky decisions and throw into the equation that Pardew and Parky should have gone after Barnsley at home this season.

The board are currently going to come under fire and rightly so the decisions have not been done quick enough and there is no real leadership or direction within the club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Ok, can someone explain to me then how you 'sack' the people that own it ?

You can't.

AFKA, don't bother bringing facts into it, people with the "sack the board" mentality don't like facts to get in the way of their ranting.

The board have made mistakes, sure, but they have been terribly let down by the management and players over the last three years since Curbs left the club.

There is a long way to go but I really don't see a "magic bullet" manager out there at the moment.

In the heat of the loss I wanted Parky out but thinking about it - what would that solve?

Maybe we should put our faith in Parkinson to do what he needs to do in January and see where we are in May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MEDIC!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say sack the board - I said in other business' where the ownership of the club is with shareholders and results are bad - they wouldn't survive

I SAID THEY MUST GET THE NEXT DECISION RIGHT

and you are plainly mad if you think that decision IS Parkinson ...........!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Ok, can someone explain to me then how you 'sack' the people that own it ?

You can't.

Quite right Afka.It would be like sacking the crew of the titanic just after they hit the iceberg.Pointless
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    and you are plainly mad if you think that decision IS Parkinson ...........!

I don't.

But i honestly don't think any manager is the answer at the moment. If we had appointed Alex Ferguson as manager after Saturday, we still would have lost tonight.

We need luck or a miracle.
  • Options
    Sadly fear we ain't going to get either. We're all doomed!
  • Options
    Ormiston

i dont want to see another mgr in but there is no way that the players are trying for him you must have seen that for yourself tonight.

anyone with any clout at the club wh witnessed that will be asking the same questions as everyone on here and the answer will be the same if we are all honest

At QPR the players tried but didnt really perform well enough, Southhampton the performance was there but the result never came, Blackpool shocking 2nd half by all reports and tonight simply woeful

If you were parky you would have to think do you know what this lot are beaten i can not help here

i dont really want him to go as i feel he could do an adequate job it is just the wrong time for him,

We need one of the following Davies,graham,Curbs and for them to be in place by the weekend
  • Options
    It does feel at the moment like we're rearranging the deckchairs on The Titanic...
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Is Parkinson's record so far 1 point in 15 or is it more, if there were 20 quality applications for manager - I think we were told, then one of these should be appointed, Parkinson is tainted by the previous regime and has followed the same tactic that Pardew followed and it has failed again - lots of loanees - 5 tonight and yet another new team.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Listen to what exactly?

You whining on? Do me a favour.

Edit: Oh yeah, by the way - we are NOT a public company with an AIM listing - but don't let that stop you.
  • Options
    Miracle it is then, even when we were riding high and getting results in the last 20 years cant remember lady luck being on our side for any length of time.

I've lost the will to bother with Charlton at the moment but have to try and be bothered for my son who is distraught at the moment, I can remember being 13 and at the time going to Selhurst on my own, would ruin my weekend if we lost but we were never bottom with souless, clueless, crap that we have at the moment.
  • Options
    Off It .... with each abject performance you're becoming more and more of a minority ........

Open your eyes

We're in desperate need of miracles and a little bit of old fashioned bollox

At the moment we have none - don't hope for it to magically appear without SWEEPING changes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Open my eyes to what? Minority of what? You patronising twat.

Do you think I enjoy this? Do you think I think everything in the garden is rosey? Just because I don't moan and bleat on all the time like a little lost sheep does that mean I don't care?

What point are you trying to prove exactly? That we're shit? well done Einstein - give that man a medal.

One final thing, you can spell out S W E E P I N G in a large bold font with underline and in red if you like - it still mean fuck all because you are nobody, just like me.
  • Options
    Look - everybody is frustrated - having sat there in the cold tonight and watched that - it's a cry for help

Somebody must be able to save us, somehow, in some way ..........!
  • Options
    Supaclive - with the greatest respect you need to think about some of your suggestions as Parky's replacement.

Curbs - Already said he's not interested, wants a Premiership job.

Davies - Turned us down when we were in the Premiership. I seriously doubt he'd take us now we are potless and bottom of the Championship. He'll wait for a better invitation, maybe Ipswich.

George Graham - Is nearly 65 years old and has not been involved in management for nearly eight years since getting the sack at Spurs. I admire him for his work at Arsenal and, yes, he knows how to organise teams defensively but he is yesterdays man.

Maybe the "sweeping changes" we need might include Parkinson sweeping out Pardew's crazy ill-suited buys (Mouataokil, Semedo, McLeod) and loanees and bringing in players who know what is needed at this level of football.

I know tonight was crap but just don't think that sacking Parkinson after four games is the answer, if we keep on down that route we will never get anywhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Look - everybody is frustrated - having sat there in the cold tonight and watched that - it's a cry for help

Somebody must be able to save us, somehow, in some way ..........!

Is that supposed to be an apology?
  • Options
    Maybe you're getting Supaclive and Superclive mixed up - I haven't suggested a replacement - I just know we need one - but I'm hoping the board know who it is as we must get it right .....

Fourth time lucky!
  • Options
    Sigh .... keyboard warrior alert
  • Options
    Charlton caretaker boss Phil Parkinson:
    "All I'll say is that (chairman) Richard Murray and the board have worked tooth and nail to get this club in the position it is in. We have the responsibility as a group to keep it there, but it's fairly obvious change needs to happen.

Hmmmmm irony or a dodgy target
  • Options
    ormiston they were my suggestions not supas

Davies has allegedly stated that he would be interested, Curbs may want a prem job but i dont see people knocking his door down and George Graham would stop the goals and steady the ship in my opinion.

We can not afford to wait 1 point from 12 and 6 of those points avaiable from beatable teams at home

i dont want 3 mgrs again this season but ffs it is dire at the moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]ormiston they were my suggestions not supas
    George Graham would stop the goals and steady the ship in my opinion.

George Graham i was told 6 years ago is not fit enough for day to day football management. Why do people think in the last 8 years he has not had a single football job ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]ormiston they were my suggestions not supas

Davies has allegedly stated that he would be interested, Curbs may want a prem job but i dont see people knocking his door down and George Graham would stop the goals and steady the ship in my opinion.

We can not afford to wait 1 point from 12 and 6 of those points avaiable from beatable teams at home

i dont want 3 mgrs again this season but ffs it is dire at the moment

Sorry NLA/Supaclive, misread that one.

Still, I just can't see Curbs coming back, if he does not get a Premiership job I would be very surprised and my money is on him ending up at Blackburn once Ince gets the tin-tack.

Billy Davies, maybe he is interested, I don't know, he would be a good choice but I think he will get better offers.

George Graham, sorry, I think he has been out of the game too long and is too short-term.

We need a long-term manager for the next 5 years not just a short-term replacement however tempting it is to get a miracleman in to keep us up.

Davies is a worry because although he has a good record he has a volatile side and fell out with his board at Preston and Derby - do we need more instability?