Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are people going to listen now?

Comments

• Options
    because allegedly he likes brown envelopes :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]because allegedly he likes brown envelopes :-)

Yes, that's another problem that other people keep mentioning.....

Mr Graham has had some "issues" in that department too.
  • Options
    i would bung him a few quid right now to get us out of shit though

atleast this is a proper debate on the way 4wd it has been lost on here in the last few weeks
  • Options
    I heard a well respected ex-pro, can't remember which one, said on talksport the other week that players don't like playing for caretaker bosses. They are in limbo. No need to impress as he isn't the boss. Compare this to your job. Your manager leaves. They put a manager of another department in temporary charge. There is no need to impress him, he's not your boss so why worry just let things tick over, maybe the in tray fills up a bit, you take things easy, go through the motions a bit. Then, the new guy starts. Suddenly you are getting in early, working a bit harder, trying to impress and you want a bonus or a rise. That's where wwe are. Parky was always a lame duck. I don't expect him in charge for Derby and neither do I want him to be. Four games against uninspiring opponents and we make them all look good. Two goals scored, 1 point from 12.
  • Options
    An ex Charton pro said exactly the same after todays game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]too many loanees mean they don't really care - but they were signed by Parky

McCleverly i don't think has put a foot wrong since he has been here, Burton scored our goal tonight, and Gillespie is better than Sam.

Sorry if that doesn't suit your agenda.

Please stop sniping it isn't nice ;-)
  • Options
    Parky is not a miracle worker. He'll have to go then.

So where do we find a manager who can perform miracles.....?
  • Options
    God knows!
  • Options
    unfortunately parky has been around the players for the pardew reign,whether he agreed with pardew is by the by.He is with association part of the old regime.We needed a new team in place after Barnsley,the fact the board has wasted 7 games is absolutely shockin and reminicent of 2 years ago.The players have not responded get billy davies in now.
  • Options
    I don't either ...... but it has to be someone from the outside
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    where's yung 2368 he knew this was going to happen but was shot down in flames for pre empting our demise ;-(
  • Options
    I was angry about the result tonight and wanted Parky gone but reading his post-match comments I think he actually has a very firm understanding of the situation and would be a good long term choice, especially if the worst comes and we are relegated because he has been there before with Colchester.

I think our club is basically suffering from THREE big summer transfer periods going VERY badly wrong thanks to Curbs, Dowie and Pardew.

Summer 2004 - Bring in Jeffers, Rommedahl and Murphy - All of them fail and that's the Parker money out the window.

Summer 2006 - Bring in Diawara, Faye, Traore, Hasselbaink, Reid, Pouso and the rest - All of them fail (including Reid for that season) and we go down and lose our money.

Summer 2007 - Bring in Varney, McLeod, Iwelumo, McCarthy, Sinclair, Racon, Mouataokil and later Gray - All of them fail and we are now in danger of relegation again.

That's three transfer cycles worth around UK30 million and, regardless of what we have recouped financially, we have achieved near zero value from those playing assets.

That's a crippling blow to any club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I was angry about the result tonight and wanted Parky gone but reading his post-match comments I think he actually has a very firm understanding of the situation and would be a good long term choice, especially if the worst comes and we are relegated because he has been there before with Colchester.

I think our club is basically suffering from THREE big summer transfer periods going VERY badly wrong thanks to Curbs, Dowie and Pardew.

Summer 2004 - Bring in Jeffers, Rommedahl and Murphy - All of them fail and that's the Parker money out the window.

Summer 2006 - Bring in Diawara, Faye, Traore, Hasselbaink, Reid, Pouso and the rest - All of them fail (including Reid for that season) and we go down and lose our money.

Summer 2007 - Bring in Varney, McLeod, Iwelumo, McCarthy, Sinclair, Racon, Mouataokil and later Gray - All of them fail and we are now in danger of relegation again.

That's three transfer cycles worth around UK30 million and, regardless of what we have recouped financially, we have achieved near zero value from those playing assets.

That's a crippling blow to any club.

Absolute rubbish Ormi - everyone knows it's all McLeod's fault!

;o)
  • Options
    as northstandsteve said Pards went three games too late and now we have wasted seven games during which we have picked up 2 points from 21. We've been too slow to act. Dropping down to League 1 isn't an option.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I heard a well respected ex-pro, can't remember which one, said on talksport the other week that players don't like playing for caretaker bosses. They are in limbo. No need to impress as he isn't the boss. Compare this to your job. Your manager leaves. They put a manager of another department in temporary charge. There is no need to impress him, he's not your boss so why worry just let things tick over, maybe the in tray fills up a bit, you take things easy, go through the motions a bit. Then, the new guy starts. Suddenly you are getting in early, working a bit harder, trying to impress and you want a bonus or a rise. That's where wwe are. Parky was always a lame duck. I don't expect him in charge for Derby and neither do I want him to be. Four games against uninspiring opponents and we make them all look good. Two goals scored, 1 point from 12.

Going through the motions. That's what I felt it looked like tonight, especially the last 15 minutes or so. We didn't really know how to break them down, but it didn't seem to matter too much either.

The players looked like they knew they had lost once we were 2-1 down. Too scared of making mistakes, lacking confidence.

Midfield is far from good enough, including Holland. He was making mistakes and is looking more and more limited as he gets older, yet we always seem to end up relying on him more than we should. He's useful, but shouldn't be as if he's one of our most important players for 90 minutes every match.

As I've said I don't like blaming it all on passion. Parkinson's mentioned we need more of that, which is fair enough, but we also need more creativity, confidence, and a team that gel and know how to play together.
  • Options
    Have we started the same front two together recently? Tonight MacLeod starts his first game since Barnsley (has he played in between)? Gray and Waghorn v QPR, Burton and Gray - maybe they did a couple of times, but with constant changes and new faces they'll not learn how to play with each other - but I think if we're all honest, we don't know how to get us out of this and let's hope somebody out there does ...
  • Options
    I've lost count of the number of partnerships we've had up front and central midfield.

Still looks like Parkinson is doing what Pardew did, tried something new in the hope it'll work, rather than because you know it should work if everything goes to plan.
  • Options
    lets be honest now......
    The board have been brilliant to get us back to our home,and they made a good decision to take Curbs on and we had many great years, but since he went thay have not got a clue.

now as for Parky ..........he did very well at Colchester and then went to Hull and was a total failure so his track record is not good.
    We have no money so the board need to get it right this time and I think Billy Davies would be a good choice.He has been out of work for a while and did well at Preston before taking Derby up to early. We need a change very soon
  • Options
    Ormiston Addick speaks a hell of a lot of sense, although I feel that rightly or wrongly, tonight may have pulled the rug from under Parky's feet.

However, good sense is not what a lot of angry losers want, or have the brains or patience, to hear.
  • Options
    Parky talks a lot of sense however his team selection is no better than Pards. To win home games you need pace, energy and players that will attack the opposition and lift the crowd. There are too many limited, predictable and slow players in the team. Last night we needed Moo2 bombing down the right putting in some decent crosses, Shelvey bringing something different to the midfield. Gray is the best target man we have, but we need someone to play off him, so why does he not try Dickson or Waghorn upfront with Gray. What do we have to lose ATM by playing the youngsters such as Shelvey, Wright or Waghorn? We're losing every game anyway so we might as well give them a go. Playing the youngsters didn't do Palace any harm last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parkinson's post-match comments are what good managers do in difficult situations, which is to absorb the criticism and redirect it away from the players. Particularly a squad with no confidence.
    But as bad results begin to pile up, it also increases the pressure and attention on himself.
    He is proving to be a brave man in a crisis, but that does not necessarily mean that he is a good manager or the person that can turn things around. While he might be good in the foxhole with you, he may not be up to the planning back in the tent.
  • Options
    whoever comes in must get rid of the crap we have at the club at the moment and that means we probably wont have enough players to start a game,personally i think they are a total disgrace .
  • Options
    I have no problem with Parky but he is part of a failed set up that needs to go. I read somewhere on one of these posts that no new manager would have got a result against Coventry...Absolute crap, total and utter nonsense. Look at recent teams...dare I say it Palace last year. A new manager took them from relegation fodder to playoff contenders. I am not saying we will ever get that far this season but a complete new start in managerial setup will give us our only chance of survival.
    I also agree with dropping the loan players. They are players that are no use elsewhere who are not any better than our regulars. All they do is bring morale down in said players.
    I cannot see the board not appointing somebody before the weekend...it is a no brainer and I would imagine that Boothroyd will be in the seat.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    After another awful performance and no win in 12 and having watched that shower of shit tonight - I would find it very difficult for anyone to say there's half a season left, we'll finish mid table.....

I can't see who is going to arrest this slide. The players are culpable and too many loanees mean they don't really care - but they were signed by Parky and before him Pardew, and before him Dowie ....

The board hired all of those.

In ANY other business what our board have done in less than 2 years would mean sacking - especially as we are a public company with an AIM listing!!!!!!!

They MUST choose the right manager immediately, otherwise it could be years in the wilderness.
    the more things change .. the more they stay the same  :'(
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Looking back on this from 2008
    We finished 24th that season and yes we've basically now had 15 years of shite 
    Sad times
    I started reading this from the start, thinking it was a new thread, before I checked the 2008 date. Not much seems to have changed in the last 16 years!
    Think I have commented previously that for each window, the previous window's thread should be copied over to save everyone the bother.
  • Options
    Page one makes entertaining reading!!
  • Options
    Page one makes entertaining reading!!
    Yup
    Shot down in flames back in the day
    Even though I was right! 😉